The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Dec 29, 2017 at 10:41 AM Post #2,326 of 23,594
@Drewligarchy
I'm using Double Helix Peptide hybrid SPC cable, balanced with Eidolic connectors (built by PeterK) with the U18t and Fourte, I do notice a slight change, they're a bit more 'forward' sounding. But more than that the quality of the cable is outstanding, I thought the cables that came with the Tour Fourte and U18t detracted from the whole package.
I'd highly recommend looking into the Double Helix cables, well worth the price.

Thanks lotech. I think I'd actually prefer a cable that tilts slightly warm. I find the SP1000 a slightly dry with m15 module on certain albums - so it could potentially give me the flexibility to use that as well at the M20.

Any thoughts on PWA No. 5 anyone - either with the A18/U18 or any other IEM? Would be getting a 2.5 mm balanced. Also is there any effect on the sound going between 4 strand and 8 strand - with this cable and in general?

Dec 29, 2017 at 11:30 AM Post #2,327 of 23,594
Premium SPC cable and both M15 and M20 modules are included with A/U12t and A/U18t, and also TIA Trio/Fourte include Premium SPC cable as well. It's actually printed on their packaging, not an optional accessory but a stock one. Nevermind what website says :wink:
Oh wow, do you know that if I can change the stock cable to be 2.5m or 4,4 mm jack?
Because I think most of the daps nowadays are going to use these

Dec 29, 2017 at 12:14 PM Post #2,328 of 23,594
I emailed 64 regarding cables.

All flagship IEMs purchased before September 2017 came with the premium cable.

All custom flagships post-September just come with their standard cable now, however, it has been updated and the internals are the same as the old premium cable. Moving forward Universals will still receive the premium cable.

Dec 29, 2017 at 1:11 PM Post #2,329 of 23,594
I emailed 64 regarding cables.

All flagship IEMs purchased before September 2017 came with the premium cable.

All custom flagships post-September just come with their standard cable now, however, it has been updated and the internals are the same as the old premium cable. Moving forward Universals will still receive the premium cable.
So I'm confused now. they said "however, it has been updated and the internals are the same as the old premium cable." Does that mean that their standard cable now is the old premium cable they had prior to the new premium cable?

Dec 29, 2017 at 1:28 PM Post #2,330 of 23,594
“As of September 1st 2017, we updated the standard cable with a SPC which is compatible with the Flagship models so we switched over to the standard cable.

Our management decided that all custom IEMs will come with a standard SPC cable and universal Flagship IEMs will come with a premium cable.”!

Dec 29, 2017 at 1:55 PM Post #2,332 of 23,594
No clue. As long as it’s the same audibly, it’s fine, and it seems to be the case. A cable upgrade really is necessary for me ergonomically if anything with all my IEMs.

Dec 29, 2017 at 2:49 PM Post #2,334 of 23,594
To clarify the cable questions, all of our cables that we sell on our website and ones that come with your Custom and Universal In-Ears use the Ultra-low resistance Silver-Plated Copper (SPC) cable.
The difference being that the Premium Cable has customization options on both ends.

64 Audio Stay updated on 64 Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/64audio https://twitter.com/64audio https://instagram.com/64audio https://www.64audio.com/ info@64audio.com
Dec 29, 2017 at 9:17 PM Post #2,335 of 23,594
They arrived it today just before the new year! Spent half an hour with them and everything looks and sounds awesome. Guys, any idea whether burn-in is necessary for A18t, if so roughly how much time needed?

IMG_4524.JPG

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2017 at 9:31 PM Post #2,336 of 23,594
They arrived it today just before the new year! Spent half an hour with them and everything looks and sounds awesome. Guys, any idea whether burn-in is necessary for A18t, if so roughly how much time needed?

From my experience, burn in is hardly necessary for BA-driver IEMs, the only thing you'll be burning in is the cable attached to it for things to settle in (assuming the cable is still fresh out of the box).

The only IEMs type that needed any actual run-in are those that use dynamic drivers.

Dec 29, 2017 at 9:39 PM Post #2,337 of 23,594
To clarify the cable questions, all of our cables that we sell on our website and ones that come with your Custom and Universal In-Ears use the Ultra-low resistance Silver-Plated Copper (SPC) cable.
The difference being that the Premium Cable has customization options on both ends.

Ok, got it now!

Just to summarize for others, all the cables use ultra low resistance Silver-Plated Copper wires.

Standard cables (here is a link to replacement: https://www.64audio.com/product/Replacement-Cable) come with 3.5mm TRS single ended termination and recessed 2pin connector, as shown below:

1964ears-1501200724-Replacement_CableV2_PRODUCT_DETAIL.png

Premium Cables (here is a link to purchase it: https://www.64audio.com/product/New-Premium-Cable), are customizable with either recessed or non-recessed 2pin connector and 3 types of termination (standard 3.5mm TRS, balanced 2.5mm TRRS, or balanced 4.4mm TRRRS):

1964ears-1504118016-Premium_Collage_Store_LORS.png

Dec 29, 2017 at 10:24 PM Post #2,338 of 23,594
From my experience, burn in is hardly necessary for BA-driver IEMs, the only thing you'll be burning in is the cable attached to it for things to settle in (assuming the cable is still fresh out of the box).

The only IEMs type that needed any actual run-in are those that use dynamic drivers.
Possibly the crossover and internal wires

Dec 30, 2017 at 2:54 AM Post #2,339 of 23,594
Any thoughts on PWA No. 5 anyone - either with the A18/U18 or any other IEM? Would be getting a 2.5 mm balanced. Also is there any effect on the sound going between 4 strand and 8 strand - with this cable and in general?

@flinkenick is your man

Dec 30, 2017 at 9:35 AM Post #2,340 of 23,594
@Drewligarchy , as it was mentioned above, Nic reviewed quite a few of these cables on THL (check 1st and 2nd pages), and I also covered these in my U18 Review (on the first page under cables).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back