The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Dec 12, 2020 at 6:34 PM Post #14,986 of 23,667
Speaking of, I have a Fourte Noir on the way :D
Oho? I might be having a deathfight with Michael and Tiger Ears on top of a truck now

Dec 12, 2020 at 7:06 PM Post #14,987 of 23,667
Tiger you are really making me itch to get one elite 19:dizzy_face:

Ooooo you know what 😃
I was quiet all this time. Not hyping not going crazy lol

But the Symbiote elite 19 is nothing a like, like I thought it would sound. It brings a new sense of expansion in music, its like it plays the song the way it was recorded. A bit complicated to explain, the easiest way to see it is this way and its globally the same for all the frequencies range.

Less compressed, more natural, delusional vocals, silky buttery treble.
The carachter of symbiote is very special it has a timber of a copper cable but with the amazing strong technical ability of a silver cable and add a cherry on top it has a very organic/natural feel to the sound.

This cable has the most natural and timbral voices I could of hear ever before. They have weight and meat but not as overly done like copper do it. Just the perfect natural way.

I feel a lot of depth and mass in sound, I can feel and travel threw layers of the soundstage. Whats great with this cable is that it doesnt have a sharp brittle treble like others do in order to grab the soundstage expansiveness.

This cable is a reference carachter with a good musical touche, has ludacrisious bass and not shy. Bass is something so more, evolved into a new form of life. You can feel bass so deep, so detailed. Its just mad good.
You got crazy bass, naughty vocals and juicy treble. All this presented in a such organic and natural way that you can get lost in music for a lifetime.

Tia Noirs really deserves the best cables and source that can be found on market its ability to scale and be ultra sensitive to the gear used that it will completely affect the noirs sound carachter.

I am using hiby R8 + symbiote + noirs right now and for sound adjustments and various sound tests to feel my noirs supremacy I use Fir 5x5 wich has all the whistles and bells like all 64a iems but with a different flavor but very close I find.

🐯🐾🐅

Dec 13, 2020 at 1:54 AM Post #14,988 of 23,667
Ooooo you know what 😃
I was quiet all this time. Not hyping not going crazy lol

But the Symbiote elite 19 is nothing a like, like I thought it would sound. It brings a new sense of expansion in music, its like it plays the song the way it was recorded. A bit complicated to explain, the easiest way to see it is this way and its globally the same for all the frequencies range.

Less compressed, more natural, delusional vocals, silky buttery treble.
The carachter of symbiote is very special it has a timber of a copper cable but with the amazing strong technical ability of a silver cable and add a cherry on top it has a very organic/natural feel to the sound.

This cable has the most natural and timbral voices I could of hear ever before. They have weight and meat but not as overly done like copper do it. Just the perfect natural way.

I feel a lot of depth and mass in sound, I can feel and travel threw layers of the soundstage. Whats great with this cable is that it doesnt have a sharp brittle treble like others do in order to grab the soundstage expansiveness.

This cable is a reference carachter with a good musical touche, has ludacrisious bass and not shy. Bass is something so more, evolved into a new form of life. You can feel bass so deep, so detailed. Its just mad good.
You got crazy bass, naughty vocals and juicy treble. All this presented in a such organic and natural way that you can get lost in music for a lifetime.

Tia Noirs really deserves the best cables and source that can be found on market its ability to scale and be ultra sensitive to the gear used that it will completely affect the noirs sound carachter.

I am using hiby R8 + symbiote + noirs right now and for sound adjustments and various sound tests to feel my noirs supremacy I use Fir 5x5 wich has all the whistles and bells like all 64a iems but with a different flavor but very close I find.

🐯🐾🐅
They should pin a thread of your audio descriptions Tiger. Bravo!

Dec 13, 2020 at 1:57 AM Post #14,989 of 23,667
Thanks. I can accept that answer. It does make it less likely that I will purchase a high dollar value custom IEM though. That's because if I purchase a Universal, the cost of ownership is far lower since it will have a terminal value that offers the new buyer an original product that is just used. If I purchase a Custom and I need to get rid of it, I need to incur the cost of reshelling it to Universal and/or selling it at below market value so that the new buyer can get it redone with some other provider. They never get the originally designed product.

As much as I love the A18s, I am very unlikely to buy one under these circumstances. I will probably get a U12t even though I don't like it as much and if I love it after 3 months usage, I'll purchase some custom tips. The cost of ownership of the A18s given the reality of making it work for another owner makes it a bad financial decision. I guess it is okay if you want to keep your IEM forever or don't mind taking a big hit if you need to part ways for it. Divorce is expensive.
If you're someone who buys high-end IEMs and rotates them every 3-6 months I agree. That said, I'd like to think one eventually finds an almost perfect sound and sticks with it for years. That's my personal goal anyway. Of course this does not apply to @mvvRAZ and all the other aces we trust to keep reviewing the latest and greatest for us :)

Dec 13, 2020 at 12:34 PM Post #14,991 of 23,667
If you're someone who buys high-end IEMs and rotates them every 3-6 months I agree. That said, I'd like to think one eventually finds an almost perfect sound and sticks with it for years. That's my personal goal anyway. Of course this does not apply to @mvvRAZ and all the other aces we trust to keep reviewing the latest and greatest for us :)
@gLer, my typical goal, in all my hobbies, is to find gear I like and stick with it. To that end I think Trio and Rai Penta will be long-term references for me. The custom tips I bought for my Trio make them even more comfortable, and I have purchased another pair from Custom Arts hoping deeper insertion will be practical, even with my weird ear canal, and will restore the bass I enjoy with SpinFit tips.

That said, another reason for the custom tip experiment is to see if custom shells would be good for me. As others have said, it's a pretty big leap of faith to buy a top-tier IEM with a custom shell. If you don't like it, you're kind of stuck. A friend of mine got his first customs and really likes them, and others here do, too, so there is that.

Dec 13, 2020 at 3:49 PM Post #14,992 of 23,667
That said, another reason for the custom tip experiment is to see if custom shells would be good for me. As others have said, it's a pretty big leap of faith to buy a top-tier IEM with a custom shell. If you don't like it, you're kind of stuck. A friend of mine got his first customs and really likes them, and others here do, too, so there is that.
I was thinking about just that the other day. I also fear my ears are a weird shape and I have very small canal openings. Since I only use 64 Audio IEMs (for Apex, among other reasons), this is probably what I'll try if I ever choose to go the custom route:

https://www.64audio.com/collections/earplugs/products/high-fidelity-earplug

Not only will they actually be useful, but it's a relatively inexpensive way to get 64 Audio customs made, with the added benefit that if they work out, they then have my moulds for all future CIEM purchases. Also if they need to be tweaked, it's much less risky or expensive sending them across oceans than would be the case with CIEMs.

Once the final fit is confirmed as perfect, buying an expensive CIEM will be relatively risk free.

Dec 14, 2020 at 11:27 AM Post #14,993 of 23,667
Awesome! Thanks for getting the measurements for me. "Per conductor" does that mean per pin? I'm not familiar with the definition. Would you know how many cores the stock cable has?
The number you want to focus on here is .3ohms, not to confuse you about the resistance. When comparing cables or matching sources, that is the number to look at.

64 Audio Stay updated on 64 Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/64audio https://twitter.com/64audio https://instagram.com/64audio https://www.64audio.com/ info@64audio.com
Dec 14, 2020 at 2:20 PM Post #14,994 of 23,667
I was thinking about just that the other day. I also fear my ears are a weird shape and I have very small canal openings. Since I only use 64 Audio IEMs (for Apex, among other reasons), this is probably what I'll try if I ever choose to go the custom route:

Not only will they actually be useful, but it's a relatively inexpensive way to get 64 Audio customs made, with the added benefit that if they work out, they then have my moulds for all future CIEM purchases. Also if they need to be tweaked, it's much less risky or expensive sending them across oceans than would be the case with CIEMs.

Once the final fit is confirmed as perfect, buying an expensive CIEM will be relatively risk free.
Years ago Cosmic Ears in the UK had a thing called a "Prefit" option. This would involve you sending in your impressions as normal, they make just the shell and send it back to you for comments and adjustments. You then send it back to them, and they finish making the build with the additional adjustments as noted. They don't offer it anymore, but always thought it was a good idea.

@gLer earplugs may or may not give you an idea on how you like customs. I say this as the main issue I had getting fit done properly (not by 64audio it must be said) was the audiologist not doing the impressions properly. This might not show up with just earplugs.

Dec 14, 2020 at 2:53 PM Post #14,995 of 23,667
Years ago Cosmic Ears in the UK had a thing called a "Prefit" option. This would involve you sending in your impressions as normal, they make just the shell and send it back to you for comments and adjustments. You then send it back to them, and they finish making the build with the additional adjustments as noted. They don't offer it anymore, but always thought it was a good idea.

@gLer earplugs may or may not give you an idea on how you like customs. I say this as the main issue I had getting fit done properly (not by 64audio it must be said) was the audiologist not doing the impressions properly. This might not show up with just earplugs.

Kumitate Lab and, I believe, Vision Ears still offer this service as far as I know. @gLer It wouldn't hurt to ask 64 if they could possibly do this for you, because there's a fair amount of the inner ear that an earplug won't account for. With that said, if the option's not on 64's cards at the moment, your initial idea is a pretty clever one.

Dec 14, 2020 at 3:00 PM Post #14,996 of 23,667

However, this isn’t a solution for evaluating the sound prior to the purchase which can vary significantly based on the way the custom mold and universal demo units fit. At a point you just have to bite the bullet.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2020 at 5:36 PM Post #14,997 of 23,667
New toy!
3C96EFD3-AE7A-475F-B46F-0EF80F094CC5.jpeg

Dec 14, 2020 at 6:42 PM Post #15,000 of 23,667
New symbol on the IEMs with old packaging? Come on 64 ... not like these are a 2K product or anything 😂

Yep, the outer packaging I believe isn’t in production yet or something along those lines. I’ve asked to receive it when it is though. :p

Attachments

• A6D88E32-3665-42ED-969A-8A9D94173B4E.jpeg
    A6D88E32-3665-42ED-969A-8A9D94173B4E.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back