The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jul 5, 2020 at 9:16 AM Post #11,311 of 23,651
I wish someone could post comparison on Nio vs U12T.When it does it make sense for U12T owners to buy Nio? Thanks!

Jul 5, 2020 at 9:30 AM Post #11,313 of 23,651
As a Trio owner most of what tempts me in the Nio are the filters and its stunning looks! Unlike @mashuto, I find the treble of the Trio to be basically perfect in terms of energy (guess I'm a little less sensitive there), so I don't think the Nio's smoother highs tempt me, nor the bass really. I bought a premium silver cable for them that should arrive tomorrow which will help me with my aesthetic cravings for the trio haha.

Jul 5, 2020 at 9:50 AM Post #11,314 of 23,651
There is no problem waiting for the next wave of tech to come through. If someone is content with the IEMs, DAP, DAC etc that they have right now then that’s great. But technology is always changing and improving. It always has done and will continue to do so.

This is just my opinion, but if head-fi equipment is your hobby then enjoy your hobby ‘now’. Things are always going to change.

64 Audio recently released the A18s and just released the Nio. Should we wait for the future A18y or Nio2? But what about the A18z or Nio3 to follow those? It never ends.

I do not have bags of money, and I have to save up hard to buy the next thing I want. Even so, from my own life experience I have realised that waiting for the future means that you could be missing out on the now.

That is my own personal opinion and YMMV obviously 🙄

Jul 5, 2020 at 10:42 AM Post #11,315 of 23,651
There is no problem waiting for the next wave of tech to come through. If someone is content with the IEMs, DAP, DAC etc that they have right now then that’s great. But technology is always changing and improving. It always has done and will continue to do so.

This is just my opinion, but if head-fi equipment is your hobby then enjoy your hobby ‘now’. Things are always going to change.

64 Audio recently released the A18s and just released the Nio. Should we wait for the future A18y or Nio2? But what about the A18z or Nio3 to follow those? It never ends.

I do not have bags of money, and I have to save up hard to buy the next thing I want. Even so, from my own life experience I have realised that waiting for the future means that you could be missing out on the now.

That is my own personal opinion and YMMV obviously 🙄

Exactly. Most of our money is in our house and retirement accounts. I pay cash for all my audio equipment separate from our combined savings and checking account. It takes me a while to save up for a WM1Z, but not too bad to save up for a Lotoo Paw 6000. Right now I am saving up for a WM1Z. By the time I get there, a WM2Z might be announced. Buying a JH Lola, which I love set me back, but I am almost back to the 2/3 point of the WM1Z. It is all about priorities withing the umbrella of Hi Fidelity Audio.

Jul 5, 2020 at 11:26 AM Post #11,317 of 23,651
Exactly. Most of our money is in our house and retirement accounts. I pay cash for all my audio equipment separate from our combined savings and checking account. It takes me a while to save up for a WM1Z, but not too bad to save up for a Lotoo Paw 6000. Right now I am saving up for a WM1Z. By the time I get there, a WM2Z might be announced. Buying a JH Lola, which I love set me back, but I am almost back to the 2/3 point of the WM1Z. It is all about priorities withing the umbrella of Hi Fidelity Audio.

Good choice on the LP6000.

Jul 5, 2020 at 11:28 AM Post #11,318 of 23,651
from my own life experience I have realised that waiting for the future means that you could be missing out on the now.

This is so true. I have spent the last year on an "endgame search". There comes a time for all of us where we have to decide how we're going to participate in this hobby-- will it be an endless chase and constant cycling through the "next big things" or do we pick something and stay with it for a bit. Every one of us who chooses to settle with one piece of gear has to be ok with not having the best thing out there or the latest and greatest as no matter who you are and what you have there will sooner or later be something better on the market.

Jul 5, 2020 at 11:46 AM Post #11,320 of 23,651
This is so true. I have spent the last year on an "endgame search". There comes a time for all of us where we have to decide how we're going to participate in this hobby-- will it be an endless chase and constant cycling through the "next big things" or do we pick something and stay with it for a bit. Every one of us who chooses to settle with one piece of gear has to be ok with not having the best thing out there or the latest and greatest as no matter who you are and what you have there will sooner or later be something better on the market.
100%. This hobby is a bit of trial and error and some expendable income that is often not recouped. The journey to arrive at where you find the sweet spot for yourself is enjoyable and sometimes frustrating as things evolve. Either way once you get there you can relax and choose whether or not to fine tune your gear or learn you prefer a sound signature as your taste matures.

Jul 5, 2020 at 1:45 PM Post #11,321 of 23,651
Could anyone confirm that you can get the blue abalone for custom IEM? I see mother of pearl and what looks to be (although still beautiful, not my preference) abalone.

Might even be cool to do left faceplate in blue abalone and right in normal abalone if that option exists

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2020 at 1:45 PM Post #11,322 of 23,651
For those people who saw my post about the blue abalone for customs and are thinking about it I want to inform you that it seems like 64Audio has removed that option from the configuration tool. I'm assuming they weren't planning on offering that option right now and it was put on the live platform by mistake.

My guess would be that they potentially might be planning to offer that option at some point but apparently not right now. I'm sorry if I got someone's hope up prematurely.

Jul 5, 2020 at 1:51 PM Post #11,323 of 23,651
For those people who saw my post about the blue abalone for customs and are thinking about it I want to inform you that it seems like 64Audio has removed that option from the configuration tool. I'm assuming they weren't planning on offering that option right now and it was put on the live platform by mistake.

My guess would be that they potentially might be planning to offer that option at some point but apparently not right now. I'm sorry if I got someone's hope up prematurely.

That's alright. I really do hope they have that option in the future. Could be a pretty neat look (half and half with the two abalones)

Jul 5, 2020 at 7:17 PM Post #11,325 of 23,651
Cardas wires are difficult to get for small cable makers with lower volume of business. There's also the time and detail required to make a cable with them so Triton has decided to step back with making those cables.

In terms of price it was roughly half the price of the 1950. I don't know if PW does anything special that creates a house sound with their version of the cable. But the source wires are the same Cardas Clear.

I've own both the 1960s 2 wire and Tritons Cardas Clear Light 2 wire and they sounded identical to me on the Zeus and A6t so I imagine a 1950 and the Triton Clear would sound mostly the same.
That is a huge savings. Tks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back