The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Aug 29, 2010 at 12:43 AM Post #63 of 10,994
Very nice Dane! So what do you think of yours?

Aug 29, 2010 at 1:46 AM Post #64 of 10,994

Quote:
Very nice Dane! So what do you think of yours?

I think they sound great, of course.

beyersmile.png

From top to bottom, they simply sound so..."right" to my ears. I don't hear anything that I'd want to change. These have been described many times already and many of us seem to hear the same great qualities.

Bass that extends to 20 Hz fairly well which I've tested with tones at low volume. Bass remains tight with no hint of boomy resonance.With bass-heavy electronic music, they actually pull off a bit of pressurized slam type bass. The mids are simply intoxicating. Treble extends nicely and remains tame even at high volume if the recording quality permits. Perhaps not the largest soundstage out there but I've been very impressed with their capability in this regard.

I'm very happy with the T1.

Aug 29, 2010 at 2:02 AM Post #65 of 10,994
Indeed the mids are excellent. I love how they are lush, and yet so resolving and detailed! Really something to behold! It's about time I had bought this headphone.

The vocals in this soung sound pretty good IMO, well the whole thing does!!

Aug 29, 2010 at 2:11 AM Post #66 of 10,994
Why did you go and create this thread?? WHY??! 

Light wallet = no T1 = 
frown.gif

Aug 29, 2010 at 2:14 AM Post #67 of 10,994
Beautiful photo, Dane!

Questiion though, do yours not say beyerdynamic on the grills? Or did the flash just blow it out?

Aug 29, 2010 at 2:28 AM Post #68 of 10,994
Bombarde, how does the iDecco drive those monsters anyways?

jchandler3, sorry man. Just save up and you can have your own!!

Aug 29, 2010 at 2:46 AM Post #69 of 10,994

Quote:
Bombarde, how does the iDecco drive those monsters anyways?

Very nicely, IMO! I'm sure the iDecco's excellent DAC has something to to with that. As for the amp, I must admit I have nothing to compare it with. The only other opinion of the combination I've seen is the 6moons T1 review, which said they were a good match. 

A part of me is curious what I'd get if I fed the iDecco DAC into a nice tube amp. But that's probably because I spend too much time on Head-Fi. 
wink_face.gif

I certainly have no complaints with what I hear.

How are yours with your WA3+?

Aug 29, 2010 at 2:58 AM Post #70 of 10,994
They sound pretty darn good though it. It certainly fully powers them. I noticed I get more impact and extension with this amp than my Roc, probably has something to do with tubes having a higher voltage swing.

We should meat up so you could take a listen on the amp :wink:.

Not to derail here but I got a question. I'm trying to find an external balance control to hook up to my amps. See my left ear is kinda odd, odd meaning I can't hear as much out of it as my right ear. I've been using my PC as a source recently and using the balance controls in Foobar2000 to pitch it more to the left. Do any of you know anything I can use to do it with my amps? I prefer it not to be software based.

Aug 29, 2010 at 3:03 AM Post #71 of 10,994

Quote:
They sound pretty darn good though it. It certainly fully powers them. I noticed I get more impact and extension with this amp than my Roc, probably has something to do with tubes having a higher voltage swing.

We should meat up so you could take a listen on the amp :wink:.

Mini-Meet, anyone?

Aug 29, 2010 at 10:22 AM Post #74 of 10,994

Quote:
Beautiful photo, Dane!

Questiion though, do yours not say beyerdynamic on the grills? Or did the flash just blow it out?

Mine are special edition with no lettering on the grill, rather gold leaf imprinted  into the leather on the headband.

wink_face.gif

OK , I'm lying.  I didn't use flash, just 80 ISO in fairly low light with a cheap camera.

Here you can just barely see the lettering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back