The New iRiver/Astell & Kern AK100: A High-End DAP
May 30, 2013 at 7:52 AM Post #5,461 of 9,165
Congratulations again to the Russian programmer for doing iriver's job. I hope no one will blame him for bugs (especially if they are ak120 software bugs) as he took time to help the community and made a valuable contribution. Now if he could do a patch that shrinks the dx100 to half its size...

May 30, 2013 at 7:56 AM Post #5,462 of 9,165
Quote:
Congratulations again to the Russian programmer for doing iriver's job. I hope no one will blame him for bugs (especially if they are ak120 software bugs) as he took time to help the community and made a valuable contribution. Now if he could do a patch that shrinks the dx100 to half its size...

+1
and perhaps this will also help to give Iriver a good kick :-D

May 30, 2013 at 7:59 AM Post #5,463 of 9,165
Quote:

Shrinks to half its size? I am ok with the size, but battery life is bugging me. That's why I am interested in HDP R10, Japanese DX100.

May 30, 2013 at 8:16 AM Post #5,465 of 9,165
Quote:

The DX100 is kinda a  bomb though :p. I'm with mimou on size reduction.

Well of course it could be smaller but it is not the most important con for me 
happy_face1.gif
 Smaller is always better of course as long as we don't lose from anything. I remember ibasso saying, there is no room for bigger battery in DX100. Well, if they had built it smaller, even 7 hours could be a dream for us I guess.

May 30, 2013 at 8:21 AM Post #5,466 of 9,165
Quote:
Well of course it could be smaller but it is not the most important con for me 
happy_face1.gif
 Smaller is always better of course as long as we don't lose from anything. I remember ibasso saying, there is no room for bigger battery in DX100. Well, if they had built it smaller, even 7 hours could be a dream for us I guess.

My battery tended to drain before 8 or 9 hours. I think I generally got 5 hours up to 6 hours max. Being OCD didn't help things :p.

May 30, 2013 at 8:26 AM Post #5,467 of 9,165
Maybe a HDP R10 could help on battery problem? Somehow (there was a lot of technical discussion in the thread but I am not a tech guy, don't ask me) Hibino managed to give longer battery than ibasso.

Oh and something can be really interesting. Hibino also promised they will release and update that removes famous pop sound of the player. They had my curiosity, but now they have my attention 
wink.gif

May 30, 2013 at 8:29 AM Post #5,468 of 9,165
But I think the implementation of both devices are somewhat different. The batteries/voltages are not the same and I think that contributes in large part to the H10s longer battery life. I'm guessing the DX100 is more powerful and thus uses more energy. Then factor in the firmware on the Hibino is probably more efficient since it doesn't have all the garbage that comes on the stock DX100 firmware. Then the H10 may also have a different Op Amp?

May 30, 2013 at 8:36 AM Post #5,469 of 9,165
Quote:
But I think the implementation of both devices are somewhat different. The batteries/voltages are not the same and I think that contributes in large part to the H10s longer battery life. I'm guessing the DX100 is more powerful and thus uses more energy. Then factor in the firmware on the Hibino is probably more efficient since it doesn't have all the garbage that comes on the stock DX100 firmware. Then the H10 may also have a different Op Amp?

I guess so, yeah there is a different op amp. Well let's not ruin the AK100 thread but I can suggest you to check the HDP R10 appreciation thread I am sure you can find more information there which gives answers to your questions. I remember reading, someone said, as a standalone DAP, HDP R10 is slightly better than DX100 but if you gonna use it with an amp, take DX100, it gives you a better result.

Honestly, I wouldn't use such a big device with an external amp 
happy_face1.gif
 If Hibino really does what they promised (fixing the pop sound and delay), I think I am gonna pull the trigger for that, because HDP R10 is as good as DX100, if not better and we already know DX100 is an exceptional DAP with supreme abilities.

May 30, 2013 at 9:01 AM Post #5,471 of 9,165
My battery tended to drain before 8 or 9 hours. I think I generally got 5 hours up to 6 hours max. Being OCD didn't help things :p.

I wasn't even able to get up to 5 on a good day, and my FT334 isn't the most power hungry iem already. This, plus the UI lag, drove me to AK100

May 30, 2013 at 10:01 AM Post #5,472 of 9,165
Quote:
http://puu.sh/33P9h.png, this is the google preview text, there is also 3 links to this thread right after google search . I am just saying he should search first on google before just posting on the thread ,especially for easily searchable questions like this one

Excuse me, I really don't understand why I should search first on google before just posting on the thread. I thought that the answer should be only "yes" or "not" by someone who had really actually tried 64gb microsd . Only this. Excuse me. Bye

May 30, 2013 at 10:17 AM Post #5,473 of 9,165
Quote:
 Excuse me, I really don't understand why I should search first on google before just posting on the thread. I thought that the answer should be only "yes" or "not" by someone who had really actually tried 64gb microsd . Only this. Excuse me. Bye

because that way you can find your answer that have been asked again and again without actually posting in the thread , thus keeping the thread uncluttered for actual discussion or actual questions that people never ask before , especially when the first 4 google links gave you answers

May 30, 2013 at 10:26 AM Post #5,474 of 9,165
Quote:
I wasn't even able to get up to 5 on a good day, and my FT334 isn't the most power hungry iem already. This, plus the UI lag, drove me to AK100

I know this is the AK100 thread but I just want to say that my DX100 is consistently giving me about 7hrs of usage.

What is even more important to me is that the scrolling on the DX100 is so much better(smoother and faster) than the AK100. On my AK100, I struggle to scroll down or up when looking for my favourite album. It doesn't help that the screen size is smaller than the DX100. Even my friend who recently tried my AK100 also commented on the unresponsive screen of the DAP. I hope the AK120 has a more sensitive screen.

May 30, 2013 at 10:49 AM Post #5,475 of 9,165
I know this is the AK100 thread but I just want to say that my DX100 is consistently giving me about 7hrs of usage.

What is even more important to me is that the scrolling on the DX100 is so much better(smoother and faster) than the AK100. On my AK100, I struggle to scroll down or up when looking for my favourite album. It doesn't help that the screen size is smaller than the DX100. Even my friend who recently tried my AK100 also commented on the unresponsive screen of the DAP. I hope the AK120 has a more sensitive screen.

Yes I wish iriver will implement a speed scroll by alphabet like the all phones contact apps for song/album scrolling. I don't find the iriver screens unresponsive as in it fails to register my strokes but the smaller screen plus the leather case definitely restrict my finger movements.

DX100 is a great player and hope ibasso can perfect their firmware and Fix the annoying little things like the delay in playing a song or the pop issue for the dx50 (and dx100). ally exciting summer for headfiers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back