The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
May 1, 2021 at 12:02 PM Post #17,131 of 23,600
I'd love to be able to get hold of a fir O module here in the UK
Turns out my browser was hobbling the firaudio website on shipping...

Just ordered a fir 0 for $9 less than the shipping cost ....

For me, now that I have a nice headphone/amp combo which is retraining my ears I appreciate the Z1R more and understand the Nio criticism (bloat) better ...

But I still reach for the Nio - not the Z1R.

MX module is too thin for me; M15 is about right (turns out I can live with a bit of bloat).

But I feel the Nio's going to be awesomer with the Fir 0... 🤞

Last edited:
May 1, 2021 at 1:27 PM Post #17,132 of 23,600

For me, now that I have a nice headphone/amp combo which is retraining my ears I appreciate the Z1R more and understand the Nio criticism (bloat) better ...

MX module is too thin for me; M15 is about right (turns out I can live with a bit of bloat).

Glad you were able to get it ordered.

The mx does seem to improve technicalities, but I agree with you, it made everything too thin sounding and the subbass rolloff really wasn't to my liking. The fir 0 though I think is a good balance. It tones back some of the bloat but does it without killing the subbass.

Again not that I think the nio is bloated to begin with, but going back to the m15 after being on the fir 0 for a while, I can definitely see how it feels a bit like it's leaning towards being bloated.

May 1, 2021 at 3:23 PM Post #17,133 of 23,600

Good choice, the Fir 0 is easily my favorite. Still plenty of bass but cleans it up imo

May 2, 2021 at 8:52 AM Post #17,135 of 23,600
Trio is not perfect
You're banished...
:)

Why is that ? EQ is a solution that would save most of the guys here so much money... Instead of searching for an hypothetical endgame.
I haven't been happy with EQ. But then I use my IEMs for mobile/ traveling only and, like a later poster in this discussion, have an A&K DAP and the EQ isn't that great.
Perhaps that's something with A&K (my DAP is the AK70 Mk II).

They were also extremely short for some reason.
Custom Arts have offered to try again with no additional cost, and the second pair is better, but still not perfect, and in the end i'm not using them at all, and decided to go with real customs.

I also have two pair from Custom Art. They provided excellent service, and also generously offered a second pair of tips to me as well. The first pair I received were also shorter than I expected. They didn't support my Trio well enough. When I inquired about the length of the tips I was told my ear canal is very narrow and they were concerned a more normal "second bend" length would be problematic. They sent me a pair anyway and dammit, they were right. I can't get the longer pair inserted at all. Money well spent to me, though: I know I need to be careful before wading into the CIEM waters.

Same here. My 2-channel became mainly for TV and movies and my IEMs became my personal “world”. I’m starting to miss my full size headphones again. So I will mix the IEMs with a couple full sizes and rest the wallet for a bit.
This is me. Like a couple of others, my living room gear is mostly used for TV and movies because that's the only time I get to use it (except this weekend :) yay!). I got into IEMs and DAPs because of their portability: I can (and do) use them at work, while traveling, at home while doing chores... However, since my missus rearranged the furniture I now have a corner suitable for head phones and have taken advantage of it. I like being able to listen without having something in my ear.

May 2, 2021 at 1:34 PM Post #17,136 of 23,600
Just finished the review of the U18s. My last version of the 18 line was the A18t back when it launched end of 2016 and they sound quite different from each other to be fair.

https://headfonics.com/64-audio-u18s-review/

1619976872370.png

May 3, 2021 at 1:04 PM Post #17,137 of 23,600
You're banished...
:)

I haven't been happy with EQ. But then I use my IEMs for mobile/ traveling only and, like a later poster in this discussion, have an A&K DAP and the EQ isn't that great.
Perhaps that's something with A&K (my DAP is the AK70 Mk II).

I also have two pair from Custom Art. They provided excellent service, and also generously offered a second pair of tips to me as well. The first pair I received were also shorter than I expected. They didn't support my Trio well enough. When I inquired about the length of the tips I was told my ear canal is very narrow and they were concerned a more normal "second bend" length would be problematic. They sent me a pair anyway and dammit, they were right. I can't get the longer pair inserted at all. Money well spent to me, though: I know I need to be careful before wading into the CIEM waters.

This is me. Like a couple of others, my living room gear is mostly used for TV and movies because that's the only time I get to use it (except this weekend :) yay!). I got into IEMs and DAPs because of their portability: I can (and do) use them at work, while traveling, at home while doing chores... However, since my missus rearranged the furniture I now have a corner suitable for head phones and have taken advantage of it. I like being able to listen without having something in my ear.
Haha, the Trio may not be perfect but i don’t really have major complaints about it. No iem is perfect, the Fourte as well :sweat_smile:. If I don’t have the Fourte I would be quite happy with the Trio... If i can only stop at this never ending game/hobby :rolling_eyes:.

May 3, 2021 at 1:37 PM Post #17,138 of 23,600
Haha, the Trio may not be perfect but i don’t really have major complaints about it. No iem is perfect, the Fourte as well :sweat_smile:. If I don’t have the Fourte I would be quite happy with the Trio... If i can only stop at this never ending game/hobby :rolling_eyes:.

It will only end when 64a will stop releasing new iems lol, which will never happen!
Or maybe when the pigs will start flying? 🤔🤨

May 3, 2021 at 9:00 PM Post #17,140 of 23,600
I’m wondering what 64 Audio is cooking with the new IEM and when it will be ready. Been some time now since the first teaser and no more news/updates on it.

Which one? :ksc75smile:

May 3, 2021 at 9:09 PM Post #17,142 of 23,600
So it’s gonna be 2 IEMs left.

The Planar one and what I think would be a custom shell option for the Fourte and Trio? Lol

May 3, 2021 at 9:11 PM Post #17,143 of 23,600
So it’s gonna be 2 IEMs left.

The Planar one and what I think would be a custom shell option for the Fourte and Trio? Lol
I guess they are new ones. But seems like a Custom Fourte would have a good appeal around here.

May 3, 2021 at 9:14 PM Post #17,144 of 23,600
I guess they are new ones. But seems like a Custom Fourte would have a good appeal around here.
It definitely would.

I’m excited for both lol

hopefully they’d say something soon haha

May 3, 2021 at 9:23 PM Post #17,145 of 23,600
My wallet is ready, lets blow the bank up! 🙃🤩🤩🤩😁😎

Buying all of them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back