The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Aug 7, 2020 at 6:54 PM Post #12,541 of 23,560
AK's refusal to relocate to the now and embrace 4.4 is keeping me from ever seriously considering one of their players

Aug 7, 2020 at 6:58 PM Post #12,542 of 23,560
I would do your own research before listening to fanboys who own different items of gear on here. Everyone is going to be telling you that the stuff that they have bought is the best thing since sliced bread. It’s best just to get an overall consensus and then go from there. All I know is that the SR25 uses the latest android system, its UI is pretty slick without any of the bugs of an open system, it supports MQA for tidal and it’s build quality and aesthetics are second to none .... not to mention that 21 hour battery life... choices choices

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2020 at 2:43 AM Post #12,543 of 23,560
i placed my order for nio on june 29 and still no news to ship out. may i know if anyone received your nio lately that ordered around such date please?

Aug 8, 2020 at 6:35 PM Post #12,544 of 23,560
If anyone still trying to find the right eartips I recommend Ortofon silicone eartips, fit like a glove for me.

Aug 8, 2020 at 10:11 PM Post #12,548 of 23,560
Hm. That’s weird why they would ship mine before yours if you ordered before me. Try reaching out to them to ask. They were very transparent when I checked on order status.
They have been good with communication up to this point. Perhaps they are waiting on the premium 4.4 balanced cable, but I will look into it.

Thanks for the info.

Aug 8, 2020 at 10:58 PM Post #12,549 of 23,560
I ordered last week of June from headphones.com and got it earlier this week.
i ordered it directly from 64's official website, i may try to ask cs. thanks

Aug 9, 2020 at 1:25 AM Post #12,550 of 23,560
ordered mine on june 29th
was told most likely won't get shipped until august 27 or so

cant wait for the Nio!

Aug 9, 2020 at 6:50 AM Post #12,552 of 23,560
Hey all,

received the Spinfit CP100-M last night and have spent a little time with them and offer you my initial thoughts.

coupled with the u12t, there is definitely more sparkle throughout the mids and highs, compared to the foam tips provided in the u12t box. I’d also so a slight increase in airiness. Bass weight is reduced slightly, but becomes tighter and more controlled (to my ears at least) - I always thought I was a bass head, but I really like the tightness and the extra detail in mids and highs. The reduction in bass are worth it for me because it’s still impactful and blends in nicely with mids and highs.

Something to mention, is say that the mediums are a touch small for me, particularly in the left ear so I’ve ordered the L size from aliexpress for a more reasonable cost. This may impact the final sound, but on a whole it’s still an improvement with the mediums for me.

now awaiting the JVCspiral dot and the XElastec-Azla to come through this week to compare.

Aug 9, 2020 at 11:12 PM Post #12,554 of 23,560
Hi there. Can anyone kindly comment on the pairing of the Nio with FiR's N module vs O module? I've read from earlier posts that the bass tweak brought about by the N module is somewhat equivalent to that brought about by the M15 module. Thanks.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2020 at 1:45 AM Post #12,555 of 23,560
Do folks consider the nio more like the Solaris than the U12t? I’m trying to decide if it’s redundant to have the nio and the u12t in my collection
Still early days since I just got the Nio, but it is very different from U12T. While I do like to have multiple over-ear headphones, I will probably only have 1 pair of iems in the end, as I listen to iems less frequently. Currently, I think the Nio stays and the U12T goes. The Nio has more low-end punch/impact due to the DD, which goes well with my favorite music genre (metal). I cannot really comment on the Solaris, as I have only heard it briefly at Canjam, but from what I have read about it I can imagine that Nio is indeed much closer to the Solaris than to U12T. There are probably some Solaris owners here who can comment on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back