The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Sep 21, 2012 at 11:36 PM Post #3,136 of 10,994
Quote:

Well you can use SS amps with T1 and reach it's "full potential" , some ss amps like SPL Auditor/Phonitor , Violectric V200 , Beta 22 etc works as well if not "beter" than tube amps it's just a question of preference , tubes are not the holy grail  . Some will prefer T1 with tubes (peraphs a majority ) , but other will really enjoy it with SS amps and prefer SS amps over Tubes .

I don't have T1 anymore due to some unwanted expenses , but for the last 5 month T1+SPL auditor was a awesome combos and i would choice Auditor over Woo Audio Wa2 any time.

Vocé pode gustar mais de chocolate quente ao pequeno almoço que de café ... 

these amps are awfully expensive and I'm not sure about spending that much. Is there a good solid state amp for the t1 below 500 dollars, or will I need to spend more to really make them shine?

Sep 21, 2012 at 11:46 PM Post #3,137 of 10,994
Quote:
these amps are awfully expensive and I'm not sure about spending that much. Is there a good solid state amp for the t1 below 500 dollars, or will I need to spend more to really make them shine?

Well the first 4 months with My T1 i used it with an Audio GD C2.1 , and it sounded quite good , DT-880/600 ohms , K702 pluged on the same amp , T1 was clearly ahead (not so true with an Auditor but ...) .

Audio GD ,  SA-31 or NFB-6 (with T1 balanced) seam powerfull enough to bring T1 to good levels or even a Matrix M-stage , some more expensive amps will help , but below 500$ you can allready have quite good sounding T1 IMO  . 

Wait for other recommendations 
wink.gif

Just for the story i pluged T1 with an uber cheap HA INFO U2 Plus , and it was more than bearable , i would say decent .

Sep 22, 2012 at 12:03 AM Post #3,138 of 10,994
Well the first 4 months with My T1 i used it with an Audio GD C2.1 , and it sounded quite good , DT-880/600 ohms , K702 pluged on the same amp , T1 was clearly ahead (not so true with an Auditor but ...) .

Audio GD ,  SA-31 or NFB-6 (with T1 balanced) seam powerfull enough to bring T1 to good levels or even a Matrix M-stage , some more expensive amps will help , but below 500$ you can allready have quite good sounding T1 IMO  . 

Wait for other recommendations :wink:

Just for the story i pluged T1 with an uber cheap HA INFO U2 Plus , and it was more than bearable , i would say decent .

Thats a relief, its stressful enough to find properly recorded music files for it. The T1 is very expensive, so I had a question about the dt880 600 ohm, is the midrange recessed? I absolutely hate recessed and I want to stay away from it. I know that the mids in the t1 are awesome, but are the mids in the dt880 good or are they recessed?

Thanks for all your help :wink:

Sep 22, 2012 at 12:30 AM Post #3,139 of 10,994
Quote:
Thats a relief, its stressful enough to find properly recorded music files for it. The T1 is very expensive, so I had a question about the dt880 600 ohm, is the midrange recessed? I absolutely hate recessed and I want to stay away from it. I know that the mids in the t1 are awesome, but are the mids in the dt880 good or are they recessed?
Thanks for all your help
wink.gif

mids in DT880 are not recessed at all, not as smooth or as rich as the T1, but quite nice.
i read earlier about your posts on suggestions for an amp. i would recommend the amp i have, the bottlehead crack. with decent tubes, i feel you can bring out its full potential. the crack just brings everything together for me, i've never experienced brightness with my T1's and the bass is just perfect as well.

Sep 22, 2012 at 12:45 AM Post #3,140 of 10,994
Quote:
hey guys

I had a question about the T1. All threads that I read regarding an amp for the T1 mentioned tube amps, but I don't want to buy a tube amp because it seems like such a burden to maintain and taking it to other places without breaking the tubes seems difficult, so a solid state amp would be ideal for me. My question is: Is it worth getting the T1 If I'll be using it with a solid state amp instead of a tube amp. Does it really require a tube amp to reach it's true potential. Do you think I should get it if I'll be using it with a SS Amp?

Heck yeah it's worth it...my Meier Corda Jazz is a great match for the T1s. I have a tube buffer available, as well, so I can sort of mix and match...but the T1s with just the SS Meier is a phenomenal pairing. 

Sep 22, 2012 at 12:51 AM Post #3,141 of 10,994
mids in DT880 are not recessed at all, not as smooth or as rich as the T1, but quite nice.
i read earlier about your posts on suggestions for an amp. i would recommend the amp i have, the bottlehead crack. with decent tubes, i feel you can bring out its full potential. the crack just brings everything together for me, i've never experienced brightness with my T1's and the bass is just perfect as well.

Thats good to hear, I have a cheaper alternative in case I find the t1 too expensive. Too be honest, Id rather stay away from tube amps, they just seem so hard to maintain and I doubt I could transport them without breaking the tubes. I think i'll get get the t1 and the matrix m-stage. I had a question: have you heard any grado's? Would you say the t1 is better than grado's for rock considering the t1's soundstage and smoother highs? (I enjoy smooth highs)

Sep 22, 2012 at 8:25 AM Post #3,142 of 10,994
Quote:

Well you can use SS amps with T1 and reach it's "full potential" , some ss amps like SPL Auditor/Phonitor , Violectric V200 , Beta 22 etc works as well if not "beter" than tube amps it's just a question of preference , tubes are not the holy grail  . Some will prefer T1 with tubes (peraphs a majority ) , but other will really enjoy it with SS amps and prefer SS amps over Tubes .

I don't have T1 anymore due to some unwanted expenses , but for the last 5 month T1+SPL auditor was a awesome combos and i would choice Auditor over Woo Audio Wa2 any time.

Você pode gostar mais de chocolate quente ao pequeno almoço que de café ... 

This is a good post.

I fall in the "minority" I'm a solid state guy all the way.

You can look into DIY amps like the M^3 works really well with the T1s.  My M^3 is balanced so it might be out your price range.  However, on can be made within your price range.  Just a suggestion.

Sep 22, 2012 at 10:09 AM Post #3,143 of 10,994
Quote:

This is a good post.

I fall in the "minority" I'm a solid state guy all the way.

You can look into DIY amps like the M^3 works really well with the T1s.  My M^3 is balanced so it might be out your price range.  However, on can be made within your price range.  Just a suggestion.

Do you think the matrix m-stage would perform well, or should I invest in a better amp like the one yu mentioned?

Sep 22, 2012 at 10:44 AM Post #3,144 of 10,994
If you can find a good price on the Burson Soloist, that one is a great source for the T1, Much better than my Lyr tube amp (which is excellent on quite a few other phones). 

Sep 22, 2012 at 11:01 AM Post #3,147 of 10,994
M-stage is a decent entry level amp you can't be sorry with it , it's reported that it pair quit well with DT-880-600 ohms and even beter with HD650/K70X , T1 is a bit easier to drive than DT-880-600 ohms due to higher sensitivity , here at head fi you will always be pushed to put more money 
tongue.gif

A 2x more expensive amp than M-stage will not sound 2x better . more you climb in price , worst is the price ratio  improvement . You can start with m-stage + T1 and save for a better amp later.

Headphone is what mater most , amp in second , and DAC at end IMO . (we all hear differently so every one as his priorities you will have to try it by yourself to confirm or not what mater most for you
wink.gif
)

Sep 22, 2012 at 11:10 AM Post #3,148 of 10,994
Quote:
M-stage is a decent entry level amp you can't be sorry with it , it's reported that it pair quit well with DT-880-600 ohms and even beter with HD650/K70X , T1 is a bit easier to drive than DT-880-600 ohms due to higher sensitivity , here at head fi you will always be pushed to put more money 
tongue.gif

A 2x more expensive amp than M-stage will not sound 2x better . more you climb in price , worst is the price ratio  improvement . You can start with m-stage + T1 and save for a better amp later.

Headphone is what mater most , amp in second , and DAC at end IMO . (we all hear differently so every one as his priorities you will have to try it by yourself to confirm or not what mater most for you
wink.gif
)

M-stage is a great budget amp for me I guess. To be honest I'm still thinking if it's worth pouring all the money into the T1, I might just get the dt880 600 ohm. Have you heard both? Do you think the difference is huge and in YOUR OPINION (some people think it's worth it, others don't) do you think it's worth investing in the T1 rather than getting the dt880? The T1 one will also need a more expensive setup than the dt880.

I guess I finally know why people are sorry for your wallet when you become a member here :wink:

Sep 22, 2012 at 12:09 PM Post #3,149 of 10,994
Quote:
M-stage is a great budget amp for me I guess. To be honest I'm still thinking if it's worth pouring all the money into the T1, I might just get the dt880 600 ohm. Have you heard both? Do you think the difference is huge and in YOUR OPINION (some people think it's worth it, others don't) do you think it's worth investing in the T1 rather than getting the dt880? The T1 one will also need a more expensive setup than the dt880.

I guess I finally know why people are sorry for your wallet when you become a member here :wink:

I had both ,  just sold my T1 some days ago due to unwanted expenses and using a K702 again .

going step by step , first DT-880/600 ohms imrpove things around it (AMP , and DAC if needed) (because T1 and DT-880-600 have very similar needs) . A setup that will sound good with one will sound good with the other .  And i think that you will enjoy the DT-880 , but there is always this little doubt , should i upgrade to a T1 ?  (Some prefer DT-880 to T1 ...) .

T1 for me is a better headphone than DT-880 but it's not perfect , i think that i prefer the fact that mids are colder with DT-880 and bass impact quantity lower . Is T1 worth the price ? hum really not easy to respond , difference is noticeable and appreciable , but well it's not so huge and DT-880 wins hand down in price quality , i think that T1 should be purchased after trying DT-880-600 ohms , like a final upgrade if you feel the need . 

But if you want the "best" directly go with T1 and just upgrade what is around later 
tongue_smile.gif

i "downgraded" , to a K702 but i am not missing my gone T1 so much ..

Sep 22, 2012 at 12:18 PM Post #3,150 of 10,994
Quote:

I had both ,  just sold my T1 some days ago due to unwanted expenses and using a K702 again .

going step by step , first DT-880/600 ohms imrpove things around it (AMP , and DAC if needed) (because T1 and DT-880-600 have very similar needs) . A setup that will sound good with one will sound good with the other .  And i think that you will enjoy the DT-880 , but there is always this little doubt , should i upgrade to a T1 ?  (Some prefer DT-880 to T1 ...) .

T1 for me is a better headphone than DT-880 but it's not perfect , i think that i prefer the fact that mids are colder with DT-880 and bass impact quantity lower . Is T1 worth the price ? hum really not easy to respond , difference is noticeable and appreciable , but well it's not so huge and DT-880 wins hand down in price quality , i think that T1 should be purchased after trying DT-880-600 ohms , like a final upgrade if you feel the need . 

But if you want the "best" directly go with T1 and just upgrade what is around later 
tongue_smile.gif

i "downgraded" , to a K702 but i am not missing my gone T1 so much ..

Do you think the midrange is a bit recessed in the dt880? I want to avoid recessed mids like the plague, I hate it! There is also another factor to consider, the t1 is very unforgiving with poor music tracks. If the mids in the dt880 are recessed, is there a headphone with a similar sound and soundstage with a more forward midrange?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back