The NEW Sansa Clip+
Apr 29, 2010 at 9:45 PM Post #121 of 154
Oh an Australian trying to buy a Clip+? So am I.
I plan on buying mine from SanDisk 8GB Sansa® Clip Plus MP3 Player (Black) Hot!! - eBay, iPod MP3 Players, Electronics. (end time 18-May-10 04:16:31 AEST) & bid on a 16gb microSD card from this seller eBay Australia Shop - Apus Auction Express II: Electronic, Flash Memory Card. I've seen them sell for $38.
This comes to a total of $130~ for a 24GB player. Sounds pretty good to me. If you search on ebay internationally for the Clip+ you can get them pretty cheap, where and how big you get the SD card from is up to you. I'm planning ebay because yet again, it's cheap.

Apr 30, 2010 at 4:11 AM Post #123 of 154
Thanks for the replies guys.

Yeah since I'm in Australia I'll be looking to buy on ebay since Australia doesn't seem to have an official distributor. Cheapest 8GBClip+ seems to be about $85AUD shipped like the one HeroKid quoted.

I guess my concerns about navigating have dissapeared
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 5, 2010 at 9:15 AM Post #125 of 154
Will putting Rockbox on the Clip+ change the SQ?
I got my Clip+ last week and it sounds great out of the box with both my Grado 80i and Koss Portapro.
My only concern is the first thought that my wife and i had when we looked at it for the first time: disposable mediaplayer.

Jun 5, 2010 at 9:49 AM Post #126 of 154
Quote:
Will putting Rockbox on the Clip+ change the SQ?
I got my Clip+ last week and it sounds great out of the box with both my Grado 80i and Koss Portapro.

Sounds great to me with OF (sansa's original firmware) or rockboxed.  Some say it sounds better.  Either way, the EQ and features are definitely better, and you can have your cake and eat it too because installing rockbox means you dual boot -- if you want the OF, all you have to do is hold the "home" button for a second or two while turning it on.

Quote:
My only concern is the first thought that my wife and i had when we looked at it for the first time: disposable mediaplayer.

They are built to last -- but if you are ever tempted to toss it into a landfill before the end of it's useful life, PM me first and I will promise you I will find it a good home. 
biggrin.gif

Aug 24, 2010 at 7:37 AM Post #131 of 154

[size=6.5pt][size=10pt]Hi[/size][/size]
[size=6.5pt] [/size]
[size=6.5pt][size=10pt]I have a sansa clip+ and just updated for the latest firmware.[/size][/size]
[size=6.5pt][size=10pt]The result was that the sound level turns very very low even at maximum volume.[/size][/size]
[size=6.5pt][size=10pt]With RE0 I can hardly hear it and before the "upgrade" it had a good and normal volume.[/size][/size]
[size=6.5pt][size=10pt]Has anyone experienced the same problem?[/size][/size]
[size=6.5pt][size=10pt]Can you help?[/size][/size]
[size=6.5pt][size=10pt]Regards[/size][/size]
[size=6.5pt] [/size]
[size=6.5pt] [/size]

Aug 24, 2010 at 10:02 AM Post #132 of 154
Did you select "Europe" as your region? That will set the volume to low. If you don't have Volume setting in settings(which should be set to high, if it's there) changing you region should fix it.

Aug 24, 2010 at 8:59 PM Post #133 of 154
My Clip+ 8GB freezes almost everytime I pull the clip. There must be some kind of bad contact inside. I have to activate the warranty... It's a pity 'cause I really like the player..

Aug 24, 2010 at 9:32 PM Post #134 of 154

Quote:
My Clip+ 8GB freezes almost everytime I pull the clip. There must be some kind of bad contact inside. I have to activate the warranty... It's a pity 'cause I really like the player..

Darn that sucks man; I had no idea the clip itself had anything to do with the internals; then again you can't really remove it; you kinda gotta take it apart and sand it down....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back