The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Nov 7, 2022 at 1:32 PM Post #21,286 of 23,651
If Mundolf solder provides sound enhancements compared to what IEM makers traditionally use (and 64 have marketed it as such) why is it not used in all products at this price range? Not so much a slight at 64 audio as much as it is at any other IEM maker charging these sorts of prices in the high end segment that doesn’t implement it… just wondering why IEMs like the original forte / u18s etc don’t come with this as standard (besides the obvious slight bump on margins)?
AFAIK it’s awful to work with, but my info my be outdated

Nov 7, 2022 at 1:54 PM Post #21,287 of 23,651
If Mundolf solder provides sound enhancements compared to what IEM makers traditionally use (and 64 have marketed it as such) why is it not used in all products at this price range? Not so much a slight at 64 audio as much as it is at any other IEM maker charging these sorts of prices in the high end segment that doesn’t implement it… just wondering why IEMs like the original forte / u18s etc don’t come with this as standard (besides the obvious slight bump on margins)?
This line of reasoning could be applied to almost any component/process as it relates to almost any product. We choose to build things based on original design, production process, bill of materials, etc. When it is feasible to implement something new, meaning it adds enough value to the original without turning it into something new, then we try to do so. There will always be things we do with certain products that we will never do with others, and the opposite is also true; we implement positive changes when we can. The choice of solder for Blanc and Noir is a positive thing that we hope people will enjoy, it is not something we use in any of our other current products.

64 Audio Stay updated on 64 Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/64audio https://twitter.com/64audio https://instagram.com/64audio https://www.64audio.com/ info@64audio.com
Nov 7, 2022 at 2:25 PM Post #21,288 of 23,651
Really curious to hear the difference. Any graphs?

R.png

Nov 7, 2022 at 3:12 PM Post #21,289 of 23,651
Nov 7, 2022 at 3:58 PM Post #21,291 of 23,651
Shockingly good tonality with top-notch technical features.
I didn't need to directly compare my U12T for long to name the clear winner!
For the Blanc, I already have to get out my Utopia 2022 or the Susvara. Here I have to compare more but in total the Blanc is a masterpiece of 64 Audio without question!

Nov 7, 2022 at 4:36 PM Post #21,292 of 23,651
For the Blanc, I already have to get out my Utopia 2022 or the Susvara. Here I have to compare more but in total the Blanc is a masterpiece of 64 Audio without question!
Wow, this is great news. I am really looking forwards to hearing mine.

Nov 7, 2022 at 4:41 PM Post #21,293 of 23,651
Hope I will receive mine soon.
And that I will not be disappointed.

Nov 7, 2022 at 4:50 PM Post #21,294 of 23,651
Fourte has had a permanent position on my TT2. They will move to SP3000 and Blanc to TT2. Any opinions on the new cable?

Nov 7, 2022 at 5:07 PM Post #21,295 of 23,651
Fourte has had a permanent position on my TT2. They will move to SP3000 and Blanc to TT2. Any opinions on the new cable?
Interesting, what genre of music do you listen to with the Fourte and TT2? And do you prefer it more than the Odin with the TT2?
I had a chance to try the Odin with TT2/M-scaler, but unfortunately, someone had likely messed up the settings on the stores Hugo TT2 or -scaler to the point
that I really couldn't tell what I was listening to. I never went back to try it again, but I have always wondered about it. If the Fourte is
more to your liking, I may never need to think about the Odin again.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2022 at 5:10 PM Post #21,296 of 23,651
I found the SP3K smooth when I tried it few days ago, so Fourté OG should be a nice pairing I guess.

Nov 7, 2022 at 5:14 PM Post #21,297 of 23,651
Ok, I read some of your reviews, the gear you own/owned and have a look to the music you listen to.
You have my full attention now.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2022 at 6:10 PM Post #21,298 of 23,651
Interesting, what genre of music do you listen to with the Fourte and TT2? And do you prefer it more than the Odin with the TT2?
I had a chance to try the Odin with TT2/M-scaler, but unfortunately, someone had likely messed up the settings on the stores Hugo TT2 or -scaler to the point
that I really couldn't tell what I was listening to. I never went back to try it again, but I have always wondered about it. If the Fourte is
more to your liking, I may never need to think about the Odin again.
I enjoy progressive rock, electronic ambient and contemporary jazz. To my ears the Odin has a bit too much glare in the upper mids with the TT2. I love the Fourte’s bass and relaxed mids. Some say the highs are a bit much but to my old ears they seem quite smooth. The Odin is what I call an aggressive tuning. Great with electronic. With the Fourte/TT2 the iem disappears and the music takes over. If the Fourte tuning is to your liking then I feel with the TT2 it can be end game 😂

Nov 7, 2022 at 9:59 PM Post #21,299 of 23,651

so you feel it’s giving you an open back sound - it’s wide and good separation?

Tuning has been a little bit of a controversial topic for some of the 64audio’s (not u12t or u18t) - fourte reviews come to mind. So how’s the tuning? As I’d expect the soundstage to be very impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back