The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Nov 5, 2021 at 7:20 PM Post #18,903 of 23,560
Try changing the insertion depth of the modules. You can get vastly different soundstage depending on how far you insert it, even wirh the m20. And then you also get that bass
Wow thanks, this is great!

Nov 6, 2021 at 5:37 PM Post #18,904 of 23,560
Try changing the insertion depth of the modules. You can get vastly different soundstage depending on how far you insert it, even wirh the m20. And then you also get that bass
Intriguing idea. Not sure what to make of this, tho, as with both gaskets making contact the module is just about fully seated, and too loose for my comfort with only one gasket making contact. Not much room to play with -- maybe a millimeter? -- from both gaskets contacting vs fully seated. Is this what you mean?

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2021 at 8:49 AM Post #18,906 of 23,560
Trigger pulled on the Duo - awesome Black Friday deal @ hifiheadphones here in UK for £849.00

Excited to put them up against my Solaris 2020.

I should have mine today or tomorrow and am excited to compare them to my Dorado as they have the same driver config and many similarities in their FR.

Nov 9, 2021 at 8:49 AM Post #18,907 of 23,560
U12t incoming.

Looking forward to revisiting the new logo version of this one…

Nov 9, 2021 at 1:19 PM Post #18,909 of 23,560
Intriguing idea. Not sure what to make of this, tho, as with both gaskets making contact the module is just about fully seated, and too loose for my comfort with only one gasket making contact. Not much room to play with -- maybe a millimeter? -- from both gaskets contacting vs fully seated. Is this what you mean?
Actually Ive found that tiny amounts of depth make for big changes already. Im talking about from the point where both gaskets are sealing (furthest out), all the way to the most deep point the module can get(furthest in).

Since the adjustments are minute, I personally have found a couple of extra smaller o-rings that sit before the module (in the hole), so it is the same amount of distance on both IEMs. But I DO NOT recommend it since I'm sure it can void your warranty.

Just wanted to share my findings.

Nov 9, 2021 at 1:29 PM Post #18,910 of 23,560
Is there anyone that has heard both the CA Atlas and the Duo? I pulled my Atlas out last night and reminded myself why I have not sold them - but I’m a huge fan of the Apex system and I’m hoping that the Duo would be a suitable replacement…can anyone comment? Does the Duo match Atlas’s punch and wall of bass?

Nov 9, 2021 at 1:33 PM Post #18,911 of 23,560
Actually Ive found that tiny amounts of depth make for big changes already. Im talking about from the point where both gaskets are sealing (furthest out), all the way to the most deep point the module can get(furthest in).

Since the adjustments are minute, I personally have found a couple of extra smaller o-rings that sit before the module (in the hole), so it is the same amount of distance on both IEMs. But I DO NOT recommend it since I'm sure it can void your warranty.

Just wanted to share my findings.
I appreciate your attention to detail, placing smaller O-rings in the holes to ensure equal spacing of the modules. Not to mention, having thought of this in the first place. What do you think could void the warranty -- not being able to get the smaller O-rings out again, or possibly scratching the insides of the holes attempting to remove?

Nov 9, 2021 at 4:02 PM Post #18,912 of 23,560
Is there anyone that has heard both the CA Atlas and the Duo? I pulled my Atlas out last night and reminded myself why I have not sold them - but I’m a huge fan of the Apex system and I’m hoping that the Duo would be a suitable replacement…can anyone comment? Does the Duo match Atlas’s punch and wall of bass?
I used to own the atlas and currently own the duo. Though I sold the atlas long before I got the duo.

The duo is bassy, but I don't think it's really anywhere near as in your face as the bass on the atlas.

I will say though that I think the duo is likely better in almost every respect unless you are specifically looking for that big wall of bass kind of sound.

Nov 10, 2021 at 2:11 PM Post #18,914 of 23,560
Nov 10, 2021 at 2:38 PM Post #18,915 of 23,560
I appreciate your attention to detail, placing smaller O-rings in the holes to ensure equal spacing of the modules. Not to mention, having thought of this in the first place. What do you think could void the warranty -- not being able to get the smaller O-rings out again, or possibly scratching the insides of the holes attempting to remove?
I'd say there is a risk of damaging the inner parts if youre trying to remove an o-ring and scratch something, lets say.

But overall I just count this as a sort of modification and thus 64audio can deny warranty.

In the grand scheme of things I personally find it as a low risk procedure.

By the way, in case you're curious, I use a combination of flat metal o-rings and a rubber one, since that allows combining different thicknesses resulting in various insertion depths you can try to get the best (of the available) resulting sound.

One last side note, since I was so obsessed with getting the same distance on each module, (prior to coming up with the oring idea) I must have taken them out and in a bit too many times to the point where the rubber gaskets were sliding a bit too lightly for my taste. What I tried was swapping them for fresh new ones (from my unused m15) and also adding the tiniest amount of tape underneath the gasket, to increase their diameter so to speak. Now they fit very snugly and I remember the bass became more punchy and present.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back