The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
May 19, 2024 at 5:36 PM Post #23,611 of 23,720
Could someone help me out with a curious question.?

I read so many mixed comments about the u12t, so get confused what to believe?

Is the u12t really that good or really that bad? I read about too much treble, recessed voice.

I have some interest in them, listen mainly jazz, blues and just a little pop.

do they work with that kind of music?
It’s a work tool that was designed to deliver a “flat” mix. IMHO, 64 audio wouldn’t be 64 audio and the U12t wouldn’t remain in conversation nowadays despite being released 7 years ago if 64 audio didn’t managed to nail that “flat” mix.

How you wear U12t would impact its sound signature, especially the upper treble. Wearing deeper and problems are gone.

I use U12t for everything. It works especially well with classical and large live recordings.

May 19, 2024 at 10:30 PM Post #23,613 of 23,720

Is the u12t really that good or really that bad? I read about too much treble, recessed voice.

I listened to the U12t exclusively for the first couple of months of this year until recently. I also listen to a bit of jazz & like them a lot for that genre. Dunno about too much treble or recessed vocals, I've never had a problem with those. I suspect people who are sensitive to treble might be the source of that one. As with all IEMs, if you find something about the sound sig that needs a little tweak, tip rolling should be able to get you the sound you want for minimal extra dollars spent (as opposed to, say, cable rolling).

I love the mids on these, being all BA they do mids exceptionally well. But yeah as others have said, they're nice & neutral which means you can leave them as is or colour the sound a bit with tips/cables as you please.

I've had mine for 2.5 yrs & won't part with them, for the price they're great bang for buck.

May 20, 2024 at 1:54 AM Post #23,614 of 23,720
I listened to the U12t exclusively for the first couple of months of this year until recently. I also listen to a bit of jazz & like them a lot for that genre. Dunno about too much treble or recessed vocals, I've never had a problem with those. I suspect people who are sensitive to treble might be the source of that one. As with all IEMs, if you find something about the sound sig that needs a little tweak, tip rolling should be able to get you the sound you want for minimal extra dollars spent (as opposed to, say, cable rolling).

I love the mids on these, being all BA they do mids exceptionally well. But yeah as others have said, they're nice & neutral which means you can leave them as is or colour the sound a bit with tips/cables as you please.

I've had mine for 2.5 yrs & won't part with them, for the price they're great bang for buck.
Thanks for the info👍🏼

I was starting to get get interested, because I read somewhere they are the better alternative for the shure se846, owning those, made me curious about them now.

Although the se846 sounds good, you miss a lot of detail and stage. I use them one’s in a while, because the fir audio m4 also own can be sometimes a little treble hot or too base hot.

I am a real of neutral smooth sounding gear. The u12t seems from what I read now a little between se846 and the fir audio m4.

May 20, 2024 at 2:32 AM Post #23,615 of 23,720
Thanks for the info👍🏼

I was starting to get get interested, because I read somewhere they are the better alternative for the shure se846, owning those, made me curious about them now.

Although the se846 sounds good, you miss a lot of detail and stage. I use them one’s in a while, because the fir audio m4 also own can be sometimes a little treble hot or too base hot.

I am a real of neutral smooth sounding gear. The u12t seems from what I read now a little between se846 and the fir audio m4.
No worries. Hope you love whatever you end up getting.

May 20, 2024 at 6:06 AM Post #23,616 of 23,720

Guess it is about personal preferences but the fact that is it an IEM aimed to (and used by) professional music/studio users should give an idea about what to expect quality wise (e.g. detail, layering, etc.. etc.. ).
Personally I am finding it a great all rounder that is not just incredibly proficient but also highly versatile.
u12t is so good at getting out all the details and nuances of any any jazz song I may want to listen to.

From my perspective U12t is a really good IEM, so good that I will keep using it for years to come and it is one of those at very top end game list.
The answer to your question is: really really really good!

Last edited:
May 21, 2024 at 8:24 PM Post #23,617 of 23,720
I was just able to purchase a U12t second hand! I've noticed that the 64 Audio IEMs look to have rather unique nozzles. What eartips are you all using with the U12t or other 64 Audio IEMs? I use the Tangzu Tang Sancai tips with almost all my IEMs, but I'm not sure they'll work out well for the U12t.

May 21, 2024 at 8:42 PM Post #23,618 of 23,720
I was just able to purchase a U12t second hand! I've noticed that the 64 Audio IEMs look to have rather unique nozzles. What eartips are you all using with the U12t or other 64 Audio IEMs? I use the Tangzu Tang Sancai tips with almost all my IEMs, but I'm not sure they'll work out well for the U12t.
Either Sancai wide bore or Tri Clarion works for me. With these IEM, you would want to wear them deeper which usually means smaller tips

May 21, 2024 at 8:42 PM Post #23,619 of 23,720
Spinfit CP145 or Final Audio Type E.

May 21, 2024 at 8:52 PM Post #23,620 of 23,720
Either Sancai wide bore or Tri Clarion works for me. With these IEM, you would want to wear them deeper which usually means smaller tips
I usually use the Medium size, but I do have some size small tips I could try out. I only have the balanced version though, so have you tested those out before?

May 21, 2024 at 8:54 PM Post #23,621 of 23,720
Spinfit CP145 or Final Audio Type E.
Thanks, I'll check these out! I see the Final Audio ones recommended often, so I should probably give them a shot.

May 21, 2024 at 8:56 PM Post #23,622 of 23,720
I usually use the Medium size, but I do have some size small tips I could try out. I only have the balanced version though, so have you tested those out before?
I haven’t, unfortunately. Highly recommend that you experiment with tips to see what works for your ears. These IEMs are quite sensitive to how you fit them in the ear canal.

May 21, 2024 at 9:00 PM Post #23,623 of 23,720
I haven’t, unfortunately. Highly recommend that you experiment with tips to see what works for your ears. These IEMs are quite sensitive to how you fit them in the ear canal.
Got it, thanks for the help!

May 21, 2024 at 9:08 PM Post #23,625 of 23,720
SpinFit double flange seal the best for me so I can eat and they stay sealed. You will have to experiment to find the ones for you. The U12ts is way better than SE846. To me night and day difference as I also own SE846s which I use when I work out.
I’ve tried out double flange and wasn’t a fan. But that was with a Truthear Nova, so I could probably try them out against with a new IEM.

I mostly own Chi-Fi stuff so I’ve never tried out anything from Shure before unfortunately

Users who are viewing this thread

Back