The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Dec 11, 2020 at 12:53 PM Post #14,971 of 23,727
Thanks for your input,

The person who ends up with demo units absolutely deserves service, as as you say, they are often unsuspecting.

The dealer associated to the S.N is the party who should get the slap on the wrist, as they are the source of this grey market item being in circulation (if it ends up in circulation)
At least there is a justification for not servicing demo units as they are not supposed to be for sale.

I find it much more problematic that 64 Audio will not reshell a custom IEM for a new owner if an owner decides to sell it later. That is a terrible and quite frankly an unacceptable policy.

I would say that 64 Audio should have an unofficial trade in program for such demo units that get sold into the market. It's not right for the dealer to have sold a demo unit to an unsuspecting customer and 64 Audio should do something to help that owner. If a dealer gets caught selling a unit, it's fine for 64 Audio to terminate their relationship.

Dec 11, 2020 at 5:26 PM Post #14,972 of 23,727
Hello 64 Audio,

Thank you for your timely response!

If you have a technician on hand, would you mind measuring the exact impedance of the cable, so that I can match it with a suiting aftermarket cable
And to clarify, would it be correct to assume that the polarity is wired like any other 2pin cable (besides QDC's)?
Yeah, we'll get you an exact measurement.

At least there is a justification for not servicing demo units as they are not supposed to be for sale.

I find it much more problematic that 64 Audio will not reshell a custom IEM for a new owner if an owner decides to sell it later. That is a terrible and quite frankly an unacceptable policy.
To your concern about remolding, you have to look at the custom IEM as a singular product, rather than separating the outer shell from the inner components as two separate parts. When we offer "fit related remakes" to customers we absorb most of the extra cost since we use almost all new internal components with the new printed shell. There's never a way to remove the components from the shell and put them into a different shell without losing some of those components. We offer remold/remake as a courtesy to the original owner in case of accidental damage or fit related issues; building a brand new custom IEM for a second/third owner at the remold/remake price is not scalable unfortunately.

I would say that 64 Audio should have an unofficial trade in program for such demo units that get sold into the market. It's not right for the dealer to have sold a demo unit to an unsuspecting customer and 64 Audio should do something to help that owner. If a dealer gets caught selling a unit, it's fine for 64 Audio to terminate their relationship.
We definitely do, our goal is for the end result to be customer centric; so if you find yourself with a broken non-retail unit we will definitely try to work with you to make something else work.

Hey Vitaliy, love your brand, and loved my Nio and U12T's, but I fear that's not a great look for a premium brand.

You should service any product of yours that is in circulation on market, and there should be no exception to that. Obviously there would be service charges, but the discrimination of the classification of products isn't cool. I have a buddy who had 1964 Ears customs from your humble beginnings, and he praised the service you used to offer - I don't see why service should worsen as the product prices have more than tripled in 8 years.

At the premium prices we pay for gear in this hobby, customer should always have the manufacturer's support.

As someone who had a couple issues from 64 Audio customer support after selling a premium silver cable to @Vitaly2017 (your biggest endorser), I have to speak up and say that I wish you treated your customer's a bit nicer.

Hopefully my comments get some consideration :)
Our goal is always to serve our customers so we're not trying to leave anyone out to dry. If you find yourself with a broken non-retail unit please feel free to reach out and we'll try to figure something else out. It is common practice among any type or size of company to regulate the way we treat our non-retail products; not least because many instances of demo units on the "market" are stolen among many other reasons for this. Would love to look into the issues you experienced with the cable if you could DM or email support@64audio.com

64 Audio Stay updated on 64 Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/64audio https://twitter.com/64audio https://instagram.com/64audio https://www.64audio.com/ info@64audio.com
Dec 11, 2020 at 6:25 PM Post #14,973 of 23,727
To your concern about remolding, you have to look at the custom IEM as a singular product, rather than separating the outer shell from the inner components as two separate parts. When we offer "fit related remakes" to customers we absorb most of the extra cost since we use almost all new internal components with the new printed shell. There's never a way to remove the components from the shell and put them into a different shell without losing some of those components. We offer remold/remake as a courtesy to the original owner in case of accidental damage or fit related issues; building a brand new custom IEM for a second/third owner at the remold/remake price is not scalable unfortunately.
I hadn't thought about that, but it makes sense. Unfortunately, now the policy of not reshelling for a second owner makes sense, too. Too bad there isn't a way to make that commercially practical.

Dec 11, 2020 at 6:59 PM Post #14,974 of 23,727
Hello 64 Audio,

Thank you for your timely response!

If you have a technician on hand, would you mind measuring the exact impedance of the cable, so that I can match it with a suiting aftermarket cable
And to clarify, would it be correct to assume that the polarity is wired like any other 2pin cable (besides QDC's)?
.15ohms per conductor when measuring the 48" spc cable. So .30ohm total

64 Audio Stay updated on 64 Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/64audio https://twitter.com/64audio https://instagram.com/64audio https://www.64audio.com/ info@64audio.com
Dec 11, 2020 at 8:06 PM Post #14,975 of 23,727
Our goal is always to serve our customers so we're not trying to leave anyone out to dry. If you find yourself with a broken non-retail unit please feel free to reach out and we'll try to figure something else out. It is common practice among any type or size of company to regulate the way we treat our non-retail products; not least because many instances of demo units on the "market" are stolen among many other reasons for this. Would love to look into the issues you experienced with the cable if you could DM or email support@64audio.com

The issue with the cable was already fixed but of course it was not the way it was expected to go unfortunately. I was told one thing in the beginning and got the 2.5mm connection cable then 64a said they cant reterminate the cable so I was left with only option is to buy a new one... and sell the old one... Not mentioning the ownership problem I had, even with a proof of purchase, 64a requesting a written form of ownership transfer from 1 owner to the second. Isnt a proof of purchase with a receipt is one already?

Dec 11, 2020 at 8:58 PM Post #14,976 of 23,727
@64Audio, Thank you for your involvement and transparency in this thread-- this kind of approach is what leads to product innovation, increased sales, and brand loyalty. Thank you for being here.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2020 at 4:23 PM Post #14,979 of 23,727
🥳
1000th
🐯🐾🐅

Dec 12, 2020 at 5:00 PM Post #14,981 of 23,727
Lots of love for 64 Audio products here.

Dec 12, 2020 at 5:04 PM Post #14,982 of 23,727
Dec 12, 2020 at 5:17 PM Post #14,983 of 23,727
Thanks. I can accept that answer. It does make it less likely that I will purchase a high dollar value custom IEM though. That's because if I purchase a Universal, the cost of ownership is far lower since it will have a terminal value that offers the new buyer an original product that is just used. If I purchase a Custom and I need to get rid of it, I need to incur the cost of reshelling it to Universal and/or selling it at below market value so that the new buyer can get it redone with some other provider. They never get the originally designed product.

As much as I love the A18s, I am very unlikely to buy one under these circumstances. I will probably get a U12t even though I don't like it as much and if I love it after 3 months usage, I'll purchase some custom tips. The cost of ownership of the A18s given the reality of making it work for another owner makes it a bad financial decision. I guess it is okay if you want to keep your IEM forever or don't mind taking a big hit if you need to part ways for it. Divorce is expensive.

Dec 12, 2020 at 5:56 PM Post #14,984 of 23,727
Speaking of, I have a Fourte Noir on the way :D

Oyyoooyiii 🤩😍
You never heard it before? You only had the fourte regular right?

By the way, noir and my new dhc symbiote elite 19. I never heard my noirs to sound this good ever before. Not as treble shrilly like you said before, it actually not at all. And bass is fixed in the mid bass. It was to strong for ky comfort. Oh and vocals are quiet something, very organic on every frequency.

🐯🐾🐅

Dec 12, 2020 at 6:15 PM Post #14,985 of 23,727
Oyyoooyiii 🤩😍
You never heard it before? You only had the fourte regular right?

By the way, noir and my new dhc symbiote elite 19. I never heard my noirs to sound this good ever before. Not as treble shrilly like you said before, it actually not at all. And bass is fixed in the mid bass. It was to strong for ky comfort. Oh and vocals are quiet something, very organic on every frequency.

🐯🐾🐅
Tiger you are really making me itch to get one elite 19:dizzy_face:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back