The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jun 25, 2020 at 5:27 PM Post #10,936 of 23,552
I ordered that case for these. I don’t want to hurt the appearance of these and I don’t trust the round case.
The 64 hard case is a little unweildy and not the easiest to use, especially with memory wire on the cable, and the earpieces themselves may not fit snugly into each divider.

If you don't end up liking it, I would recommend some mesh bags from campfire audio. They are stupidly overpriced for what they are, but they have a sewn divider in the middle. Would be nice if there unbranded ones for cheaper, bet they can be found somewhere on AliExpress.

Either way, really enjoying these so far. What comparison is everyone interested in the most? I think I've seen some trio and Solaris requested? Will likely try and get some early impressions comparisons up tomorrow.

Jun 25, 2020 at 5:28 PM Post #10,937 of 23,552
If Nio has big bass as I am reading, it might be why the MX module was developed. How is the bass with that module?

Jun 25, 2020 at 5:34 PM Post #10,939 of 23,552
Comparisons to the U12t please :)

Jun 25, 2020 at 5:34 PM Post #10,940 of 23,552
I ordered that case for these. I don’t want to hurt the appearance of these and I don’t trust the round case.

Just use Campfire "pockets" for that; your Solaris '20 should have 3 pairs, with 2 extra anyway. So, use those to store Nio shells.

Jun 25, 2020 at 5:35 PM Post #10,941 of 23,552
The 64 hard case is a little unweildy and not the easiest to use, especially with memory wire on the cable, and the earpieces themselves may not fit snugly into each divider.

If you don't end up liking it, I would recommend some mesh bags from campfire audio. They are stupidly overpriced for what they are, but they have a sewn divider in the middle. Would be nice if there unbranded ones for cheaper, bet they can be found somewhere on AliExpress.

Either way, really enjoying these so far. What comparison is everyone interested in the most? I think I've seen some trio and Solaris requested? Will likely try and get some early impressions comparisons up tomorrow.
Thank you. U12t/Trio/Z1R/LX please.

Jun 25, 2020 at 5:35 PM Post #10,942 of 23,552

Yes, versus 2020 would be great, thank you!

Jun 25, 2020 at 5:36 PM Post #10,943 of 23,552
I'm not sharing (yet), but I still caring!

64audio-nio-x01.jpg

that memory wire got to go! will remove it later :D
Do you have 2 different apex modules on yours??

Jun 25, 2020 at 5:43 PM Post #10,944 of 23,552
If Nio has big bass as I am reading, it might be why the MX module was developed. How is the bass with that module?
Tamed quite a bit compared to the other 2. Feels like a more "balanced" presentation with mx, but bass is still present with some decent impact. But I haven't had a ton of time with it yet. But its pretty noticeably different. And likely a good option to have available.

Thank you. U12t/Trio/Z1R/LX please.
Don't have and have never heard the u12t or LX unfortunately, but I can do the other two.

Jun 25, 2020 at 5:46 PM Post #10,945 of 23,552
Do you have 2 different apex modules on yours??

just a light angle...

at some point I will take measurement with all 3 modules for comparison.

Jun 25, 2020 at 6:03 PM Post #10,947 of 23,552
The measurement I posted was with gunmetal M15 (-15dB isolation) apex module. Going to M20 (-20dB isolation) kicks it into a high gear with even more bass impact, as expected, but without spilling into mids, still very well controlled. Going down to MX (-10dB isolation) brings the bass quantity down to what I personally like, making the signature less L-shaped and more balanced. And yes, soundstage is very wide. Mids have lots of natural clarity, very good retrieval of details, not analytical or super layered. Treble has a good definition, very clear and natural, but not as much airiness or sparkle.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2020 at 6:28 PM Post #10,948 of 23,552
The measurement I posted was with gunmetal M15 (-15dB isolation) apex module. Going to M20 (-20dB isolation) kicks it into a high gear with even more bass impact, as expected, but without spilling into mids, still very well controlled. Going down to MX (-10dB isolation) brings the bass quantity down to what I personally like, making the signature less L-shaped and more balanced. And yes, soundstage is very wide. Mids have lots of natural clarity, very good retrieval of details, not analytical or super layered. Treble has a good definition, very clear and natural, but not as much airiness or sparkle.

Maybe jumping the gun here, but any quick fire, initial impressions compared to the FiR M4 would be greatly appreciated as that’s what I’m more leaning towards atm.

Jun 25, 2020 at 7:18 PM Post #10,949 of 23,552
Tamed quite a bit compared to the other 2. Feels like a more "balanced" presentation with mx, but bass is still present with some decent impact. But I haven't had a ton of time with it yet. But its pretty noticeably different. And likely a good option to have available.

Don't have and have never heard the u12t or LX unfortunately, but I can do the other two.
How bad is isolation with the mx module? I feel like I'll be using the m20 just because of that.. unless it's more bass than I can handle. Thanks for posting your thoughts

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back