The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Sep 29, 2012 at 10:41 AM Post #3,181 of 10,994
Hey,

The outer rim is black on one of your's? That's so odd.. Could you happen to take pictures at all?

Quote:
Two of the T1 I have have a grey outer rim surrounding the metal mesh while the third pair has a black rim. Does anyone know anything about this? Also, it is of interest to me how they managed to screw up the headband again when they could have done a far better job. 

Sep 29, 2012 at 11:08 AM Post #3,182 of 10,994
nah, v800 is way too expensive.

I had two additional question to the T1 owners in this thread.
1) Is there a one box solution (Amp+DAC) which pairs well with the T1 for around 1000 like the Burson AH-160D, the burson is said to be a bad match for the T1.
2) I don't expect most people to know this, but this website (http://www.dr.loudness-war.info/index.php?search_artist=metallica&search_album=) rates the quality of the recording in each album, so it says which album is recorded well and which one is not. Do you think an album with a scale of around 12/11/13 or something like that would be recorded well enough for the T1, or will the T1 reveal many mistakes to the point where it's not even worth getting it (I will be listening to mostly rock and metal)?

I use my T1 with a Centrance DACmini with very good result. Mine have the 1 ohm output (not needed for the T1 but good for the LCD2) but you can get the higher gain option for more headroom. For my normal listening level the volume is at 1 o'clock. Still enough for me.

Sep 29, 2012 at 12:13 PM Post #3,183 of 10,994
Oct 1, 2012 at 7:58 AM Post #3,185 of 10,994
Quote:
I agree about the DT1350s. They're the reason I jumped on the T1s.

I'm in the same boat. I have used my DT1350 for nearly 2 years now. When Zombie mentioned they were a "baby T1" I just had to get it's bigger brother.
biggrin.gif

So now I have the T1's!

I don't have the budget for a WA2 etc.....however I'm still looking for a mid tier desktop amp to drive these.

Any suggestions? I'm looking to keep the sparkly treble, so no dark/warm amps.

Considering the Schiit Asgard and Vallaha at present.......

Oct 1, 2012 at 11:45 AM Post #3,189 of 10,994
Quote:

http://schiit.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=0&products_id=3

http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/SA/SA31/SA31EN.htm

http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/Compass%202/Compass2EN.htm

I'm not too sure about the Lyr; I've read it's too powerful and not a great match with the T1. I read the entire T1 thread and this appears to be the general consensus.

Never heard of audio gd. I'll do some research.

Thanks,

Oct 1, 2012 at 3:02 PM Post #3,190 of 10,994
Hi, this is an old thread so I have no idea if anyone will see this. But I have a modded W2 and the T1s and it is amazing. Definitely a magic combo. I was also wondering if anyone recommends changing the cord on the T1. It is pretty hefty but maybe the sound can be improved by a better cord. I firmly believe in good speaker wire, ICs, and co ax cables.
Chris.

Oct 1, 2012 at 3:23 PM Post #3,191 of 10,994
Bloodflowerz: Congrats on the T1s! As for amps, unless you strictly want tubes, don't rule out the Meier amps. They're a great match for the T1s. I, too, have heard that the Schitt amps are not a great match for the T1s, although a buddy of mine mentioned that the v.2 version of the Valhalla went through some changes and might be a better fit now. Also heard great things about the Woo amps....on top of the fact that they look great!

Oct 1, 2012 at 11:50 PM Post #3,192 of 10,994
Quote:

I'm not too sure about the Lyr; I've read it's too powerful and not a great match with the T1. I read the entire T1 thread and this appears to be the general consensus.

Never heard of audio gd. I'll do some research.

Thanks,

i personally love the pairing with the bottlehead crack, don't know anything about schiit, but judging by the volume of them popping up on the for sale forums, they don't to stay in people's hands very long.

Oct 2, 2012 at 10:28 AM Post #3,193 of 10,994
Quote:
Bloodflowerz: Congrats on the T1s! As for amps, unless you strictly want tubes, don't rule out the Meier amps. They're a great match for the T1s. I, too, have heard that the Schitt amps are not a great match for the T1s, although a buddy of mine mentioned that the v.2 version of the Valhalla went through some changes and might be a better fit now. Also heard great things about the Woo amps....on top of the fact that they look great!

Thanks Focker.

I'm not strictly after tubes; I would like to maintain the sparkly, energetic treble but add some weight to the bass.

What does the Corda Jazz do to the Beyer T1, since I see you have this exact pairing? It's pretty much in my budget and on my list now of possible amps.

:)

Oct 2, 2012 at 3:35 PM Post #3,194 of 10,994
Quote:
Thanks Focker.

I'm not strictly after tubes; I would like to maintain the sparkly, energetic treble but add some weight to the bass.

What does the Corda Jazz do to the Beyer T1, since I see you have this exact pairing? It's pretty much in my budget and on my list now of possible amps.

:)

I'm not really a solid state guy, but I love my Jazz. I bought a tube buffer around the same time since I sort of anticipated that I'd want that "tubeyness" in there, but honestly even though I love the buffer, the Jazz sounds fantastic without it. Jan's crossfeed circuit is really great....it's very subtle, often times easier to notice after you remove it as opposed to after you turn it on...and the amp just seems to allow the T1s to do their thing. I often like tubes for brighter phones, cause it softens things up a bit on top but still allows me to enjoy the brightness. Sort of like how being outside on a really sunny day is great, but it's even better with some sunglasses :)  But in this case the T1s don't come off as overly bright at all. The Jazz allows them to remain quite neutral, with a very clean, well-controlled low end, beautiful mids (something that I felt was missing on the DT880s), and a nice extended top end. I'd have to go back and find my first post in the T1 thread after I bought them, but I remember being pretty amazed at how good they sounded right out of the box. The advantages over the 880s were apparent within the first few seconds and I really became quite smitten with them. I felt very comfortable with this pairing from the get-go, cause Jan is very familiar with the Beyerdynamic phones, especially the T1s. I found him to be very candid and honest, and these are headphones that will stay put for a long time. I often drool over other amps just cause I like to drool, but I have no plans or desire to move on from the Jazz anytime soon. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back