The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Sep 7, 2012 at 9:43 PM Post #3,121 of 10,994
Quote:
^ which means you BETTER clean them good before using them first.  Prolly got tons of hair and dust on there.

They were kept in a drawer when not used and treated like gold. They are in mint condition. My hair is far from falling out...still got a full head of hair at 40. 
tongue.gif

Sep 13, 2012 at 10:43 AM Post #3,125 of 10,994
Quote:
New T1 owner, very pleased with my decision. Nothing harsh or unbalanced about this can, truly a pleasure to listen to!

Congrats! Tell us more about your system...which amp are you using? DAC? Source? Preferred genres?

Sep 19, 2012 at 11:50 AM Post #3,127 of 10,994
Considering replacing my RS1i with a T1. Anyone use their set with a Zana Deux? The thought of purchasing another amp (the WA2, which I've nearly sprung for on several occasions) is the single factor keeping me from the T1.

Also, how does the T1 do with ambient electronica (Eno, Steve Roach, FSOL), ambient rock (My Bloody Valentine, Opeth - Damnation), and Indie (The National, Sufjan Stevens, Wilco)? 

Sep 19, 2012 at 10:25 PM Post #3,130 of 10,994
Congrats, Blisse! What amp are you using with them?

Thanks! I have the T1 running off my Nuforce HDP. I think I will require an upgrade in the future, but currently I can't justify one. Not enough space in my room. Between the T1 and HD650, I find the T1 better in almost every way except for bass quantity. The HD650 are definitely a bit boomier.

Sep 20, 2012 at 6:22 AM Post #3,131 of 10,994
Quote:
Considering replacing my RS1i with a T1. Anyone use their set with a Zana Deux? The thought of purchasing another amp (the WA2, which I've nearly sprung for on several occasions) is the single factor keeping me from the T1.

Also, how does the T1 do with ambient electronica (Eno, Steve Roach, FSOL), ambient rock (My Bloody Valentine, Opeth - Damnation), and Indie (The National, Sufjan Stevens, Wilco)? 

the T1 sounds good on the Taboo. When I owned the combo. But U used the csp2 with the Taboo also

Sep 20, 2012 at 11:36 AM Post #3,132 of 10,994
Frank, 

I have your Taboo, but I don't think I could have convinced you to sell me the CSP2+. I may just use the Zana Deux as preamp. My B22 usually carries off a good synergy with most cans and hopefully the T1 will not be the exception. I have options I suppose. Worst case scenario is purchase a CSP2+, which I've wanted for some time, due in no small part, to your musings. 

Sep 20, 2012 at 3:34 PM Post #3,133 of 10,994
Quote:
Frank, 

I have your Taboo, but I don't think I could have convinced you to sell me the CSP2+. I may just use the Zana Deux as preamp. My B22 usually carries off a good synergy with most cans and hopefully the T1 will not be the exception. I have options I suppose. Worst case scenario is purchase a CSP2+, which I've wanted for some time, due in no small part, to your musings. 

The CSP2 is what you need for the T1 and then you wont use the Taboo as the OTL is the best bet. My csp2 is with me longer than any other amp I have owned and is my permanent amp for my HD800 and I used it primarily with the T1 but did use the Taboo also on the T1. It probably will work fine with the T1 on its own.

Sep 21, 2012 at 10:31 PM Post #3,134 of 10,994
hey guys

I had a question about the T1. All threads that I read regarding an amp for the T1 mentioned tube amps, but I don't want to buy a tube amp because it seems like such a burden to maintain and taking it to other places without breaking the tubes seems difficult, so a solid state amp would be ideal for me. My question is: Is it worth getting the T1 If I'll be using it with a solid state amp instead of a tube amp. Does it really require a tube amp to reach it's true potential. Do you think I should get it if I'll be using it with a SS Amp?

Sep 21, 2012 at 11:27 PM Post #3,135 of 10,994
Quote:
hey guys

I had a question about the T1. All threads that I read regarding an amp for the T1 mentioned tube amps, but I don't want to buy a tube amp because it seems like such a burden to maintain and taking it to other places without breaking the tubes seems difficult, so a solid state amp would be ideal for me. My question is: Is it worth getting the T1 If I'll be using it with a solid state amp instead of a tube amp. Does it really require a tube amp to reach it's true potential. Do you think I should get it if I'll be using it with a SS Amp?

Well you can use SS amps with T1 and reach it's "full potential" , some ss amps like SPL Auditor/Phonitor , Violectric V200 , Beta 22 etc works as well if not "beter" than tube amps it's just a question of preference , tubes are not the holy grail  . Some will prefer T1 with tubes (peraphs a majority ) , but other will really enjoy it with SS amps and prefer SS amps over Tubes .

I don't have T1 anymore due to some unwanted expenses , but for the last 5 month T1+SPL auditor was a awesome combos and i would choice Auditor over Woo Audio Wa2 any time.

Você pode gostar mais de chocolate quente ao pequeno almoço que de café ... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back