The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
May 28, 2013 at 6:25 AM Post #4,381 of 10,994
I have the T1 and when they play music and I put them on a stand I can barely hear anything. Unless you are the kind that plays music VERY LOUD, people will barely hear a thing, but will....

May 28, 2013 at 6:57 AM Post #4,382 of 10,994
Quote:

Oh....it sounds that T1 leaks quite crazily, iirc T5p is the same or about the same price as T1, but sound not as good as T1, so I'd like to consider other closed cans instead.
wink.gif

How about:

TH-600
Sig Pro
Sig DJ

May 28, 2013 at 7:18 AM Post #4,383 of 10,994
Quote:
I have the T1 and when they play music and I put them on a stand I can barely hear anything. Unless you are the kind that plays music VERY LOUD, people will barely hear a thing, but will....

even quietly i can still hear them. then it also depends on where they listen. the acoustics of the room as well as the noise around him affect whether they will hear it or not. either way, they still leak quite a bit.

also in my old apartment, my roommate even when playing quietly could hear the T1 in his room through the wall. 

May 28, 2013 at 7:21 AM Post #4,384 of 10,994
Quote:

even quietly i can still hear them. then it also depends on where they listen. the acoustics of the room as well as the noise around him affect whether they will hear it or not. either way, they still leak quite a bit.

also in my old apartment, my roommate even when playing quietly could hear the T1 in his room through the wall. 

I think thats pretty extreme. I use them at work and they are fine. I take them off and leave them playing on my desk when i get a coffee and when i come back to my desk you can hardly hear them.

May 28, 2013 at 10:22 AM Post #4,387 of 10,994
Quote:
I think thats pretty extreme. I use them at work and they are fine. I take them off and leave them playing on my desk when i get a coffee and when i come back to my desk you can hardly hear them.

Hmmm .... while you were gone, one of your office neighbors walked over and turned down the volume?   
dt880smile.png

May 28, 2013 at 10:32 AM Post #4,388 of 10,994
Re-cable question to all those out there.  Determined the problem with my T1's is most likely the cable not the drivers.  It's out of warranty.  Debating whether to go through Beyer's repair service or just have it re-cabled from Moon or BTG.

Does anyone have any recommendations on where to go or not to go for this?  Also anywhere in Northern Virginia would be a big plus:) Moon quoted me $300 to put a 5ft black dragon on it...BTG would be cheaper.  Beyers service would probably be cheapest ($80 or so if i recall?) but then I'd be worried about the cable failing again.

May 28, 2013 at 2:23 PM Post #4,391 of 10,994
Quote:
Re-cable question to all those out there.  Determined the problem with my T1's is most likely the cable not the drivers.  It's out of warranty.  Debating whether to go through Beyer's repair service or just have it re-cabled from Moon or BTG.

Does anyone have any recommendations on where to go or not to go for this?  Also anywhere in Northern Virginia would be a big plus:) Moon quoted me $300 to put a 5ft black dragon on it...BTG would be cheaper.  Beyers service would probably be cheapest ($80 or so if i recall?) but then I'd be worried about the cable failing again.

If I were you, I'd still contact Beyer regardless whether you decide to use them or not. I had fantastic customer service with their authorized center in new york...I know the info is on the BeyerUSA website, but I don't have it here at work. You can always decide to get an aftermarket cable, but I'd at least contact them initially to see what they have to say.

May 28, 2013 at 6:35 PM Post #4,392 of 10,994
Quote:

Drew does a nice job recabling the T1 and been doing them since the T1 came out. 80.00 is cheap for the Beyer cable.

May 28, 2013 at 9:00 PM Post #4,393 of 10,994
May 28, 2013 at 9:02 PM Post #4,394 of 10,994
May 28, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #4,395 of 10,994
Quote:
600 UK pounds = 903 USD.... this is the price they sell....

Nothing special...

Really? I was just going by the woo site of 1399 dollars and meier audio have them for 949 euro which is 1221 dollars. Do yo know of other sites where they are cheap like this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back