The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Sep 3, 2019 at 9:22 AM Post #7,787 of 23,528
i started on a trio and have recently been listening to fourte.

i don't however find fourte bright but this is with the manadarin symbio's which control it i reckon.

anyway i listened to trio's with same symbio. so that colours these comments.

trio is detailed and exciting and revealing but just slightly less than fourte. arguably more coherent for more ears trio. good bass. real whack. good seal is essential.

Sep 3, 2019 at 9:30 AM Post #7,790 of 23,528
i started on a trio and have recently been listening to fourte.

i don't however find fourte bright but this is with the manadarin symbio's which control it i reckon.

anyway i listened to trio's with same symbio. so that colours these comments.

trio is detailed and exciting and revealing but just slightly less than fourte. arguably more coherent for more ears trio. good bass. real whack. good seal is essential.
i mean are the trio's similar sounding to the fourte? crinacle says its a 'superior version of the fourte'. either way, i'm probably going to test it out.

Sep 3, 2019 at 11:17 AM Post #7,792 of 23,528
We have demo units of the whole 64 Audio lineup :D :D :D I think the U18's may be staying on my desk for a while :wink:

Mine arrived on Friday. Been listening to them non-stop since then :ksc75smile:

Sep 4, 2019 at 5:40 AM Post #7,793 of 23,528
D9E9E8DA-9125-4A63-8BEC-6C7D0494CFE8.jpeg Been listening to my Noirs basically nonstop. They’re still burning in, and I’m still wrapping my head around them, but I’m very, very happy with the sound. Without question the best iem I’ve owned, and I’ve owned a lot. (Then again, for the price they better be!)

I’ve been listening on my AK SP1000M, which is great, but just now I plugged them into my home system, and MY GOD these iems scale up with really good non-mobile equipment. It’s too bad most people will only listen on mobile, because they have room to reveal even more depth.

I sold my Utopias to purchase these and I don’t feel like I made a downgrade.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2019 at 5:56 AM Post #7,795 of 23,528
Been listening to my Noirs basically nonstop. They’re still burning in, and I’m still wrapping my head around them, but I’m very, very happy with the sound. Without question the best iem I’ve owned, and I’ve owned a lot. (Then again, for the price they better be!)

I’ve been listening on my AK SP1000M, which is great, but just now I plugged them into my home system, and MY GOD these iems scale up with the finest equipment there is. I sold my Utopias to purchase these and I don’t feel like I made a downgrade.
Honestly I'm a bit surprised the Noir isn't getting that much attention and discussion, it sounds great off lower end sources too, but it scales insanely - more so than any other IEM I've listened to. Detail retrieval is approaching the U18t level, and the treble sparkle is pure bliss - imo it is better executed than the original Fourte, feels more coherent and on point. Bass goes really deep and the quantity isn't excessive as it is on many other DD hybrids. All in all the best IEM I own even though I wasn't absolutely thrilled when I tried them on the balanced connection of the SR15 at first.

The scaling is what makes the Noir into a 3800$ IEM - when plugged into a more entry level source they have a similar performance to IEMs that cost substantially less (when compared using the same source) but once the whole system is on point they are comfortably the IEMs I have enjoyed most out there

love the fourtes more than 12T but why is it universal only? i can’t bring myself to spend that kind of money on a universal!
Why though? Customs to me make sense when you have fitting issues with the universals. Also the Noir does some crazy things with the soundstage which I'm pretty sure are due to the chamber design

Sep 4, 2019 at 7:43 AM Post #7,796 of 23,528
Interesting to see the Noir being tested on a full size tube amp. does this one have impedance and noise attenuation for Headphone/IEMs use? (just curiosity as I don't know this amp)

Sep 4, 2019 at 8:27 AM Post #7,798 of 23,528
Interesting to see the Noir being tested on a full size tube amp. does this one have impedance and noise attenuation for Headphone/IEMs use? (just curiosity as I don't know this amp)

I don’t know the details but I assume it has something like that. I have to crank the volume higher for headphones than I do when just using it as a pre-amp for my stereo. Pretty ignorant about technical details like that though...

Sep 4, 2019 at 8:32 AM Post #7,799 of 23,528
I don’t know the details but I assume it has something like that. I have to crank the volume higher for headphones than I do when just using it as a pre-amp for my stereo. Pretty ignorant about technical details like that though...
No worries mate. Just curiosity as pute Tube amps normally doesn't match well with sensitive IEMs. But if it is working well for you, don't worry with technical stuff. Just enjoy it. :)

Sep 4, 2019 at 8:55 AM Post #7,800 of 23,528
as people describe the Noir is how i feel about my new to me Fourte. can be just as technical as u18t but does it without saturating subject in scrutiny. there is also some swing and the bass is good and solid but can also be fluffy too and so there is great variety. i'm s**t at this but there is air in the Fourte's presentation and that isn't totally easy for open back over ears to achieve (i think).

i am beginning to think it not ideal with pw 1950s maybe (i do this and it sounds really great for commuting but pretty stark i think (need a hugo to make it swing) because i think pw 1950s is a rather flat presentation. doesn't work together to optimise a specific feature of fourte (air).

previously 1960 was recommended by somebody who has actually heard various PW cables. what is working on the Noir?

hopefully one of these new colourful ones from Plussound maybe? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back