The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
May 8, 2018 at 8:27 AM Post #4,156 of 23,544
Interesting... I guess I'm just lucky then. :D
BTW, I'm not implying that EA doesn't do a stellar job with their cables. Leonidas is one of the best I've owned; beautiful, comfortable, and terrific sounding! :wink:

Last edited:
May 8, 2018 at 2:27 PM Post #4,157 of 23,544
By the way...I have gotten and been using the Lionheart with my Fourtes and while it is a pain that I had to add a spacer to the cable it sounds fantastic! I think I actually prefer it to the Leonidas with the Fourte. The Leonidas seems to already strengthen the strengths of the Fourte while adding some brightness (which can sometimes be a bit harsh). The Lionheart, on the other hand, adds clarity and a bit of mid/low bump. I find it adds a bit more 'soul' to the mids and gives the low-end more body. All and all I think it is the tweak I was looking for to take the Fourte from a headphone that I really liked to a headphone that I absolutely LOVE. I would highly recommend this pairing if you are a bit 'high-shy' and want a bit more bass/mids presence/body

May 8, 2018 at 3:38 PM Post #4,158 of 23,544
By the way...I have gotten and been using the Lionheart with my Fourtes and while it is a pain that I had to add a spacer to the cable it sounds fantastic! I think I actually prefer it to the Leonidas with the Fourte. The Leonidas seems to already strengthen the strengths of the Fourte while adding some brightness (which can sometimes be a bit harsh). The Lionheart, on the other hand, adds clarity and a bit of mid/low bump. I find it adds a bit more 'soul' to the mids and gives the low-end more body. All and all I think it is the tweak I was looking for to take the Fourte from a headphone that I really liked to a headphone that I absolutely LOVE. I would highly recommend this pairing if you are a bit 'high-shy' and want a bit more bass/mids presence/body
Thanks for the feedback on the Lionheart! Nicely described! I was thinking about trying one, but am still on the fence, as I think the 1Z provides the benefits you mentioned regarding the Lionheart. I'm thinking the slight warmth of the 1Z with the Leonidas and Fourte is really scratching my itch right now! (foam tips BTW).

May 8, 2018 at 3:51 PM Post #4,159 of 23,544
I was curious after seeing your pictures if that is the standard plug EA is now putting on their cables or did you ask for something different? I probably have one of their old stock ones that sits very flush with the jack of the Sony.
IMG_4108.jpg

Last edited:
May 10, 2018 at 12:21 AM Post #4,160 of 23,544
i have wm1a pair with a 846. i would like to change the 846 to a fourte. wonder if the wm1a is good enough ?

i am coming from the stereo setup. have been impressed with the TAD CR1. its resolution is top notch. i wonder if the TIA Fourte is similar in this department ?

May 10, 2018 at 12:27 AM Post #4,161 of 23,544
i have wm1a pair with a 846. i would like to change the 846 to a fourte. wonder if the wm1a is good enough ?

i am coming from the stereo setup. have been impressed with the TAD CR1. its resolution is top notch. i wonder if the TIA Fourte is similar in this department ?

The jump from 846 to a Fourte is night and day as if the whole veil in the mids and treble suddenly vanished. You will hear incredible macro and micro detail with surgical precision with Fourte more so with upgraded cable like the Lionheart (Psquared plug, not the standard rhodium) or SXC 8.

Last edited:
May 10, 2018 at 1:15 AM Post #4,163 of 23,544

The 1A is certainly good enough to drive the Fourte. If you wish, you can always upgrade your source down the line or apply a 1A mod from Music Sanctuary.

May 10, 2018 at 1:30 AM Post #4,164 of 23,544
May 10, 2018 at 2:01 AM Post #4,166 of 23,544
May 10, 2018 at 9:05 AM Post #4,167 of 23,544

Users who are viewing this thread

Back