The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Aug 3, 2022 at 5:34 PM Post #20,796 of 23,673
Trio more bass than EE Evo? Hmmm. I love the Trio but I definitely didn’t think it was bassier than Evo.
same here...I didn't think the Trio was bassy at all. It was quite a pleasant sound signature actually...but I have problems with 64a Uni. I can't keep them in my ears, so I didn't pursue it more.

Aug 3, 2022 at 5:39 PM Post #20,797 of 23,673
same here...I didn't think the Trio was bassy at all. It was quite a pleasant sound signature actually...but I have problems with 64a Uni. I can't keep them in my ears, so I didn't pursue it more.

I found Trio bassy but it also has so much air too, it could be distracting. Yeah, 64 audio universals don’t stay in my ears either.

#WhereAreTheTubelessCIEMs 😤

Aug 3, 2022 at 7:36 PM Post #20,798 of 23,673
Aug 3, 2022 at 9:13 PM Post #20,799 of 23,673
Compared to the EVO, the Trio has more bass.
Yeah I don’t agree with this either, I think EVO is bassier but perhaps Trio has a touch more mid bass iirc.

Aug 3, 2022 at 10:42 PM Post #20,800 of 23,673
Funny you should ask as as I was having a time updating my folder last night.

When you add KaiserTone to your iPhone, you can then go to synch with your Mac or laptop. Once there, go to files. You should see KaiserTone and you can click the button to show any files. Then open another finder window ( you can use Music to get to the synch menu ) and you must drag and drop the hires file ( or files) into KaiserTone. Once you do that, do not do anything else till the folder shows up under KaiserTone. ( My Mac did not show anything was happening but it was copying the file.) Depending on the size this can take some time. My iPhone used to synch the file for me, but last night I found I had to delete the file and add it again to move my updates in. ( I had to use the shortcut Cmd + Delete in order to delete the folder. Right clicking did not work).

You can add multiple folders as well ( for example one for hdtracks, one for Chesky, etc). KaiserTone will order them for you. iTunes ( now the Music app) will not see them as they are not in the ITunes Music Folder).

I then use KaiserTone only for my hires music, though KaiserTone will also see all of your iTunes stored music should you want to use only KaiserTone.

Maybe someone more advanced than me has even a better way of doing it? Tks.
Here’s a LINK to instructions on adding FLAC files. It's super easy, and just as easy to remove a song or entire albums - just long press on the song/album cover to delete.

I've been pretty happy just using the RU6 + ddhifi OTG cable for work/travel with just the phone - the magnetic charging makes it easy to keep the songs going for a long time!

I think the U12T and the Trio complement each other - I bought them both with plans to sell off one. But I liked the U12T for critical listening and the Trio for fun. They are end game for now...at least until 64 Audio comes up with something new! I've been cable rolling to mix things up a bit...recently got a Horus and found it paired best with the U12T.

Aug 4, 2022 at 12:27 AM Post #20,801 of 23,673
Here’s a LINK to instructions on adding FLAC files. It's super easy, and just as easy to remove a song or entire albums - just long press on the song/album cover to delete.

I've been pretty happy just using the RU6 + ddhifi OTG cable for work/travel with just the phone - the magnetic charging makes it easy to keep the songs going for a long time!

I think the U12T and the Trio complement each other - I bought them both with plans to sell off one. But I liked the U12T for critical listening and the Trio for fun. They are end game for now...at least until 64 Audio comes up with something new! I've been cable rolling to mix things up a bit...recently got a Horus and found it paired best with the U12T.
Thanks for the link. I was explaining Option 1 in my previous post, but using Kaiserstone instead of VLC. Tks.

Aug 4, 2022 at 3:27 AM Post #20,802 of 23,673
There are tons of options to read FLAC files on your iOS device, just type “FLAC” in the App Store search bar :)

One solution that I find more polished is the VOX app
https://vox.rocks/iphone-music-player
They also have a have a cloud with unlimited storage where you can store all you FLAC, DSD and other HiRes files to play them on the go (of course you need a subscription for this)
https://vox.rocks/vox-player-premium

Users who are viewing this thread

Back