The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
May 13, 2013 at 6:49 PM Post #4,171 of 10,994
Agreed. My experience is the same. Even with sub optimal sources (iPhone via Analog input) it manages to make the T1 sound fun and lively. 

Not as detailed as some other full sized desktop setups, but definitely a good match. As good as Pan Am > LCD 2 even. Of course the sound signature will be different, but in terms of enjoyability, The Pan Am>T1 and Pan Am>LCD 2 is about equal. 

May 13, 2013 at 6:54 PM Post #4,172 of 10,994
Bit of good news for me. My T1's are back!

Shoutout to BeyerGunter for the help and zilch0md for the assistance and moral support. 

Listening to them now at work on my Asgard. Not an optimal listening setup and not the best conditions for critical listening, but it's enjoyable nonetheless. Especially since I haven't had them for a while. can't wait to take them home and plug them into the Soloist again, especially since I have my new DAC.

May 14, 2013 at 1:58 AM Post #4,173 of 10,994
Quote:
Bit of good news for me. My T1's are back!

Shoutout to BeyerGunter for the help and zilch0md for the assistance and moral support. 

Listening to them now at work on my Asgard. Not an optimal listening setup and not the best conditions for critical listening, but it's enjoyable nonetheless. Especially since I haven't had them for a while. can't wait to take them home and plug them into the Soloist again, especially since I have my new DAC.

Yay!   
L3000.gif

May 14, 2013 at 2:44 AM Post #4,175 of 10,994
I have listened to T1 powered by a Beyer A1 with a Naim DAC doing the analogue conversion. The soundstage is massive, treble is sparkly, and the bass is just jaw-droppingly detailed. The sound quality from this combination is what convinced me to purchase the T1.Too bad I couldn't afford a $3,500 DAC with no built-in amplifier. 

May 14, 2013 at 2:50 AM Post #4,176 of 10,994
Quote:
A "built-in power supply" doesn't mean it is "off the grid", it just means the power supply/connection to the mains is in the same housing as the rest of the amp.

Well, that was dumb, lol. My apologies.
But I have come across this from a company called Red Wine Audio:

"..our entire line of components run on "off-the-grid" on battery power,
resulting in an effortless and emotionally involving musical experience.."
http://redwineaudio.com/components

Their Cassabria looks very interesting with that wood accent facia. I wonder about the
true quality of these "off-the-grid" amplifiers. Audeze recommends it and direct-sells a variant
with their LCD as a single package

May 14, 2013 at 8:38 AM Post #4,177 of 10,994
Quote:
I have listened to T1 powered by a Beyer A1 with a Naim DAC doing the analogue conversion. The soundstage is massive, treble is sparkly, and the bass is just jaw-droppingly detailed. The sound quality from this combination is what convinced me to purchase the T1. Now there is no way I could afford a $3,500 DAC with no built-in amplifier. Is there a cheaper alternative (less than $1,500) out there that could emulate the A1/Naim combo?

what a dac!

May 16, 2013 at 1:00 AM Post #4,178 of 10,994
Quote:
That's the thing.  People see the charts, then people say "yeah, that's what I hear".  I just wonder, if the charts was never shown what would people say.  That's why I say,  Not to my ears.  I really could care less what's on the chart.  My music may not ever hit those peaks.  

Well Miles Davis Trumpet will. 
biggrin.gif

That's exactly what it is...there are lots of "right fighters" on this site who like to throw out graphs to prove someone else has a lesser headphone and/or less discerning hearing. It really gets annoying. I don't understand why anyone gives a flying fart which headphone someone else buys...I've never seen an area of audio where people are so disingenuous...it gets nauseating. 

I recently hit my one year anniversary with both my T1s and my 1350s, and I love the hell out of both phones. They both provide me endless hours of enjoyment and both were well worth the price they paid. I'm sure the Senn 800s are fantastic as well, and hopefully one day I'll get to audition them, but for the time being I really couldn't be happier with my little headphone collection. 

May 16, 2013 at 7:03 AM Post #4,179 of 10,994
Quote:

That's exactly what it is...there are lots of "right fighters" on this site who like to throw out graphs to prove someone else has a lesser headphone and/or less discerning hearing. It really gets annoying. I don't understand why anyone gives a flying fart which headphone someone else buys...I've never seen an area of audio where people are so disingenuous...it gets nauseating. 

I recently hit my one year anniversary with both my T1s and my 1350s, and I love the hell out of both phones. They both provide me endless hours of enjoyment and both were well worth the price they paid. I'm sure the Senn 800s are fantastic as well, and hopefully one day I'll get to audition them, but for the time being I really couldn't be happier with my little headphone collection. 

Here.. here..  Amen to that..

beerchug.gif

May 16, 2013 at 10:57 AM Post #4,181 of 10,994
If my budget couldn't afford the WA2, is the T1 paired with the WA6(non se) with sofia princess an okay pairing. I'd upgrade my amp in the future though. I've also looked at the Burson Soloist SL, Beyerdynamic A1 or Headzone amp, Centrance Dacmini, Musical Fidelity HPA and icon Audio HP8 MK2.

May 16, 2013 at 12:28 PM Post #4,182 of 10,994
Quote:
If my budget couldn't afford the WA2, is the T1 paired with the WA6(non se) with sofia princess an okay pairing. I'd upgrade my amp in the future though. I've also looked at the Burson Soloist SL, Beyerdynamic A1 or Headzone amp, Centrance Dacmini, Musical Fidelity HPA and icon Audio HP8 MK2.

Wait it out
wink.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/526410/wa3-wa2-wa6-wa6se-comparison-from-jack
The comparison chart on page 2 was pretty awesome.

Stretch your budget, and don't look back.
I was in your position awhile back and waited it out, you'll end up saving more in the long run and not having to deal with "if I had gotten the WA2 instead..."

It's the same as having a monitor that natively supports 1080p but your graphics card is optimal for 720p. It can display the image fine and look nice, but it can definitely be better.

May 16, 2013 at 7:37 PM Post #4,183 of 10,994
Quote:

WA6 will be OK with T1 and sophia (and probably 6EW7 tubes or something). it will have a good soundstage and lots of detail, but a little thin sounding vs the fuller sounding WA2 and won't be as sweet sounding. the sophia is good cause its a nice smooth sounding tube, be careful with WA6/WA6-SE tubes and T1. many of them will give the T1 a grainy or harsh sound, its very picky. 

May 17, 2013 at 9:18 AM Post #4,184 of 10,994
mine SN11173... sound perfect for my taste... because my setup also I think... hahaha

May 17, 2013 at 10:06 AM Post #4,185 of 10,994
I'm trying to share the best of my little headphone setup picture...

the headphone itself.. simply the best and my favorite

DAC and amp for driving it... I'm sure you guys already familiar with both of that...
biggrin.gif

usb cable using wireworld starlight...
*WA7 using default tube, though I also have the electro harmonix one but I think default matching better for T1*

my filtered power distributor and the big one is power cord... I connected to DAC mini==> Harmonic techonology AC-10

this one is my DIY RCA to RCA... using all wbt-0152cu RCA connector...

overall, I feel it match each other... very perfect for my liking.... sorry for bad quality picture...
dont think want to upgrade for a moment, but still aiming for WA5 later on... for now maybe just want to make it detachable... hehee..
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back