The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
May 13, 2012 at 1:54 AM Post #2,461 of 10,994
Quote:
Speaking of the T1, I went to a Magnolia store at a local Best Buy earlier today. They didn't have the HD800, but had the AKG K550, ATH-M50's, HD558's, and T1's! I couldn't believe they had T1's! The sales clerk came up to me and asked if I was interested and I told him I already own a pair. He then asked what I use to amp them and I told him the V200 and Auditor. He was quite surprised I had those and then he asked if I had a DAC and I told him about my V800. He was clearly shocked but said he knew my gear and it was good stuff. He also went on to say it's a pity most people have crappy headphones. True that, true that.

Oh and I got a chance to listen to some Martin Logan Electrostatic speakers, not sure what model though. They sound excellent!

How do T1s pair with Auditor?

May 13, 2012 at 6:37 AM Post #2,462 of 10,994
very nice.

my best buy magnolia has k550s and some other headphones in the same price range. no t1/hd 800 though 
frown.gif

May 13, 2012 at 9:45 AM Post #2,463 of 10,994
Quote:
Speaking of the T1, I went to a Magnolia store at a local Best Buy earlier today. They didn't have the HD800, but had the AKG K550, ATH-M50's, HD558's, and T1's! I couldn't believe they had T1's! The sales clerk came up to me and asked if I was interested and I told him I already own a pair. He then asked what I use to amp them and I told him the V200 and Auditor. He was quite surprised I had those and then he asked if I had a DAC and I told him about my V800. He was clearly shocked but said he knew my gear and it was good stuff. He also went on to say it's a pity most people have crappy headphones. True that, true that.

Oh and I got a chance to listen to some Martin Logan Electrostatic speakers, not sure what model though. They sound excellent!

Powered speakers martin logans aswell which is a bonus the clx art are the best ones they do but they are all good  http://www.martinlogan.com/ You can get some with dacs built in to the speakers themselves which is handy, you could just plug a tv straight into them and you are ready to go, perfect for ultra slim led tvs that need a sound boost!

May 13, 2012 at 11:13 AM Post #2,467 of 10,994
Quote:
To each their own I suppose, but IMO there are much better choices for 'stat speakers. MLs are just a pretty face.

I have only heard the clx art martin logans but they were very good with a krell 402e and naim ndx..P.s Have you ever heard martin logan because you don't just pay for the name with them they are good speakers for a bedroom cinema and sound good with krell..

May 13, 2012 at 11:22 AM Post #2,468 of 10,994
Yes I have. I've also heard Quads and Acoustats...I'd take either one over a set of MLs. 

I'd read this thread just to start. Some really good stuff in the few pages it has. 
http://www.head-fi.org/t/605704/electrostat-speakers

Take it to PM if you'd like to discuss further as this is a T1 thread after all. :wink:

Quote:
I have only heard the clx art martin logans but they were very good with a krell 402e and naim ndx..P.s Have you ever heard martin logan because you don't just pay for the name with them they are good speakers for a bedroom cinema and sound good with krell..

May 13, 2012 at 11:51 AM Post #2,469 of 10,994
Quote:
Yes I have. I've also heard Quads and Acoustats...I'd take either one over a set of MLs. 

I'd read this thread just to start. Some really good stuff in the few pages it has. 
http://www.head-fi.org/t/605704/electrostat-speakers

Take it to PM if you'd like to discuss further as this is a T1 thread after all. :wink:

Thanks for the info i will have to have a listen to the montis myself before i rush out and buy them after reading that,I did listen to the clx art with pink floyd playing but that was acoustic with no bass so haven't really listend fully but what i heard acousticaly was very good and sounded like they were right in front of you!

May 13, 2012 at 12:28 PM Post #2,470 of 10,994
I think it's an excellent combo to be honest. The Auditor is very powerful and has complete control over the T1's driver. Dynamics are fast, extension is great, and detail is awesome. Plus the amp does not change the T1's tone at all.

Quote:

How do T1s pair with Auditor?

May 13, 2012 at 12:45 PM Post #2,471 of 10,994
Have you gotten to try it with the Phonitor?

If anyone has how well does it respond to the features? 

Quote:
I think it's an excellent combo to be honest. The Auditor is very powerful and has complete control over the T1's driver. Dynamics are fast, extension is great, and detail is awesome. Plus the amp does not change the T1's tone at all.

May 13, 2012 at 12:57 PM Post #2,472 of 10,994
I have tried it on the Phonitor. In my experience with it ,the Phonitor seemed to make the soundstage more narrow with the T1, but the imaging did improve. It's up to you is that's a good trade off. The Auditor and Phonitor both sound the same so if you don't need the crossfeed, then the Auditor is the way to go.

Quote:
Have you gotten to try it with the Phonitor?

If anyone has how well does it respond to the features? 

May 13, 2012 at 2:14 PM Post #2,473 of 10,994
Hey fellow T1 owners and appreciators,

I'm needing a spare set of cans for my bedroom setup and have sold my DT990's a few months back. I'm considering getting a set of Sennheisers but I really can't justify the price of the HD800's when I'd prefer to just invest that much money into a loudspeaker setup instead. However, the HD650's are within price range... How does it compare to the T1? I don't expect it to compete on any real level, but will it even be listenable after owning the T1 for several months now? If not, what headphones would you recommend as a side set? (I'm looking for something with excellent soundstage and imaging primarily but PRaT secondarily.)

EDIT: One rule: It must be able to be powered sufficiently from an OTL Tube Amplifier. I may be buying the Decware Taboo in the future which will easily put 6W into any headphones I may grab, I'd prefer to run this set off of my Valhalla-Bifrost chain.

May 13, 2012 at 3:09 PM Post #2,474 of 10,994
Quote:

I'm needing a spare set of cans for my bedroom setup and have sold my DT990's a few months back. I'm considering getting a set of Sennheisers but I really can't justify the price of the HD800's when I'd prefer to just invest that much money into a loudspeaker setup instead. However, the HD650's are within price range... How does it compare to the T1? I don't expect it to compete on any real level, but will it even be listenable after owning the T1 for several months now? If not, what headphones would you recommend as a side set? (I'm looking for something with excellent soundstage and imaging primarily but PRaT secondarily.)

EDIT: One rule: It must be able to be powered sufficiently from an OTL Tube Amplifier. I may be buying the Decware Taboo in the future which will easily put 6W into any headphones I may grab, I'd prefer to run this set off of my Valhalla-Bifrost chain.

Go for grado 325i instead!

May 13, 2012 at 3:52 PM Post #2,475 of 10,994
I find the HD600 to sound more like the T1 then the HD650 does. The HD650 has too much bass and not enough treble to be similar. The HD600 has many similar qualities to the T1 (smoother, full, and detailed). The HD600 would actually be warmer than the T1 but still it's a much better choice than the HD650. The HD600 is not that power hungry and an OTL amp could power it perfectly.

The Taboo is a nice option but I would only recommend it if you were interested in cans like the HE-500 or HE-6. The T1 and HD600 can get by with out 100mW-200mW, so having 6W on tap is a bit much for them.

Quote:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back