The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Sep 4, 2019 at 9:05 AM Post #7,801 of 23,598
as people describe the Noir is how i feel about my new to me Fourte. can be just as technical as u18t but does it without saturating subject in scrutiny. there is also some swing and the bass is good and solid but can also be fluffy too and so there is great variety. i'm s**t at this but there is air in the Fourte's presentation and that isn't totally easy for open back over ears to achieve (i think).

i am beginning to think it not ideal with pw 1950s maybe (i do this and it sounds really great for commuting but pretty stark i think (need a hugo to make it swing) because i think pw 1950s is a rather flat presentation. doesn't work together to optimise a specific feature of fourte (air).

previously 1960 was recommended by somebody who has actually heard various PW cables. what is working on the Noir?

hopefully one of these new colourful ones from Plussound maybe? :)
I’m listening to my Noir right now with the plussound cable in the photo yes :) the material configuration is silver + gold and it sounds ridiculously good. I had been using it with a SPC up until now but switching to the plussound cable I can notice a fair bit of detail increase and a bit more air around the instruments - some more precision at the cost of some energy, which is a welcome fine tune of the Noir :)

Sep 4, 2019 at 12:01 PM Post #7,802 of 23,598
I’m listening to my Noir right now with the plussound cable in the photo yes :) the material configuration is silver + gold and it sounds ridiculously good. I had been using it with a SPC up until now but switching to the plussound cable I can notice a fair bit of detail increase and a bit more air around the instruments - some more precision at the cost of some energy, which is a welcome fine tune of the Noir :)

I'm curious - which model plussound?

Sep 4, 2019 at 12:24 PM Post #7,804 of 23,598
Poetic series silver + gold

Hi!

And...the red one?
It improves the U18t sound???
I only heard tri-copper exo series...

Sep 4, 2019 at 12:41 PM Post #7,805 of 23,598
Hi!

And...the red one?
It improves the U18t sound???
I only heard tri-copper exo series...
Hey there

The red one is also a silver + gold but I haven’t had a listen just yet - I generally wait for a few hours when swapping IEMs (or a night’s sleep) to avoid having my impressions swayed by whatever I’m listening to currently.... sort of reset my ears

Sep 4, 2019 at 8:52 PM Post #7,806 of 23,598
i'm going to get the tia trio. according to reviews, it is a complete iem, with nothing more to improve on. the fourtes are just a bit bright, is my only complaint. crinacle ranked trio higher than noir by a bit. in fact, trio is the only other BA dynamic hybrid in his S/S- rank besides the z1r.

Sep 4, 2019 at 9:01 PM Post #7,807 of 23,598
i'm going to get the tia trio. according to reviews, it is a complete iem, with nothing more to improve on. the fourtes are just a bit bright, is my only complaint. crinacle ranked trio higher than noir by a bit. in fact, trio is the only other BA dynamic hybrid in his S/S- rank besides the z1r.

You seem to change like the wind. I would not want to be your financial adviser.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2019 at 9:33 PM Post #7,809 of 23,598
Don't know about wealth, but definitely Unsteady. :)

A couple weeks ago Fourte was the best thing on earth, no question and no different opinion accepted. Now Trio looks better... what next?

Sep 5, 2019 at 5:52 AM Post #7,812 of 23,598
B017C0A3-FD4A-4D85-9B36-8F7165D8436B.jpeg

The MVP

Sep 5, 2019 at 8:43 AM Post #7,815 of 23,598
It's too bad they don't make their balanced cables with a 90 degree connector - much less stress on the jack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back