The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Nov 10, 2012 at 2:20 PM Post #3,392 of 10,994
Quote:

They are very similar in my opinion I have them both and can't hear much of a difference. My Q701's broke after two weeks of use no idea why, poor build quality maybe.. The K702's doesn't deliver what I thought they would do after hearing so much positive feedback on them. It was really disappointing they are not even good for classical music is my opinion. I don't see how anyone could like the AKG's more than the T1's in any genre, doesn't make sense to me. I agree that the AKG's are comfortable for movies, but I'm still using my T1's for this now as they are very comfortable for me as well. Oh and yeah, the T1's are definitely in a completely different league over the Q701's/K702's. 

the build quality was the first thing I noticed about the Qs....I was surprised how cheap it seemed. I was really expecting more cause they look so good in pictures. I never like making negative comments about headphones cause I know others own and love them, but in this case I just felt they really didn't even come close to living up to the hype. I do like that they include the two lengths of cable...that was a plus. But yeah, theres no area where they are better than the T1s....not even close. As you said, even in comfort the T1s are tops.

Nov 10, 2012 at 2:22 PM Post #3,393 of 10,994
Quote:
Sry guys if a change the battle discussion xD but someone do know if i pay with CASH in usa, if can i get a discount the T1 headphones??

anything is negotiable in the US :)  I would consider buying through Meier Audio....especially if you need an amp. Jan has package deals that will save you some bucks.

Nov 10, 2012 at 3:08 PM Post #3,394 of 10,994
Quote:
the build quality was the first thing I noticed about the Qs....I was surprised how cheap it seemed. I was really expecting more cause they look so good in pictures. I never like making negative comments about headphones cause I know others own and love them, but in this case I just felt they really didn't even come close to living up to the hype. I do like that they include the two lengths of cable...that was a plus. But yeah, theres no area where they are better than the T1s....not even close. As you said, even in comfort the T1s are tops.

T1 is to bassy for my taste , and it bothered me at the end 
biggrin.gif
. DT-880-600 ohms bass where better to my taste than T1 (in bass impact/quantity) . 
Let's say : DT-880-600 = "neutral" bass => 0 db , K702 -2db , T1 + 2B (just to give an idea nothing concret just impressions) . 

I really liked T1 and used it for 8 months 3 with C2.1  , 5 with Auditor where T1 showed his true potential (but also showed his drawnback for me , the bass awaken , at first it was fine , never had a headphone with so many "bass" but in the end this slight boost of bass  bored me . (peraphs it's not a boost and i am just bass light at the end) . (Don't like to use EQ )

And K702 has a slight wider soundstage (but don't mean better
tongue.gif
) .  (But i didn't have anymore K702 or Auditor , cust cost , AD2000 and DT-48 are discontinued so i prefer buying them and do some sacrifice , i could latter rebuy K702 or auditor so not very bothering) . O2 doing a great djob ...

T1 is a superior headphone to K702 , but you can still prefer K70X/Q70X to T1 , but for me now it would be AD2000 or DT-48 (one is coming soon again) .

Nov 10, 2012 at 4:04 PM Post #3,395 of 10,994
Quote:

T1 is to bassy for my taste , and it bothered me at the end 
biggrin.gif
. DT-880-600 ohms bass where better to my taste than T1 (in bass impact/quantity) . 
Let's say : DT-880-600 = "neutral" bass => 0 db , K702 -2db , T1 + 2B (just to give an idea nothing concret just impressions) . 

I really liked T1 and used it for 8 months 3 with C2.1  , 5 with Auditor where T1 showed his true potential (but also showed his drawnback for me , the bass awaken , at first it was fine , never had a headphone with so many "bass" but in the end this slight boost of bass  bored me . (peraphs it's not a boost and i am just bass light at the end) . (Don't like to use EQ )

And K702 has a slight wider soundstage (but don't mean better
tongue.gif
) .  (But i didn't have anymore K702 or Auditor , cust cost , AD2000 and DT-48 are discontinued so i prefer buying them and do some sacrifice , i could latter rebuy K702 or auditor so not very bothering) . O2 doing a great djob ...

T1 is a superior headphone to K702 , but you can still prefer K70X/Q70X to T1 , but for me now it would be AD2000 or DT-48 (one is coming soon again) .

Yes, I've seen several people say they prefer the DT-880s over the T1s, so you're not alone in feeling that way. I had a pair before I got the T1s, but there was something abotu the mids that I didn't like. I was never really able to put my finger on it, but they just felt too distant. I was afraid I wouldn't like the T1s either, but I ended up liking them quite a lot. But yeah, everyone is different and prefers different sounds...that's a good thing :)

Nov 10, 2012 at 5:03 PM Post #3,396 of 10,994
Hi,

I put that "rude" bit in a a precaution. I really didn't like the HD650 at all, but with some music I do enjoy them more than others. I think they work well with really bright recordings or even ones that are both bright and bass light.

Yeah I just feel that using the HD650 on the Zana is way overkill. I also don't hear them scale as many claim. I think the HD650 and HD600 can be tapped out on equipment that costs 1/4 to 1/8 of that.

Quote:
I can't find anything rude in your comments. Different strokes for different folks is all. I can't say much about the HD600, having heard it only once and briefly at that. The HD650's remain a favorite of mine, but also a one-trick pony. I use them exclusively for small-ensemble jazz and bop. They have provided me with as much satisfaction and for a longer period of time than any other headphone. Eventually the MK1 took it's place, but I regard the HD650 as one of the better returns on my investment (calculated via listening hours) and believe their synergy with the Zana is the best headphone/amp synergy I've heard. Pity you didn't hear it the way I do.

Nov 13, 2012 at 12:25 PM Post #3,397 of 10,994
Does anybody know at which serial number the new headband was introduced? I'm also looking into buying a T1, however I would prefer one with the new headband.

Nov 13, 2012 at 8:55 PM Post #3,400 of 10,994
Quote:
I think my serial is around 5400 and has the new headband.

I'm around 5500 and have the new headband as well. Love my T1's! Not a superstar of any one thing, but it sure does do everything good :)

Nov 14, 2012 at 7:22 AM Post #3,402 of 10,994
Quote:
I'm around 5500 and have the new headband as well. Love my T1's! Not a superstar of any one thing, but it sure does do everything good :)

Actually I think the opposite the T1 is a SUPERSTAR because it can play every genre very good, not good but very good in my opinion.
In fact I don't feel any mistakes in the listening experience at all in any genre.

Nov 14, 2012 at 9:09 AM Post #3,403 of 10,994
I have a question to you all. I really like to keep my things in as nice condition as possible. Do you people have any tips for how to best maintain a headphone such as the T1 or any other headphone? like cleaning tips and so on, how to keep the headband as nice as possible. So yeah keep the tips coming I would appreciate to hear how you guys do and what you use to keep your headphones in the best condition year after year
smile.gif

Nov 14, 2012 at 9:11 AM Post #3,405 of 10,994
Quote:
I have a question to you all. I really like to keep my things in as nice condition as possible. Do you people have any tips for how to best maintain a headphone such as the T1 or any other headphone? like cleaning tips and so on, how to keep the headband as nice as possible. So yeah keep the tips coming I would appreciate to hear how you guys do and what you use to keep your headphones in the best condition year after year
smile.gif

Let them breath but also keep them in their case,  Get a lint brush for the pads.  Oil up or apply some kind of conditioner to the headband every now and then.  Your all set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back