The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jun 24, 2020 at 9:00 AM Post #10,831 of 23,681
Jun 24, 2020 at 9:50 AM Post #10,833 of 23,681
Jun 24, 2020 at 11:27 AM Post #10,834 of 23,681
Jun 24, 2020 at 11:37 AM Post #10,836 of 23,681
Jun 24, 2020 at 12:04 PM Post #10,837 of 23,681
Will you get a chance to compare stock noir vs new silver premium 🤩

Yes, new silver hybrid cable arriving as well, in addition to A18s.

Btw, I did confirm, the new cable has silver alloy core surrounded by silver-plated copper strands. So, in a way it is a hybrid cable, but I think this design was chosen to reduce the wire resistance without making the gauge thicker or doubling the number of conductors (from 4 wires to 8 wires). But either way, will check it out after a proper burn in of DD. Will compare to N8, Trio, U12t and others that make sense to compare (Andro '20, Solaris '20, LX, etc). Also, will check out their new lower isolation mX apex module and its effect on bass reduction.

Jun 24, 2020 at 12:13 PM Post #10,838 of 23,681

Btw, I did confirm, the new cable has silver alloy core surrounded by silver-plated copper strands. So, in a way it is a hybrid cable, but I think this design was chosen to reduce the wire resistance without making the gauge thicker or doubling the number of conductors (from 4 wires to 8 wires). But either way, will check it out after a proper burn in of DD. Will compare to N8, Trio, U12t and others that make sense to compare (Andro '20, Solaris '20, LX, etc). Also, will check out their new lower isolation mX apex module and its effect on bass reduction.
Great stuff! Any idea when you'll publish, plus/minus, and will you post some preliminary thoughts here?

Jun 24, 2020 at 12:49 PM Post #10,839 of 23,681

This should be a very good read. I love comparison reviews when multiple brands and models are considered. Giddyup!

Jun 24, 2020 at 1:07 PM Post #10,840 of 23,681
Great stuff! Any idea when you'll publish, plus/minus, and will you post some preliminary thoughts here?

Will have the full review with all the pictures and comparisons done after 2hr 25min out of the box, so expect it to be published by 9pm tomorrow... plus/minus 2wks :D

But seriously, you know, reviews are not written overnight, takes time, plus I'm sitting on at least a dozen of other new products I received for review in the last few months, still slowly going through in the evening after work hours. But I promise to share first impressions early next week!

Jun 24, 2020 at 1:13 PM Post #10,841 of 23,681
Will have the full review with all the pictures and comparisons done after 2hr 25min out of the box, so expect it to be published by 9pm tomorrow... plus/minus 2wks :D

But seriously, you know, reviews are not written overnight, takes time, plus I'm sitting on at least a dozen of other new products I received for review in the last few months, still slowly going through in the evening after work hours. But I promise to share first impressions early next week!
:pray:

Jun 24, 2020 at 1:18 PM Post #10,842 of 23,681

Exactly what I tried to explain to this people in regard to 64a too

And they reported my post as Bs not related to the topic lmao and they deleted my post to.

Hey take your Time Twister6, for me that silver premium cable vs stock all it matters hehe.

Take care 🙂

Jun 24, 2020 at 1:42 PM Post #10,843 of 23,681
My stupid-ass string of 64Audio purchases has stopped long enough to make a video.

Offered for your ridicule and enjoyment.

Thank you for trying to describe the intangibles of the Fourte sound. I don't know that I'll ever hear a pair, but your description helps. Art versus accuracy.
i have both z1r and solaris 2020, bass goes to z1r period, but everything else goes to solaris 2020 and both are better than my tia trio that i sold . Still khan is my number one iem

z1r bold big sound bit recessed mids, best bass, many adore this signature. it has more detail than trio and mids to me are more detailed as well.
solaris 2020 amazing headroom better mids and detail
tia trio was good, liked it but not enough to keep it
khan to me is perfect still is on my top list being number 1

in the end they are all great iems
I've never even heard the Z1R or the Solaris 2020, and you're wrong. :):) You're the third or fourth person who's posted opinions about the Solaris 2020 placing it in "high company". That makes me very curious about them.
Putting cost aside, is there any reason one might opt for the A12t over the A18s?
Did you see reeltime's video (post 10782)? He provides a good summary of all the discussion about those two (well, OK, the U12t and U18t) to date.
I think at the ~$2000 price point the U12t has to be the safest buy around. Unless you're after a specific sound signature (super warm/super analytical/big bass/bright treble/forward mids/crazy fun etc.) the U12t really does do everything superbly, is almost universally comfortable, built to last, and is generally ideal for outstanding playback of just about any genre of music.

It's the very definition of a 'safe buy' with the added bonus that if it fits your sound preferences and ear shape like a glove, it can easily be endgame over just about any other IEM.
My blind buy was the Trio specifically because I wanted more bass oompf than the U12t provided. However, I can't fault your thinking, the U12t sounds really good.

Jun 24, 2020 at 1:53 PM Post #10,844 of 23,681
This should be a very good read. I love comparison reviews when multiple brands and models are considered. Giddyup!
Especially when I've owned, or at least heard, some of the comparison IEMs.
Funny stuff...

Jun 24, 2020 at 1:57 PM Post #10,845 of 23,681
Well I guess concerns were unfounded. Got a shipping notification. Tracking hasn't updated yet but with shipping I chose they should hopefully be here tomorrow. Will happily provide some impressions and comparisons as desired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back