The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Dec 28, 2017 at 7:03 PM Post #2,311 of 23,532
And so the A18t. I don't think perimum cable is included.

Premium SPC cable and both M15 and M20 modules are included with A/U12t and A/U18t, and also TIA Trio/Fourte include Premium SPC cable as well. It's actually printed on their packaging, not an optional accessory but a stock one. Nevermind what website says :wink:

Dec 28, 2017 at 7:56 PM Post #2,316 of 23,532
Premium SPC cable and both M15 and M20 modules are included with A/U12t and A/U18t, and also TIA Trio/Fourte include Premium SPC cable as well. It's actually printed on their packaging, not an optional accessory but a stock one. Nevermind what website says :wink:

Awesome, thanks!

Dec 28, 2017 at 9:11 PM Post #2,317 of 23,532
They told me premium cable isn’t included in my A18t order. Should I make a stink?

What cable did you receive with your A18t? It doesn't look like a fancy cable since it has a rubbery black jacket, but U18t box has it printed that Premium SPC cable is included. I don't see why they wouldn't include the same cable with A18t if they do with U18t and TIA Fourte.

Dec 28, 2017 at 9:47 PM Post #2,318 of 23,532
What? The premium cable is supposed to be included with the A18t along with the standard cable? Am I hearing that right? I didn't see that anywhere on their website.

Also, does the ciems have recessed sockets? My order says NO. I hope this wasn't set by default. I'll contact them to be sure.

From the FAQs: "All A-Series models come standard with recessed sockets. There are some cases where recessed sockets are not possible due to shape and size of ear, we will continue to make your product with the normal socket."

Dec 28, 2017 at 9:52 PM Post #2,319 of 23,532
What? The premium cable is supposed to be included with the A18t along with the standard cable? Am I hearing that right? I didn't see that anywhere on their website.

Also, does the ciems have recessed sockets? My order says NO. I hope this wasn't set by default. I'll contact them to be sure.

From the FAQs: "All A-Series models come standard with recessed sockets. There are some cases where recessed sockets are not possible due to shape and size of ear, we will continue to make your product with the normal socket."
Yup A18 comes with Premium cable.
And A18 doesnt have recessed sockets.

Dec 28, 2017 at 10:39 PM Post #2,320 of 23,532
Why didnt contact them ? Mine came with standard. But they sent me the premium cable right away after i contacted them.

Is there difference between standard and premium except the hand made right angle connector? I didn't think there is one, is there?
Have noticed difference in sound quality using the premium over standard? If there is one, I would pursue in getting one.

Dec 28, 2017 at 10:54 PM Post #2,321 of 23,532
Is there difference between standard and premium except the hand made right angle connector? I didn't think there is one, is there?
Have noticed difference in sound quality using the premium over standard? If there is one, I would pursue in getting one.
Honestly, i haven’t used them. I’m a person don’t like stock cable and prefer after market ones. They’re still in the box right now. You should ask @twister6 about this.

Dec 28, 2017 at 11:22 PM Post #2,322 of 23,532

I'm not sure which standard cable is being used now, back when I reviewed U4SE/U6/U12 it was just a generic OFC cable. The Premium cable is low-resistance Silver Plated Copper (SPC) with a higher purity copper core.

Dec 29, 2017 at 12:21 AM Post #2,323 of 23,532
Here's how they describe these two cables...

"Ultra-low resistance, Silver-Plated Copper (SPC) cable" for both standard and premium.
"Hand-soldered 2-pin connectors and 3.5mm gold-plated connector" for premium only.

So I figured they are the same cable but different connector/2-pin. I myself rely on after market cable so if the premium cable's the same (cable-wise)
I wouldn't bother. The connector looks too bulky anyway.

Dec 29, 2017 at 4:23 AM Post #2,324 of 23,532
I have some experience with their premium / stock cables for the A18 - so I'll add in my experience.

I received the standard stock cable with my A18. When I contacted them, they indicated the premium cable comes with the U18 - and the standard cable comes with the A18. That said they graciously sent me the premium cable, and let me keep the standard cable, due to some specifics of my situation. Both were 3.5 mm.

Later, I purchased another premium cable with a 4.4 mm pentaconn. So I have two premium and one standard.

Honestly, the cables themselves (the premium vs standard A18 cable) - look exactly the same - outside of the termination. They also sound the same to me - though that doesn't mean they aren't different - but if I had my guess, they upgraded the standard cable with both the A18 and A12. I also can hear the difference between these cables and other cables. These cables sound better to me with the A18 than the ALO Ref 8 with every DAP I've tried, regardless of module, as the ALO Ref 8 sounds too bright (of course that's not to say that the Ref 8 isn't good, it just pairs better with a warmer IEM like my UE 18 to me - YMMV).

In regards to recessed sockets, there wasn't an option for that on the order page, however my CIEMs had recessed sockets - which is what I wanted anyway.

Incidentally - after extensive DAP hunting and tweaking I am using A18 w/M20 module > 64 Audio Premium Cable > AK SP1000. I also really like the A18 with the Ibasso DX200 - with the m15 module. I'm pretty much reserving the SP1000 for my A18 and using the DX200 with AMP 4 and (trans)portable headphones (i.e. Audeze Sine, MrSpeakers Aeon, LCD XC). with the 6 volt Amp 4 - I finally have a portable that can drive all these planars to their full potential - if I can't be tethered to a desk.

Also, @twister6 - any cable recommendations that sound similar to the 64 Audio premium, but better? Not trying to tilt the sound further warm/bright - just would like something else that is balanced 2.5 mm is more durable, and has the same sound signature as the 64 Audio cables.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2017 at 9:57 AM Post #2,325 of 23,532
@Drewligarchy
I'm using Double Helix Peptide hybrid SPC cable, balanced with Eidolic connectors (built by PeterK) with the U18t and Fourte, I do notice a slight change, they're a bit more 'forward' sounding. But more than that the quality of the cable is outstanding, I thought the cables that came with the Tour Fourte and U18t detracted from the whole package.
I'd highly recommend looking into the Double Helix cables, well worth the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back