The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Feb 9, 2014 at 10:17 PM Post #6,766 of 10,994

That'll be a good deal for someone then - the X-Sabre is an outstanding DAC.

I personally don't find it too warm, but it all depends on personal taste and the amps you use. It's a great match with the Mainline and also with the Matrix Quattro amp (both with T1s as well)

What is your preferred amp for the T1? 

Feb 9, 2014 at 11:16 PM Post #6,767 of 10,994
I am considering selling my HE-400's and putting the money toward a second hand pair of T1's as an upgrade to the HD650's. I have a crack Amp and Odac to drive them with. I was hoping I might be able to pickup a second hand pair for $700-800, is that realistic? I had heard that some of the batches had worse sound quality than others, and I am unsure if this was a batch issue and what I need to look for to avoid those, since I won't be able to test them in advance. 

Feb 9, 2014 at 11:47 PM Post #6,768 of 10,994
  I am considering selling my HE-400's and putting the money toward a second hand pair of T1's as an upgrade to the HD650's. I have a crack Amp and Odac to drive them with. I was hoping I might be able to pickup a second hand pair for $700-800, is that realistic? I had heard that some of the batches had worse sound quality than others, and I am unsure if this was a batch issue and what I need to look for to avoid those, since I won't be able to test them in advance. 

Where did you hear that? 

Feb 10, 2014 at 12:04 AM Post #6,769 of 10,994

There are older models with different  headbands (like mine) and newer ones that some say are more comfortable and maybe more durable.I have an earlier model and my headband hasn't been a problem at all.

I recently tried my old T1 next to a new one and couldn't hear any difference.Not to say there isn't a difference(I don't know)but I couldn't hear any...

Feb 10, 2014 at 6:12 AM Post #6,771 of 10,994
  I feel the Beyerdynamic should come out with a newer flagship headphone. The T1 is a great headphone ,but it can only compete with headphones like the HE-500 and the HD700. Very few people compare out even say the T1 is on the same level as the HD 800's or the HE-6. Right now the T1 is at the level of the semi-flagships. Many people prefer the flagship's of other headphone companies over beyer's. 

You clearly have never visited this thread http://www.head-fi.org/t/624061/please-vote-audeze-lcd-2-vs-beyerdynamic-t1-vs-sennheiser-hd-800-vs-audeze-lcd-3 
tongue.gif

Feb 10, 2014 at 5:12 PM Post #6,775 of 10,994

How is the Crack in compare to the Mainline for the T1s?

The Crack and Mainline are quite similar in general presentation, but the Mainline has better treble extension and the treble quality is better too (the Crack is a bit rough around the edges in comparison). The Mainline's soundstage is also larger and better defined. The differences are significant (i.e. the Mainline is worth the extra), but the Crack well and truly holds its own.

Check out my reviews in the Bottlehead discussion thread for more: http://www.head-fi.org/t/683012/bottlehead-amplifier-discussion-comparison-thread-crack-sex-mainline

Feb 10, 2014 at 5:49 PM Post #6,777 of 10,994

The Crack and Mainline are quite similar in general presentation, but the Mainline has better treble extension and the treble quality is better too (the Crack is a bit rough around the edges in comparison). The Mainline's soundstage is also larger and better defined. The differences are significant (i.e. the Mainline is worth the extra), but the Crack well and truly holds its own.

Check out my reviews in the Bottlehead discussion thread for more: http://www.head-fi.org/t/683012/bottlehead-amplifier-discussion-comparison-thread-crack-sex-mainline

Thanks for adding the link! 

Feb 10, 2014 at 5:58 PM Post #6,778 of 10,994

Users who are viewing this thread

Back