The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jun 24, 2020 at 7:28 PM Post #10,863 of 23,608
I returned the SE back for quick cash to fix my A/C a bit ago. I don't like dipping into my emergency funds for house repairs. Either way I will be buying them back soon and will when I get them back.
Right, forgot about that damn A/C.
sorry about that!

Jun 24, 2020 at 11:19 PM Post #10,864 of 23,608
Interesting. U12t would then probably be 'shallower' insertion compared to the Trio using the same size (depth) tips.

Both don’t allow deep insertion due to the nozzles diameter not small type, unless ear canal is very large. U12t does sits slightly inner into the ears for me. The U12t nozzle is slightly longer than the Trio’s one but the hump just after the nozzle is bigger on the Trio. These differences will affect the fit slightly and for me, the U12t fits slightly better and less protruding too. But I would think it depends on individual ear shape too.

Jun 24, 2020 at 11:53 PM Post #10,865 of 23,608
That's great feedback. I only mention thinner mids and hotter highs in relation to comparisons I've read with the U12t, not as absolute descriptors. Knowing 64A there won't be much out of place with any part of the FR on the Trio. Oddly enough I find the U12t bass more than powerful enough for the odd times I use them for EDM. If the Trio bass is elevated and more punchy by comparison, it'll likely more than suffice. That's why I was kinda hoping the Nio would be that U12t + punchier bass unicorn. We'll know soon enough.

U12t have more than enough bass and powerful too. Trio also but it’s DD bass so is different.

Trio mid is not thin and high is not hot at all. It may seems mid ‘recessed’ some say but this is due to perception of its 3D sound stage tuning, which I think is caused by tia acoustic chamber tuning. Mid and instruments is pulled back slightly to give that 3D or live sound (think it’s similar design principle on Fourte and Fourte Noir but not sure). Stock cable also contributed to this sound ‘effect’ imo. It can be changed by some degree to a lesser 3D sound but with more prominent mid/high if required with different cables.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2020 at 12:53 AM Post #10,866 of 23,608
U12t have more than enough bass and powerful too. Trio also but it’s DD bass so is different.

Trio mid is not thin and high is not hot at all. It may seems mid ‘recessed’ some say but this is due to perception of its 3D sound stage tuning, which I think is caused by tia acoustic chamber tuning. Mid and instruments is pulled back slightly to give that 3D or live sound (think it’s similar design principle on Fourte and Fourte Noir but not sure). Stock cable also contributed to this sound ‘effect’ imo. It can be changed by some degree to a lesser 3D sound but with more prominent mid/high if required with different cables.

Noir is not like fourte nor trio. It has a mid Tia driver and it does bring vocals loud and clear slightly forward. To me trio wasnt so good in the mid department I mean in comparison to noir, not its lacking mids... Just Noir covers that area where I found Trio was lacking a little and yes its the mids. Also Noir is less treble sparkly then trio! More bass control. Noir is like trio on steroids theoretically. To me Noir is the best of what 64a has to offer. It can do everything!

And I also find Tia drivers the best on the market, it can reproduce all technical sounds with simply 1 Tia driver per frequency range, while other iems in the line has 6 and more drivers for the same range....

Jun 25, 2020 at 1:04 AM Post #10,867 of 23,608
Noir is not like fourte nor trio. It has a mid Tia driver and it does bring vocals loud and clear slightly forward. To me trio wasnt so good in the mid department I mean in comparison to noir, not its lacking mids... Just Noir covers that area where I found Trio was lacking a little and yes its the mids. Also Noir is less treble sparkly then trio! More bass control. Noir is like trio on steroids theoretically. To me Noir is the best of what 64a has to offer. It can do everything!

And I also find Tia drivers the best on the market, it can reproduce all technical sounds with simply 1 Tia driver per frequency range, while other iems in the line has 6 and more drivers for the same range....

good comparison :)

Jun 25, 2020 at 12:19 PM Post #10,868 of 23,608
I've been quite curious myself about the Trio reading all the recent posts. The only thing I've ever 'missed' on the rare occasion with my U12t is some real bass oomph, but from everything I've read about the Trio, I don't want the thinner mids and hotter highs of the Trio in exchange for extra bass. I want the U12t as-is with extra bass kick, in a universal IEM. Is that too much to ask for? 😉
Apparently from 64Audio at this time, yes.
Now I haven't heard the U12T so this is just based on me having the Trio and trying multiple Empire Ears, Sony, Campfire Audio and Moondrop IEM's. I find the Trio (for me) has nearly the perfect bass. Could I use a little more? Sure, but not Empire Ears level bass. The bass is impactful enough for me to enjoy my EDM without feeling it's missing the mark. It's also held back enough to not overpower the overall sound. I don't find the mids all that recessed against these others. Maybe against the Solaris 2020, but that thing is really good except for that bass impact I crave. Also, the treble to me is similar to the Solaris 2020. I am very sensitive to sibilance or hot highs and almost all of the other IEM's I tried triggered that in some way. I don't get that same reaction to the highs on the Trio. They stand out enough to be energetic, but not enough to cause me a problem if that makes sense. So that's my two cents on it. Everyone's ears are different so YMMV.
These observations mirror mine. As much as I like the Trio's bass, I think I liked the FiR M4 better in that regard (though I didn't have the tour pair of M4 long enough to ultimately decide between the two). However, at the opposite end of the spectrum, I enjoy Tio's Tia treble very much. Like Flappy, I never find it hot or harsh. I have; however, found that to be at least somewhat source dependent. When I bought my Trio the only DAP I had on hand was an Astell&Kern AK70 Mk II: I enjoy that combination very much. Since then, I've added a Questyle QP2R, which I don't like with my Trio. That combination does have harder, more crystalline highs which to me aren't as enjoyable. That combination loses some of what I bought the Trio for when paired with the A&K. Perhaps that's balanced with better detail retrieval? Don't know, don't care, I'll keep my Trio plugged into my A&K.

Jun 25, 2020 at 12:23 PM Post #10,869 of 23,608
Welcome
2452C35E-80A2-4597-B8D2-536E46F40DEA.jpeg

Jun 25, 2020 at 12:24 PM Post #10,871 of 23,608
Jun 25, 2020 at 12:32 PM Post #10,873 of 23,608
Shouldn't the Noir be very much like the Fourte? Same drivers, tweaked tuning.

Regular fourte and Noir not same at all. Same drivers different tuning!
I was told by 64a representative at canjam Noir is between Trio snd Fourte some what.
And he is right!

To my ears Noir is more hifi with peaky audiophile in mind lol. Just exactly like Mr.Tiger Ears are 🤣😅😇

I love the Noir a lot, I do miss Trio sometimes I like it to.

Jun 25, 2020 at 12:34 PM Post #10,874 of 23,608
Looks right off the bat are stunning. I prefer this abalone to Solaris SE hands down. 75E9E1FF-AB58-4A6C-AFD4-EF2B1CE73DCA.jpeg

Pretty! Put the silver cable! It will look much better! Luxurious 🙃😊

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back