The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Dec 28, 2017 at 5:59 AM Post #2,281 of 23,568
If you don't have any issues with iems fitting you get them, if you do have, or have had issues with iems fitting then wait for ciems.

not problem per se but i find that the seal is better with my ciem. also, i need to adjust frequently and i need to change the tips!

Dec 28, 2017 at 10:26 AM Post #2,282 of 23,568
Of those who've ordered a12t's; has anyone seen progress on their order?

I'm trying to be super patient, and failing pretty hard. We're entering week 4 (of the 4-5 week build timeline) and mine haven't advanced past the shell-print stage. :frowning2:

Dec 28, 2017 at 10:30 AM Post #2,283 of 23,568

I'm trying to be super patient, and failing pretty hard. We're entering week 4 (of the 4-5 week build timeline) and mine haven't advanced past the shell-print stage. :frowning2:
I've had mine on order for several weeks, but I was on vacations and couldn't send my molds until right before Christmas. But from memory, it moves really fast towards the end of the estimated build time.

Dec 28, 2017 at 10:40 AM Post #2,284 of 23,568

Same here, my a12tia production was started on 28Nov, 64audio explained that they need more build time for this whole new model. Try to forget about this purchase, feeling better.

Dec 28, 2017 at 11:05 AM Post #2,285 of 23,568
I've had mine on order for several weeks, but I was on vacations and couldn't send my molds until right before Christmas. But from memory, it moves really fast towards the end of the estimated build time.

Yea, from what I can tell that's the pattern. I got my molds in right away, ordered them black Friday. Unfortunately the only frame of reference I have is my wife's A6s. We both ordered them the same day. She's had hers for almost a week, while mine haven't advanced at all. Trying to be patient, but struggling.

Dec 28, 2017 at 11:12 AM Post #2,286 of 23,568
Same here, my a12tia production was started on 28Nov, 64audio explained that they need more build time for this whole new model. Try to forget about this purchase, feeling better.

Ah, looks like you're just ahead of me (started production 11/30). I'd reached out to them as well l and received the same non-answer. "The A12T's a new product and no rush option is available. We have quite a bit more experience building the a6." All fine and well, just curious what's going on (if stuff's backordered, if they're struggling, if my ears are too small, etc). Glad to know I'm not the only one!

Their email notifications don't seem to work, so I even wrote a bot to go to the website, check the status, and send me updates via Discord :beyersmile:

Dec 28, 2017 at 11:55 AM Post #2,287 of 23,568
In my case, the double flange silicone tips from 64 audio and the true fidelity foam tips works perfect for the treble of the U18.
I already have the balanced and unbalanced premium cable from 64 audio, and it works in a good way but they are a bit uncomfortable (the shape of the 2 pin connectors)....
Wich aftermarket cable is a good option for the U18s??
I’ve heard that the Effect audio Ares II is a good option...are the effect audio lionheart a better option??

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2017 at 12:21 PM Post #2,288 of 23,568
Ah, looks like you're just ahead of me (started production 11/30). I'd reached out to them as well l and received the same non-answer. "The A12T's a new product and no rush option is available. We have quite a bit more experience building the a6." All fine and well, just curious what's going on (if stuff's backordered, if they're struggling, if my ears are too small, etc). Glad to know I'm not the only one!

Their email notifications don't seem to work, so I even wrote a bot to go to the website, check the status, and send me updates via Discord :beyersmile:

They also reprinted my shells by using the new printed acrylic. Probably there is something different from the previous material.

Dec 28, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #2,289 of 23,568
They also reprinted my shells by using the new printed acrylic. Probably there is something different from the previous material.
Just today? Mine just got reprinted (got the notification just over an hour ago).

Can you tell me more about this "new acrylic"?

Dec 28, 2017 at 1:09 PM Post #2,290 of 23,568
I can confirm that. When I upgrade A12t to A18t, they said that now my order will be finish faster.

Dec 28, 2017 at 2:01 PM Post #2,294 of 23,568

Mine is changed to in production on 28th, and still on the same stage now.
I think it would perhaps be longer than 4-5 weeks, but I have great confidence to it.
With the new tia driver, it must be damn good!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back