The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Oct 7, 2013 at 12:16 PM Post #5,671 of 10,994
  You guys must have large ears !!!  
wink_face.gif

Yes "we" have AKG pad (.7.) ears 
k701smile.gif

After hearing with T1 or other neutral sounding headphones I observe how colored the D7000 is!

Oct 7, 2013 at 5:24 PM Post #5,672 of 10,994
Got another T1 w/ BD 4-pin en route. Anxiously awaiting my SA-31SE to arrive so I have something to plug them into. My first T1s (the good ones heh) sounded stupidly good from the C2-SA at the time-the new AGD is pretty much a higher powered version of that amp. Fingers crossed.

-Daniel

Oct 8, 2013 at 2:23 PM Post #5,674 of 10,994
Oct 8, 2013 at 5:22 PM Post #5,677 of 10,994
PSYCHEDELIC TRANSCENDENCE!!!

its that good! 
wink.gif

Oct 8, 2013 at 5:33 PM Post #5,678 of 10,994
  Just sold my HD650 for a future upgrade to the T1's! What can i expect from them???

Spending more money on DAC / Headphone Amp after reading how great it sound from OTL tube amps etc
biggrin.gif

Oct 8, 2013 at 6:18 PM Post #5,680 of 10,994

Spending more money on DAC / Headphone Amp after reading how great it sound from OTL tube amps etc
biggrin.gif

Speaking of OTL, I've read the Crack to be great with the Senns. Anyone here own the Crack and T1? Good combo? 

Itching to pull the trigger, but worried I have to get a Senn to fully appreciate it. I don't want another headphone...this year. lol! Want to pair it with T1. 

Oct 8, 2013 at 6:26 PM Post #5,681 of 10,994

Speaking of OTL, I've read the Crack to be great with the Senns. Anyone here own the Crack and T1? Good combo?

Itching to pull the trigger, but worried I have to get a Senn to fully appreciate it. I don't want another headphone...this year. lol! Want to pair it with T1.

I like the combo alright and would still be using them together, but I went with another OTL. For the price, the Crack is very good.

Oct 8, 2013 at 6:33 PM Post #5,682 of 10,994
Which one? :) 

Torn between getting the WA2 and the Crack at the moment...but honestly, I might just get the Crack to try my hand at audio DIY, then get the woo sometime mid next year. Soldering iron has been in the box too long. :p

Oct 8, 2013 at 6:36 PM Post #5,683 of 10,994
  Which one? :) 

Torn between getting the WA2 and the Crack at the moment...but honestly, I might just get the Crack to try my hand at audio DIY, then get the woo sometime mid next year. Soldering iron has been in the box too long. :p

What's you're budget?

The Crack is excellent, especially with the Speedball, but the Bottlehead S.E.X (SET, not OTL) is better with the T1s IMO. It's also more versatile with other lower impedance cans.

Check out the comparison (Crack, SEX and Mainline) thread if you're interested... http://www.head-fi.org/t/683012/bottlehead-amplifier-discussion-comparison-thread-crack-sex-mainline

Oct 8, 2013 at 6:41 PM Post #5,685 of 10,994
Really? Been lurking that thread, yeah. :) 

Pretty much the cost of the WA2 in Australia. About 1200 AUD give or take. 

However, I've been wanting to do a bit of DIY. Used to be really handy with a soldering iron back in the day. I imagine there's layers of rust I need to remove. Used to build CB and ICOM type radio antennas and cables. Nothing to fancy. That's why the Crack and Speedball were on my radar. 

How much more difficult is the S.E.X. to build when compared to the crack? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back