The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
May 6, 2021 at 2:42 AM Post #17,161 of 23,688
That’s unfortunate, can’t justify buying 3000 eur of iems just for the tips ahah Anyway that’s a weird decision to not sell them, what about if u18s owners lose the tips? Btw the spinfits included with u18s look like can be good for all the other 64 audio iems and I’m sure there are other people that find the normal spinfit have pretty ridiculous colours that resemble children toys :) Not a dealbreaker for enjoying the sound of course but it’s always good to have choices
I just bought a bunch of Acoustune 07 and 08 tips to try out with Fourte. Talk about whacky colours! One of the reasons I keep going back to Spiral Dots, aside from comfort and sound obviously, is their all-black colourway. Just go so well with my IEMs and don't look like tacky add-ons.

May 6, 2021 at 2:48 AM Post #17,162 of 23,688
I just bought a bunch of Acoustune 07 and 08 tips to try out with Fourte. Talk about whacky colours! One of the reasons I keep going back to Spiral Dots, aside from comfort and sound obviously, is their all-black colourway. Just go so well with my IEMs and don't look like tacky add-ons.

I agree. Even thought it’s just about look, everytime I see the cp145 on my u12t I ask myself what the guys from spinfits were thinking when they decided the colours. They were probably watching TeleTubbies on tv :)

May 6, 2021 at 3:58 AM Post #17,163 of 23,688
Just im case if some folks missed this video 🙂

May 6, 2021 at 8:14 AM Post #17,164 of 23,688
Are the spinfits included with the u18s on sale anywhere? I couldn’t find them on 64 audio website. I know they are basically cp145 but I would like them in black :)

Can't speak for 64 Audio, but often when manufacturer includes a customized set of accessories, like here since you can't buy CP145 in black, they are not authorized to sell them individually. They won't even have a packaging to sell it separately, but I'm sure they will have spares to provide replacement under warranty.

Maybe wait until we start having CanJams again and 64 Audio has a bucket of these eartips at the table for people demoing their IEMs :D

May 6, 2021 at 8:18 AM Post #17,165 of 23,688
Can't speak for 64 Audio, but often when manufacturer includes a customized set of accessories, like here since you can't buy CP145 in black, they are not authorized to sell them individually. They won't even have a packaging to sell it separately, but I'm sure they will have spares to provide replacement under warranty.

Maybe wait until we start having CanJams again and 64 Audio has a bucket of these eartips at the table for people demoing their IEMs :D
I only managed to go to one Canjam before COVID struck but man did I come home with a lot of tips lol...

May 6, 2021 at 8:37 AM Post #17,166 of 23,688

That would make sense :) Maybe, who knows, Spinfits themselves will decide to put them on sale. Dreams haah

May 6, 2021 at 9:24 AM Post #17,167 of 23,688
The Firaudio atom-xl 0 module arrived!

More bling.... does it clash?

It certainly seems to be doing what peeps have already observed...

Like an audio64 m12.5/13 if such a thing existed...

IMG_20210506_141420.jpg

Last edited:
May 6, 2021 at 9:26 AM Post #17,168 of 23,688

It certainly seems do be doing what peeps have already observed...

Like an audio m12.5/13 if such a thing existed...

Glad you like them! Crazy that they are red. Mine are gray.

Do yours feel like the diameter is just a hair narrower than the 64 modules? Mine slide in and out just a bit easier. Not so easy that I'm concerned about them ever falling out, but it's noticeably easier to take them out.

Edit: just realize I have the - module, lol!

Second edit: now I want the 0 module...damn this hobby!

Last edited:
May 6, 2021 at 9:32 AM Post #17,169 of 23,688
Glad you like them! Crazy that they are red. Mine are gray.

Do yours feel like the diameter is just a hair narrower than the 64 modules? Mine slide in and out just a bit easier. Not so easy that I'm concerned about them ever falling out, but it's noticeably easier to take them out.

Yes - just a touch easier to slide in and out ...
Edit: just realize I have the - module, lol!

Second edit: now I want the 0 module...damn this hobby!

oh man!!

May 6, 2021 at 9:38 AM Post #17,170 of 23,688

It certainly seems to be doing what peeps have already observed...

Like an audio64 m12.5/13 if such a thing existed...

IMG_20210506_141420.jpg
They must have changed the color to make it easier to distinguish from the - module. I bought the full kit of fir modules right when they first released the 0 module, and my 0 module is black/dark gray like the - module, with the only difference being the internal foam color.

May 6, 2021 at 9:40 AM Post #17,171 of 23,688
Yes - just a touch easier to slide in and out ...

oh man!!
Now I'm super confused. I bought the module second hand, but when I checked the screen shot of the original receipt, it says it's the 0 module... but it's a different color. Might have to check when I get home to see if there's indication of which module it is on the module itself. Or maybe reach out to FiR.

May 6, 2021 at 9:42 AM Post #17,172 of 23,688
They must have changed the color to make it easier to distinguish from the - module. I bought the full kit of fir modules right when they first released the 0 module, and my 0 module is black/dark gray like the - module, with the only difference being the internal foam color.
Ah, nice. Helpful. Thanks!

May 6, 2021 at 9:45 AM Post #17,173 of 23,688
Ah, nice. Helpful. Thanks!
If you browse the listing on fir's site for the modules the photos still shows the original colors, but the description very clearly says the 0 module is red. If you are confused about which one you have, look at the foam on the inside, the original 0 module was black/dark gray with orange foam on the inside.

May 6, 2021 at 11:49 AM Post #17,174 of 23,688
A bit of a bummer they changed the color of the FiR 0 module to red. I really like the look of the darker gray / black modules against the abalone faceplate and polished shell perimeter of the Nio. Oh well. It's not like we can see these things when they're in our ears, right?

My new-to-me Nio's should be delivering sometime next week. To say I'm excited is an understatement!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back