The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Nov 26, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #1,681 of 23,557
@pfurey89 My math may be off, but the Trio's are $2200, correct? And as a new universal model - the black friday discount doesn't apply to them.

The black friday discount does apply to the A18s as it's a custom - so you'd be looking at $2400 (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong).

Realize with the $200, this may still be higher than your budget - but seems a lot closer than you may have thought.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2017 at 1:08 PM Post #1,683 of 23,557
I cannot confirm or deny what I paid for Trio

Ha - well I hope you enjoy them. The Tia tech, as you've experienced, is a real breakthrough in terms of highs - and Apex in terms of soundstage and comfort. CIEMs are awesome - but universals can be great as well. While I haven't listened to them - if you loved the Fourte's, why not get a universal if the Trios sound similar. After all, you have a million tips you can choose from to get the comfort, seal and sound signature you want.

Enjoy them! I am really enjoying my A18s!

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2017 at 4:30 PM Post #1,684 of 23,557
I decided to pull the trigger on A12t. That is, until the Place Order button malfunctioned. I would like to order a pair but I'm stuck at the last step. It won't let me proceed. I hope I don't lose out on the sale. It ends today.

Nov 26, 2017 at 4:33 PM Post #1,685 of 23,557
I decided to pull the trigger on A12t. That is, until the Place Order button malfunctioned. I would like to order a pair but I'm stuck at the last step. It won't let me proceed. I hope I don't lose out on the sale. It ends today.
Perhaps check with your credit card company? I had issues placing my V6-S to A8 upgrade until I let Visa know what was going on.

Nov 26, 2017 at 4:34 PM Post #1,686 of 23,557
Maybe if you emailed them and explained your plight they might give you the discount tomorrow?

Nov 26, 2017 at 4:49 PM Post #1,687 of 23,557
I'm sure they will. Best CS in the game.

Really really debating if I made a mistake on the Trio over a12t. I loved my old a12 so much, but hated cleaning the vents out (fixed with single bore), and hated the treble (fixed with Tia driver). I think the new one addresses both issues and I fear I'll miss customs. Dang. This is hard.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2017 at 8:50 PM Post #1,688 of 23,557
The Tia Fourte's highs are extremely detailed. Cymbals instrument decay last relatively long compared to Andromeda. This is really where the Tia technology and the acoustic camber shines. There are no sharp spikes with the treble, very soft and textured cymbals instruments. The treble The bass is mostly sub bass focused, but it is fast. The Tia fourte has a dynamic driver but the speed of the bass has the speed of BA drivers.

Nov 26, 2017 at 10:39 PM Post #1,690 of 23,557
They better wreck the andro for $2800 more! :wink:

The Tia Fourte shares a very very similar sound signature with the Andro. I would call the Fourte as the ultimate upgrade for those who love their Andro. Fourte better sub-bass impact better midbass impact, better highs, longer decay, more detail perceived overall. It generally beat the Andro in every single aspect, even in comfort as it has no sharp corners.

Is it a $2800 amount of upgrade and 3 times as good as Andro? Well only your ears can answer it.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2017 at 10:46 PM Post #1,692 of 23,557
The cymbals presence of the Tia Fourte + SP1000SS was a bit too much for me for some songs. If the Trio does relatively the same as the fourte but has less treble and more focused on Bass and mids, then I guess I will be pretty much sold. Hope 64Audio distribute demos across the worlds quickly as many people must be interested.

Nov 26, 2017 at 10:48 PM Post #1,693 of 23,557
After all the new models are introduced my "humble" A12 is 5th in the 64 Audio pecking order lol. They don't stop tinkering!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back