The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Sep 10, 2010 at 11:34 AM Post #107 of 10,994

Quote:
So I stretched my budget Nd went with a WA2 to pair with my t1. How does that compare to the mapletree peter? Currently my t1 has been resting as I have no amp lol

Unfortunately I haven't heard the WA2 so I can't comment. The Mapletree is really good with the T1s and as an added bonus, the very best Grado amp I've heard to date.

Sep 10, 2010 at 1:57 PM Post #111 of 10,994
The WA2 is absolutely terrific with the T1 - maybe my favorite pairing.

Sep 10, 2010 at 2:22 PM Post #112 of 10,994

Quote:
yea i heard great thingsa bout that Decware.  yea, i didnt go with the 6SE because everyone including jack said the 2 is the way to go with the T1.

Agree. The 6SE wasn't bad with the T1 just not as musical as the CSP-2. OTL seem to do real well with high impedance cans. Nos so great with low impedance IMO. Where the 6SE would fair better. I also didn't notice what tubes Jack had rolled in there but rest assured it was the premium deal parts wise. So if you use low impedance cans better buy the 6SE also. Then wife will have lots of light bulbs to look at. LOL

Sep 10, 2010 at 3:19 PM Post #114 of 10,994

Quote:
how did a guy who joined headfi for a simple headset end up with a dacmagic, T1, SM3, and WA2....... evil this site is.

Cursed place this is!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 10, 2010 at 3:21 PM Post #115 of 10,994
I bought T1 because they are neat and I wanted to hear them off of my amp and I didn't get to hear them off of my amp when I had them on loan before canjam because I had sent my amp to Chicago so it could be with me at canjam a day before I got the T1 on loan and they didnt have a 4pinXLR on them anyways but I was supposed to put a 4pinXLR on them while I had them but I didnt know this so I didnt and I never got to hear them like I wanted to but now I will.

Quote:
how did a guy who joined headfi for a simple headset end up with a dacmagic, T1, SM3, and WA2....... evil this site is.

Your not even close to done :indra:

Sep 10, 2010 at 3:52 PM Post #116 of 10,994

Quote:

you still need one closed can and either the solid state amp or anothee Woo Hoo. Go get a part time job so you don't get the wife too pissed off. LMAO Evil is right

Sep 11, 2010 at 2:38 PM Post #117 of 10,994
Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, perhaps even in this thread, but..

At this point, is there any knowledge re: a possible low impedance T1? A friend is going to purchase a pair, for his brother no less, and we would all prefer 32ohms.

Thanks, Clark

Sep 11, 2010 at 2:59 PM Post #118 of 10,994

Quote:

At this point, is there any knowledge re: a possible low impedance T1? A friend is going to purchase a pair, for his brother no less, and we would all prefer 32ohms.

Thanks, Clark

Like the T5?

Sep 11, 2010 at 2:59 PM Post #119 of 10,994
There's the T5P that's sounds very similar to the T1, but it's closed and offers a 32ohm impedance.

EDIT: Typo in name of the headphones, now fixed.

Sep 11, 2010 at 5:13 PM Post #120 of 10,994

Quote:

Thanks, Clark

The T5P, same price but 32 Ohms, shorter cable, 3,5mm plug

The T50P is less than 1/3 in price and supraaural, not circumaural, not a full-sized headphone, but also 32 Ohms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back