The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Aug 28, 2010 at 12:34 AM Post #46 of 10,994
to be honest i cant remember what they sounded like before.  i just remember they were great.  plus, its hard to say when im using this ibasso pb1/db1 balanced combo.   for some reason, the headband is less comfortable than i remember. i keep adjusting its position but i cant find where i used to wear it.

Aug 28, 2010 at 1:21 AM Post #47 of 10,994
Well they do seem to gain more pep. I noticed on my Roc that the bass became tighter and more controlled. Separation also improved in the instruments. Of course I did majkels mod as well so that may have attributed to the improvement as well.

Aug 28, 2010 at 3:11 AM Post #48 of 10,994
So I was just listening to The Police- Zenyatta Mondatta on my T1's and it was incredible.  The bass was so deep and full bodied yet it never overpowered the rest of the music.  That's one of the best characteristics of the T1 IMO.  One of the reasons I chose the T1's instead of the HD800s was due to the reports of the HD800s being a bass lite can only suited for classical/jazz.  It's great with the T1's that I get revealing, neutral sound but still a fun sound with classic rock like 'Zeppelin and a great sound stage with Mahler symphonies

Aug 28, 2010 at 1:36 PM Post #50 of 10,994
#1041 owner here
L3000.gif

Aug 28, 2010 at 8:59 PM Post #51 of 10,994

Quote:
sigh... ah the sound of the T1 back in my ears.  the only way im selling it is if i need to pay rent or upgrading lol

IMHO, there is no upgrading on the T1s, just picking something different.
biggrin.gif

Aug 28, 2010 at 9:45 PM Post #53 of 10,994

Quote:
i agree. :) just gotta work on the every other aspect of my setup lol

True...they really do show weaknesses in your system. My last tweaks were cables. Good copper interconnects (DiMarzio) for my Concerto and good silver (Kimber) interconnects with my tube amp.

Aug 28, 2010 at 9:46 PM Post #54 of 10,994
Yeah you need a dedicated amp and a DAC and you'll be set!! I still recommend the Roc SA Version for a amp, and the DAC25.2 as the DAC. The SA version is more tube like with it's smoother presentation. It can also output 1.7W into the T1's!!!

Quote:
i agree. :) just gotta work on the every other aspect of my setup lol

Aug 28, 2010 at 10:45 PM Post #56 of 10,994

Quote:
i know =\ but im trying to get smallest footprint.   all the good DACs and amps are pretty big it seems.  you guys have any recommendations for something smaller in each catagory?

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/509152/fs-meier-corda-opera

Great AMP and really good as a DAC...2 in 1.

My Meier Audio Concerto works very well with my T1s.

Aug 28, 2010 at 10:57 PM Post #57 of 10,994

Quote:
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/509152/fs-meier-corda-opera

Great AMP and really good as a DAC...2 in 1.

My Meier Audio Concerto works very well with my T1s.

very interesting.  too bad i have too much money tied up right now. i bought a HDP to try out. ill probably end up selling it and looking into one of the Meier amps.  have any other recommendations ?

Aug 28, 2010 at 11:02 PM Post #58 of 10,994

Quote:
very interesting.  too bad i have too much money tied up right now. i bought a HDP to try out. ill probably end up selling it and looking into one of the Meier amps.  have any other recommendations ?

Interesting...let us know how the HDP pairs with the T1s.

The Meier Audio Concerto is a definite winner and if you want to go tubes I can confirm Mapletree and Woo amps are great pairings too. My favourite still though is the Mapletree amp w/ NOS Sylvania Grey Plate Gold 5751 driver tube and good 6N silver interconnects. More organic tube sound that I prefer and the sound stage is slightly wider and deeper. Not by much, but enough for me to prefer it.

Aug 28, 2010 at 11:11 PM Post #59 of 10,994

Quote:
Interesting...let us know how the HDP pairs with the T1s.

The Meier Audio Concerto is a definite winner and if you want to go tubes I can confirm Mapletree and Woo amps are great pairings too. My favourite still though is the Mapletree amp w/ NOS Sylvania Grey Plate Gold 5751 driver tube and good 6N silver interconnects.

yea i had the WA6 with pdps and the princess b4 i decided to sell my desktop rig.  ugh! i love tubes but i just dont have the desk space for it lol. thats why im trying all these portable setups.  i wish someone with a desktop setup would by the ibasso balanced dac/amp combo and tell us how it compares lol. i have the combo but i dont have any frame of reference to say it competes with mid fi desktop rigs or not.

Aug 28, 2010 at 11:19 PM Post #60 of 10,994

Quote:
yea i had the WA6 with pdps and the princess b4 i decided to sell my desktop rig.  ugh! i love tubes but i just dont have the desk space for it lol. thats why im trying all these portable setups.  i wish someone with a desktop setup would by the ibasso balanced dac/amp combo and tell us how it compares lol. i have the combo but i dont have any frame of reference to say it competes with mid fi desktop rigs or not.

The issue is that the T1s are $1300 headphones and need (and deserve) a "system" to be built around them to reach their full potential...source/amp/dac/tubes (if tube amp)/cables/etc... (in that order).

My system took about 10 months of tweaking and experimenting to get to a point now where I'm really thinking there is nothing left to get any more out of them...who know though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back