The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses.
May 29, 2013 at 9:40 PM Post #1,171 of 1,522
LOL! I'm totally satisfied with my budget koss headphones. :) Even if you spend $300 - $600, there's no guarantee you'll get better sound quality. :)

I get a weird sense of enjoyment watching you guys running around like chickens with your heads cut off.  
blink.gif

May 29, 2013 at 9:43 PM Post #1,172 of 1,522
Quote:
LOL! I'm totally satisfied with my budget koss headphones. :) Even if you spend $300 - $600, there's no guarantee you'll like them more. :)

I get a weird sense of enjoyment watching you guys running around like chickens with your heads cut off.  
blink.gif

FTFY.

May 29, 2013 at 10:34 PM Post #1,174 of 1,522
Quote:

Lol - good adjustment!

Quote:
LOL! I'm totally satisfied with my budget koss headphones. :) Even if you spend $300 - $600, there's no guarantee you'll get better sound quality. :)

blink.gif

Me? I have a split personality. Here's my newly mutilated Koss Sportapro's:

They sound fantastic. For the $25 CDN that I paid for them, I love them!

Which makes me completely laugh at the fool that is me for getting these..

and these

Hmm, the strange thing though is that they also sound fantastic (and yes, better than the Sportapro's), and for the money that I paid for them, I love them also!

Hmm, maybe Currawong is right, and maybe it all has more to do with how much you personally like your headphones... for whatever reasons matter to you.

May 30, 2013 at 1:13 AM Post #1,176 of 1,522
What is your assessment of the sportapro's before and after the mod? I don't have a drill so I'm likely to put the sportapro drivers on a parts express headband instead.

What are the two models of headphones pictured below the sportapro's?
Quote:

Lol - good adjustment!

Me? I have a split personality. Here's my newly mutilated Koss Sportapro's:

They sound fantastic. For the $25 CDN that I paid for them, I love them!

Which makes me completely laugh at the fool that is me for getting these..

and these

Hmm, the strange thing though is that they also sound fantastic (and yes, better than the Sportapro's), and for the money that I paid for them, I love them also!

Hmm, maybe Currawong is right, and maybe it all has more to do with how much you personally like your headphones... for whatever reasons matter to you.

May 30, 2013 at 6:49 AM Post #1,178 of 1,522
May 30, 2013 at 8:18 PM Post #1,181 of 1,522

Quote:
What is your assessment of the sportapro's before and after the mod? 

Much better. The bass is still big, but it's nicely controlled now and no longer boomy. Also, the detail in the mids and treble is brought out more. The sportapro's now are essentially a slightly darker version of the ksc75's (on headband). They don't have quite as much mid/treble detail as the ksc75's, but they have much more bass. Although I think that technically the ksc75's have better SQ, I am finding the modded sportapro's to be as enjoyable (if not more so) to listen to due to the fantastic bass. To me, they sound like the Senn PX100II's but better: the bass is tighter and more controlled (ie much less mid-bass hump and bleeding into the mids, brighter and more detailed mids and treble).

Quote:
I don't have a drill so I'm likely to put the sportapro drivers on a parts express headband instead.

Yes, give that a whirl. I tried it after drilling the holes in the driver covers, but I thought that the sound became a bit more unfocused and that the sportapro drivers benefit from the modded housings. Just like I found that the ksc75's sound better not being in a driver housing.

Quote:
What are the two models of headphones pictured below the sportapro's?

Those would be the ATH WS99 and the ATH AD900X. Both incredible headphones for the price.

Jun 14, 2013 at 12:16 AM Post #1,183 of 1,522
Quote:
The pads of the HD 25II go well?

I can't find who posted it but I saw someone who put their extra HD25-1 II pads on these.  He said it was a tight fit and took a while to get on.

Edit -- Disregard that last part.  I just put mine on in about 5 seconds.  So, yes, they fit perfectly and install easily.  
Edit 2 -- I also just performed the toilet paper mod.  There's a noticeable bass improvement.

Jun 15, 2013 at 2:08 PM Post #1,184 of 1,522
I can't find who posted it but I saw someone who put their extra HD25-1 II pads on these.  He said it was a tight fit and took a while to get on.

Edit -- Disregard that last part.  I just put mine on in about 5 seconds.  So, yes, they fit perfectly and install easily.  
Edit 2 -- I also just performed the toilet paper mod.  There's a noticeable bass improvement.
ooohhh... Glad someone liked my mod! It works pretty nice with felt and stuff too... Whatever you have that will dampen it the most! :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back