The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Apr 19, 2013 at 5:05 PM Post #3,976 of 10,994
I'am bit confused now "Boy was i wrong when i pulled the trigger on a Mjolnir" is Mjolnir good or bad than :D Also guess my next upgrade should be rather better dac than amp or am I wrong ?

Unsure how good the lyr's are.
I bought the amp first because a dac could be anything from a phone, PC, ps3, etc and wasn't restricted to 'PC only'.
That was one of the reasons why I picked up the amp over the dac in the first place and over the WA7.
I wanted a dedicated amp with more inputs to switch from and the amp does exactly that and am currently saving for a dac now as we speak.

If it were me, I'd upgrade the amp first IMO since my $200 stx dac is working quite fine.

Apr 19, 2013 at 5:07 PM Post #3,977 of 10,994
Sorry i shouldve said "boy was i wrong on the Burson once i heard the Mjolnir."
As far as upgrade concerns go, i find the correct amp for the T1 is a bigger upgrade than an expensive DAC. Other owners can help chime in on their experiences here.

I've actually read good things about the Soloist o.0

Edit: crap was suppose to edit the first post but typing from phone is hard lol.
Listening to the wa2- T1 on my phone right now in bed and i'd say yeah, amp first.
Too lazy to turn on PC

Apr 19, 2013 at 5:12 PM Post #3,978 of 10,994
Quote:
As far as upgrade concerns go, i find the correct amp for the T1 is a bigger upgrade than an expensive DAC. Plus, an amp is going to last you much longer than a DAC will. Other owners can help chime in on their experiences here.

I would need to try it out somewhere :frowning2:

Buying new WA2 would be little too much for me, was thinking about Bifrost as decent dac, but if it's not gonna make much of a difference than I guess I'll leave it.

Apr 19, 2013 at 8:44 PM Post #3,979 of 10,994
Quote:
As far as upgrade concerns go, i find the correct amp for the T1 is a bigger upgrade than an expensive DAC. Plus, an amp is going to last you much longer than a DAC will. Other owners can help chime in on their experiences here.

You think so?  I think better source outweighs finding the "correct amp".  

Apr 19, 2013 at 8:58 PM Post #3,980 of 10,994
Quote:

You think so?  I think better source outweighs finding the "correct amp".  

I think the T1 is the exception to that case. Same for the HE-6 too.

Apr 19, 2013 at 11:21 PM Post #3,981 of 10,994
@Flisker

How do you find your T1 pairing with Lyr? What tubes you are using?

Apr 19, 2013 at 11:39 PM Post #3,982 of 10,994
Quote:
Any impression of T1 pairing with Burson Soloist? Thanks for everyone giving suggestions. I prefer to take the single ended route as the convenience and not needing to recable my other phones.

Totally stellar combination. If I could handle the stepped attenuator on my more sensitive headphones, I'd probably be keeping my T1 instead of selling them. 

Apr 20, 2013 at 2:37 AM Post #3,983 of 10,994
To all those looking for amps for T1s. I had a WA2 for some time and then switched it to Corda Classic. I have to say that I am very pleased with the end result. As much as I liked he WA2 and its more relaxed signature with T1s, I love the Classic even more for the transparency. I much prefer the Classic now and would not change it now. 

Note: I have the non-basslight ersion of T1s (provided that you believe there are two versions of these headphones)

Apr 20, 2013 at 4:15 AM Post #3,985 of 10,994
Quote:
non- basslight version?

"the normal T1" => a very well balanced headphone .

In contrast to the "Bass Light T1" , Piercing Treble and lacking bass only seen on old batch .  (or something like that) .

Apr 20, 2013 at 4:21 AM Post #3,986 of 10,994
Quote:

"the normal T1" => a very well balanced headphone .

In contrast to the "Bass Light T1" , Piercing Treble and lacking bass only seen on old batch .  (or something like that) .

I've read that there is no such difference - but I wouldn't be surprised if it's true. I recently went from HE500 to T1, and sometimes read that they sound somewhat similar, but to me they are as different as K701 and HD650. So I wouldn't be surprised if I have the "bass light T1" (it's #5618).. although I love them, just trying to add more bass and warmth.

Apr 20, 2013 at 4:38 AM Post #3,987 of 10,994
i have a 5680, doesn't sound bass light at all. treble is more than HD 800, but not piercing, and the mids are slightly warm.

Apr 20, 2013 at 5:21 AM Post #3,988 of 10,994
That's great to hear! I've recently had the HE500 and AKG K702 65th Anniversaries, which both are bassier and warmer, so I think that's what I'm hearing. Still I prefer the T1, much more detailed, and I can already hear that they will be a great allrounders. Hopefully my only headphones, since I'm getting to a point where I just want to listen to music for a while 
redface.gif

Apr 20, 2013 at 6:38 AM Post #3,989 of 10,994
Quote:
@Flisker

How do you find your T1 pairing with Lyr? What tubes you are using?

First I had in Valvo E88CC, they were nice with HD650 but don't think they are fit for T1 because I feel like they add some more treble. So I'am gonna do rolling party today and see what I can get :)

Will let you know 
wink.gif

Apr 20, 2013 at 7:50 AM Post #3,990 of 10,994
Quote:

First I had in Valvo E88CC, they were nice with HD650 but don't think they are fit for T1 because I feel like they add some more treble. So I'am gonna do rolling party today and see what I can get :)

Will let you know 
wink.gif

Have fun
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back