The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Oct 6, 2023 at 1:05 PM Post #22,726 of 23,600
I just auditioned the Volur at my local dealer, and it sounds like it could be the one you're after. It's got a similar tonality and timbre in the mids and highs to the U4s, but it's got more definition (or 3D-ness) to its notes, a more vibrant center-image (or lead instrument). and it's got a more linear, rounded top-end as well. Its imaging wasn't far out-of-head when I tried it with my Lotoo PAW Gold Touch, but it's nice if you prefer the more even-handed, studio-monitor sorta presentation. It may scale further with your M17, as the LPGT is known for having that kind of stage too. The one thing I'd pick the Trio over the Volur for would be treble quantity. The Trio is known for emphasizing crispness and air, sometimes to the point of sizzle. But, if your goal is max clarity and max air, and you have a high tolerance towards treble tizz, then the Trio would be a great pick. The Volur is the stronger all-rounder IMO, and you can tailor the bass to your tastes with the apex modules too. I found it slightly-above neutral on the M15. I imagine you could get it to near-flat with the M12, and even more bass-y with the M20.
That was an amazing read Deezel! I’m glad to get an honest opinion on this. I agree that I would very much prefer more air in the treble. I did feel that the U4s had a slightly smoothed out treble, according to my ears, though I was using the m15 mod. I’m not a fan of too bright treble and based on your advice, it does seem like the Volur will make the cut. I did find the m20 mod a little too bassy. Now I’m looking forward to pair the Volur with my M17 soon and drown myself in musical bliss! Thank you once again Deezel!

Oct 6, 2023 at 1:08 PM Post #22,727 of 23,600
Could someone compare the Volur to the u18s? Particularly the treble (smoothness/sharpness), detail retrieval and layering. Obviously bass will be superior on Volur.
I have the A18s, and the Volur has a crisper low-treble (where the A18s is a bit feathered or diffuse), and it has better (or easier, rather) detail retrieval because of that. I’d say they’re somewhat on par in layering, though the Volur’s sharper lines will make its layers more obvious.

That was an amazing read Deezel! I’m glad to get an honest opinion on this. I agree that I would very much prefer more air in the treble. I did feel that the U4s had a slightly smoothed out treble, according to my ears, though I was using the m15 mod. I’m not a fan of too bright treble and based on your advice, it does seem like the Volur will make the cut. I did find the m20 mod a little too bassy. Now I’m looking forward to pair the Volur with my M17 soon and drown myself in musical bliss! Thank you once again Deezel!
‘Happy to help! Based on this, I think the Volur will fit you really well.

Oct 6, 2023 at 1:31 PM Post #22,728 of 23,600
If you can, go for the Volur: I've tried the Trio, but they missed something that Fourté had. So, if Volur is just like you can read here and everywhere, it's a no-brainer buy :)
Hahaha! True that! I’ve not had the opportunity to demo the Trio. But it seems like Volur is getting much praise since its launch. Time to dig deep into my pockets 💵

Oct 6, 2023 at 1:33 PM Post #22,729 of 23,600
I have the A18s, and the Volur has a crisper low-treble (where the A18s is a bit feathered or diffuse), and it has better (or easier, rather) detail retrieval because of that. I’d say they’re somewhat on par in layering, though the Volur’s sharper lines will make its layers more obvious.

‘Happy to help! Based on this, I think the Volur will fit you really well.
May your words come true!!! Though I did have to fiddle with the tips a little to get a better seal with the U4s. I believe it would be the same for the Volur?

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2023 at 1:43 PM Post #22,730 of 23,600
May your words come true!!! Though I did have to fiddle with the tips a little to get a better seal with the U4s. I believe it would be the same for the Volur?
Considering 64 keeps their UIEM shape very, very similar across models, yes, I’d assume so. I always go the smallest size possible and sit the IEM deep. It tends to give me the smoothest treble and the deepest bass. A hint if your ears are asymmetrical is to try different sizes for the left and right IEM. I’ve found that necessary for some universals I’ve tried.

Oct 6, 2023 at 1:56 PM Post #22,731 of 23,600
Considering 64 keeps their UIEM shape very, very similar across models, yes, I’d assume so. I always go the smallest size possible and sit the IEM deep. It tends to give me the smoothest treble and the deepest bass. A hint if your ears are asymmetrical is to try different sizes for the left and right IEM. I’ve found that necessary for some universals I’ve tried.
Agreed! 64 Audio maintains their shell & bore design across their models and as far as I know, my ears don’t have that issue. I did get some good seal with the M sized tips. Taking your advice, I’ll try the smaller tips the next time I get an opportunity to audition the Volur. A part of me though always wonders if 64 Audio will improvise on the fit design, similar to how Thieaudio/VE do their universals. I’ve found those to be the best universal fits by far…🤷‍♂️

Oct 6, 2023 at 3:12 PM Post #22,733 of 23,600
Has anyone used the m26 solid plug module with any of the universals? I think it’s not recommended. Does that mean you could do damage?
Haven't used the M26 module, but you should be able to use it without any damage, otherwise 64 Audio wouldn't sell it; it's just that 64 Audio IEMs are meant to be used with the 'open' APEX modules for optimal sound quality.

Oct 6, 2023 at 3:52 PM Post #22,734 of 23,600
Has anyone used the m26 solid plug module with any of the universals? I think it’s not recommended. Does that mean you could do damage?
It won’t do any damage. It’ll just turn off apex and turn it into a “normal” IEM. I personally know people who like the extra bass and isolation it provides, but it’s at the cost of cancelling out one of the IEM’s key features. The great thing is you can always just give it a try for fun, and change it back whenever you want.

Oct 6, 2023 at 4:42 PM Post #22,735 of 23,600
Using the Azla standard tips, better than the crystal for comfort. Just a slight bass tuner boost in wavelet on 110hz and below. M15 module on the Volür.

Listening to the remastered postal service and it's sublime.

Oct 7, 2023 at 5:37 AM Post #22,736 of 23,600
Hi Folks, our review of the 64 Audio Volür is published with comparisons to the Nio, Trio, and the U18s. I hope you find it useful :)

https://headfonics.com/64-audio-volur-review/

1696671423921.png

Oct 7, 2023 at 11:10 AM Post #22,737 of 23,600
Hi Folks, our review of the 64 Audio Volür is published with comparisons to the Nio, Trio, and the U18s. I hope you find it useful :)

https://headfonics.com/64-audio-volur-review/

1696671423921.png

Thanks for this great write-up! The Trio has always been my absolute favorite IEM. I never noticed bothersome high-end sizzle with my tips and sound chain. Just pure fun and excitement. Trio was my first 64Audio experience. Since then I've acquired the Nio, U12t, Fourte, and U4s and enjoy them all but none can touch my Trio.

I was pleased to read your comparison of Volur to Trio. Though I would love to try it, I expect given my collection, there is no need for me to run out and get it.

When the excitement dies down and a new shiny toy comes out, I suspect I'll probably pick one up on the used market though.

Oct 7, 2023 at 11:46 AM Post #22,738 of 23,600
Thanks for this great write-up! The Trio has always been my absolute favorite IEM. I never noticed bothersome high-end sizzle with my tips and sound chain. Just pure fun and excitement. Trio was my first 64Audio experience. Since then I've acquired the Nio, U12t, Fourte, and U4s and enjoy them all but none can touch my Trio.

I was pleased to read your comparison of Volur to Trio. Though I would love to try it, I expect given my collection, there is no need for me to run out and get it.

When the excitement dies down and a new shiny toy comes out, I suspect I'll probably pick one up on the used market though.
It is probably because I have used the Trio with foam tips for the last couple of years, so the switch to silicone takes some adjusting.

Oct 9, 2023 at 3:46 AM Post #22,739 of 23,600
IMG_6953.jpeg

at last i tried volur in local dealer store, boy they are gorgeous.. looks almost ethereal

i just love how amazing the bass is, simply the best bass from 64, reach deep low rumbly but incredibly clean

the treble is so airy, can be a bit artificial sounding on some tracks due to a lot of pushed air but personally i love it

coming from u4s, the volur is just way cleaner in bass with better bass detail, lusher but more detailed vocal and airier treble

but… i can’t help but feels something is lacking for my playlist.. for some of my japanese musics somehow i miss some of the upper vocal fierceness that i still get in u4s, volur feels a bit too smooth

i didn’t bring my measurement rig so i tried super*review’s measurement and it confirms what i hear regarding this
IMG_6990.jpeg

looks like u4s indeed has more forward low treble to mid treble area

so yes volur is definitely better overall but i just prefer u4s tonal

maybe if volur keeps the same low to mid treble area as u4s i’ll surely save money for it haha

Attachments

• IMG_6954.jpeg
    IMG_6954.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Oct 9, 2023 at 6:22 AM Post #22,740 of 23,600
IMG_6953.jpeg
at last i tried volur in local dealer store, boy they are gorgeous.. looks almost ethereal

i just love how amazing the bass is, simply the best bass from 64, reach deep low rumbly but incredibly clean

the treble is so airy, can be a bit artificial sounding on some tracks due to a lot of pushed air but personally i love it

coming from u4s, the volur is just way cleaner in bass with better bass detail, lusher but more detailed vocal and airier treble

but… i can’t help but feels something is lacking for my playlist.. for some of my japanese musics somehow i miss some of the upper vocal fierceness that i still get in u4s, volur feels a bit too smooth

i didn’t bring my measurement rig so i tried super*review’s measurement and it confirms what i hear regarding this
IMG_6990.jpeg

looks like u4s indeed has more forward low treble to mid treble area

so yes volur is definitely better overall but i just prefer u4s tonal

maybe if volur keeps the same low to mid treble area as u4s i’ll surely save money for it haha
I have the option of getting the Volur but I’m primarily concerned about the air in the treble in genres such as house, edm and drum and bass where snares and hi hats already sound fairly prominent. I’m wondering if it’s tolerable or if I’ll struggle. The other option is u18s where I think treble is smoother but bass might be inadequate for those genres of music. It’s a hard decision and a lot of money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back