The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Oct 4, 2023 at 11:14 PM Post #22,711 of 23,556
Anybody have experience with 64 Audio iems on tube amps? I’m curious how much a tube is able to color the sound with the LID tech in 64’s iems.
I do have the Liquid Platinum with some really nice tubes in there, it's a hybrid. I'd have to have the volume dial pretty damn low with the Volur on them :)

Oct 5, 2023 at 6:06 AM Post #22,712 of 23,556
"The tia waveguide plays the biggest role in improving HF response since our invention of the direct-radiating driver. The clarity presented by the HF band, and Volür’s unbelievably wide sound-stage, puts it in the same sonic resolution category as our flagship Fourté. This is a rare high-end audio product that bridges the gap between indulgent bass-loving and technical detail-oriented audiophiles."

Also enjoyed the write-up. Incidentally the same sentence stood out but for a different reason, as above. Interesting to see it bucketed in the same tier as the Fourté, albeit at a significantly lower price.

Oct 5, 2023 at 11:28 AM Post #22,713 of 23,556
Also enjoyed the write-up. Incidentally the same sentence stood out but for a different reason, as above. Interesting to see it bucketed in the same tier as the Fourté, albeit at a significantly lower price.

So we need a few people with some flagships, including the Fourte, to do comparisons :)

Oct 5, 2023 at 2:22 PM Post #22,716 of 23,556
Anybody have experience with 64 Audio iems on tube amps? I’m curious how much a tube is able to color the sound with the LID tech in 64’s iems.
We have an ALO Continental in the building and I've liked the way it paired with Fourté personally

64 Audio Stay updated on 64 Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/64audio https://twitter.com/64audio https://instagram.com/64audio https://www.64audio.com/ info@64audio.com
Oct 5, 2023 at 3:49 PM Post #22,717 of 23,556
I've used various 64 Audio IEMs with the Nutube module on the DX320 when I had it and also on my Cayin HA-3A out of the 4.4mm output. The only one I didn't like on either tube setup was the Nio. The U12t was nice on both. I haven't tried Volur on the HA-3A yet, but I'm worried it might lessen some of the things I like about the IEM. I no longer run stock tubes in the HA-3A though, so maybe it'll be fine with current ones. I'll try to set aside time this weekend to listen with Volur.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2023 at 7:06 PM Post #22,718 of 23,556
We have an ALO Continental in the building and I've liked the way it paired with Fourté personally
Does the Fourte have LID?

Oct 5, 2023 at 7:20 PM Post #22,719 of 23,556
Does the Fourte have LID?
Fourte does not have LID. However, as it relates to @Chorak290's question about tube amps, LID should not prevent a tube amp from coloring the sound of any of our IEM's. LID just evens out the impedance of the IEM's across the frequency range so that the way that the source output impedance interacts with the IEM is more or less the same over the whole frequency range which serves to preserve the intended tuning regardless of the output impedance of your source.

64 Audio Stay updated on 64 Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/64audio https://twitter.com/64audio https://instagram.com/64audio https://www.64audio.com/ info@64audio.com
Oct 5, 2023 at 8:22 PM Post #22,720 of 23,556
Fourte does not have LID. However, as it relates to @Chorak290's question about tube amps, LID should not prevent a tube amp from coloring the sound of any of our IEM's. LID just evens out the impedance of the IEM's across the frequency range so that the way that the source output impedance interacts with the IEM is more or less the same over the whole frequency range which serves to preserve the intended tuning regardless of the output impedance of your source.
Thank you for the explanation!

Oct 5, 2023 at 10:37 PM Post #22,721 of 23,556
Thank you for the explanation. Fourte and Blanc are my goto when I need to be immersed in the music and not the iem. Prog on!

Oct 6, 2023 at 5:11 AM Post #22,722 of 23,556
Hi all, newbie here on this thread. Coming from a custom VE6x1, which I’ve had a bitter sweet relationship with due to its muddled mids and coherency issues, I’m now looking forward to a UIEM to open up the soundstage extensively with solid technicalities and clarity. I’m all up for DD bass. But, I’m not a head-banging basshead. I’m literally torn between the Trio, U4s and Volur. My current source is the FiiO M17. I only managed to audition the U4s and did an A/B comparison with the Nio. I most definitely preferred the U4s’s mids and treble over the Nio. However, with the new Volur, it changes everything once again and with volumes of recommendation on the Trio I’m back to where I started!! Help!!

Oct 6, 2023 at 5:32 AM Post #22,723 of 23,556
Hi all, newbie here on this thread. Coming from a custom VE6x1, which I’ve had a bitter sweet relationship with due to its muddled mids and coherency issues, I’m now looking forward to a UIEM to open up the soundstage extensively with solid technicalities and clarity. I’m all up for DD bass. But, I’m not a head-banging basshead. I’m literally torn between the Trio, U4s and Volur. My current source is the FiiO M17. I only managed to audition the U4s and did an A/B comparison with the Nio. I most definitely preferred the U4s’s mids and treble over the Nio. However, with the new Volur, it changes everything once again and with volumes of recommendation on the Trio I’m back to where I started!! Help!!
I just auditioned the Volur at my local dealer, and it sounds like it could be the one you're after. It's got a similar tonality and timbre in the mids and highs to the U4s, but it's got more definition (or 3D-ness) to its notes, a more vibrant center-image (or lead instrument). and it's got a more linear, rounded top-end as well. Its imaging wasn't far out-of-head when I tried it with my Lotoo PAW Gold Touch, but it's nice if you prefer the more even-handed, studio-monitor sorta presentation. It may scale further with your M17, as the LPGT is known for having that kind of stage too. The one thing I'd pick the Trio over the Volur for would be treble quantity. The Trio is known for emphasizing crispness and air, sometimes to the point of sizzle. But, if your goal is max clarity and max air, and you have a high tolerance towards treble tizz, then the Trio would be a great pick. The Volur is the stronger all-rounder IMO, and you can tailor the bass to your tastes with the apex modules too. I found it slightly-above neutral on the M15. I imagine you could get it to near-flat with the M12, and even more bass-y with the M20.

Oct 6, 2023 at 5:37 AM Post #22,724 of 23,556
If you can, go for the Volur: I've tried the Trio, but they missed something that Fourté had. So, if Volur is just like you can read here and everywhere, it's a no-brainer buy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back