The New iRiver/Astell & Kern AK100: A High-End DAP
Jul 2, 2013 at 7:54 PM Post #6,346 of 9,165
Quote:
My apologies if this issue has already been clarified/resolved, but could someone give brief impressions and/or pros/cons of Listrid 2.0 versus iRiver 2.01? I am currently running an unmodded AK100 through an ALO International into a pair of FitEar TG334s through ALO SXC 24 cables with a mini-balanced connection. Current FW is 1.33.

Thanks.

Listrid vs Stock: When using listrid:
1. Bass improves like crazy. Very quick and aggressive.
2. Mid/High become kind of laid back.
3. Imaging and soundstage messes up.
4. UI is about the same, but listrid is slightly faster.
5. Listrid doesn't have the option of turn the volume boost on/off.

Apparently, many people like the sound of Listrid. Personally, I didn't like them. My setup was AK100-Leckerton UHA-6S.MKII-UERM. UERM is meant to be used with a flat source, and Listrid changed the flat signature of AK100. As Rudi mentioned, it could be a synergy issue, so I say try both the stock and listrid to see what you like better.

Jul 2, 2013 at 9:13 PM Post #6,348 of 9,165

Finally a dedicated line out

Jul 2, 2013 at 10:30 PM Post #6,350 of 9,165
Quote:
Overall yes, that sounds fair, but I for one would still like some brief impressions / comparisons with AK100 (and variants) just like when AK120 was new. Helps to understand if it's worth us considering the mod

...then subscribe to the new thread....

Also that would mean 2 threads talking about mostly the same thing:  firmwares, A&K issues, mods...

Huh...?

the S mod forces the unit to run in hardware mode...no firmware changes for the S that are gonna effect sound...what you get from Wolfson/RWA is what you get...end of it... 
what ak issues...?...any S owner burned their iRiver warranty and are dealing directly with RWA...and any issues are likely unique to the S...
what mods...?...again, i would safely assume any S owner that may or may not perform mods would be unique to the S and the S only...

obviously i disagree...the S is unique from the AK100 and modded variants...it becomes a portable source/dac that then requires amplification...i for one, am not interested in this thread becoming a portable amp comparison for the S...

Jul 2, 2013 at 10:43 PM Post #6,352 of 9,165
wladrus...any word on Listrid 3.0...?

Listrid 3.0 is out already? I'm only using 2.0 now. Loving it. Running it on my ue900 with lunes cable with my rsa predator. Patiently waiting for my jh16 with my twcu v3 to arrive before I give a final verdict. But as of now, I'm loving it. Bass is stronger ( bass heads will love this )

Jul 3, 2013 at 1:06 AM Post #6,353 of 9,165

wladrus...any word on Listrid 3.0...?

Hi! Listrid-3.0 will be a bit later. Listrid said that will not interfere with iriver. listrid -3.0 with usb dac can publish now, but listrid does not want to do that. Publication listrid-3.0 will be after the release of the official update iriver with usb dac. Many people like the sound of Listrid-fw. Everyone will be able to make a choice - listrid -3.0 usb dac or iriver - 2 .... usb dac

Jul 3, 2013 at 2:33 AM Post #6,355 of 9,165
Quote:

Hi! Listrid-3.0 will be a bit later.Listrid said that will not interfere with iriver.listrid -3.0 with usb dac can publish now, but listrid does not want to do that. Publication listrid-3.0 will be after the release of the official update iriver with usb dac.Many people like the sound of Listrid-fw. Everyone will be able to make a choice - listrid -3.0 usb dac or iriver - 2 .... usb dac

wow, great, i am curious waiting, may be 3.0 will be less aggressive sounding on my RWAK? 2.0 was fun but overly hot for my taste.

best wishes from here for Listrid, keep on great work.

Jul 3, 2013 at 2:56 AM Post #6,357 of 9,165
EDIT: I found the gapless setting - it's not under the main settings screen. You have to play a song and then from that screen, press the nut icon in the lower right corner. Then pick the first tab (looks like an equalizer).

I put v2.01 on my AK100 and my albums are still not gapless. Is there some setting I need to turn on to make it happen?

Jul 3, 2013 at 3:59 AM Post #6,359 of 9,165
Quote:
EDIT: I found the gapless setting - it's not under the main settings screen. You have to play a song and then from that screen, press the nut icon in the lower right corner. Then pick the first tab (looks like an equalizer).

I put v2.01 on my AK100 and my albums are still not gapless. Is there some setting I need to turn on to make it happen?

Edit: Ok, glad you found this already, yes Gapless is burried down in the EQ menu which you access from playback screen.
no idea why your 2.01 refuses Gapless.

Jul 3, 2013 at 9:45 AM Post #6,360 of 9,165
My apologies if this issue has already been clarified/resolved, but could someone give brief impressions and/or pros/cons of Listrid 2.0 versus iRiver 2.01? I am currently running an unmodded AK100 through an ALO International into a pair of FitEar TG334s through ALO SXC 24 cables with a mini-balanced connection. Current FW is 1.33.

Thanks.

My experience of the 334s with the Alo cable was that the lower mids and bass suffered some loss in it's punch that is not so with the 000. My thinking is that the somewhat powerful lower regions of Listrid 2.0 would be a good match for the Alo cabled 334. I have sold my alo cable, so this is just my thinking from my recollection with that setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back