The New iRiver/Astell & Kern AK100: A High-End DAP
Dec 11, 2012 at 12:20 AM Post #781 of 9,165
Quote:
 ​
Ak 100 With The latest firm ware 1,20 on 10 of Dec 2012 has Sound Quality improvement
Direct With fit ear 334 Sound very good and very Black background , very dead silent noise .
biggrin.gif

Thanks for sharing.  Upgraded and definitely an improvement.   334 now sound cleaner and less congested.   

Dec 11, 2012 at 2:24 AM Post #784 of 9,165
Quote:
 ​
Ak 100 With The latest firm ware 1,20 on 10 of Dec 2012 has Sound Quality improvement
Direct With fit ear 334 Sound very good and very Black background , very dead silent noise .
biggrin.gif

I do not know what to make with your findings about the AK100, but it looks promising!!!

Dec 11, 2012 at 2:24 AM Post #785 of 9,165
Using a seperate amp takes it's main issue out of the equation.:bigsmile_face: it also makes it an inconvenient, fat 2 piece brick. fw update still won't change it's stand alone output impedance.:mad:  Nice to know it's that good as transport.

Yes You are right For 2 Pcs audio gear is invonvenient.
For Me i try many Way to get maximum Sound Quality :D

Dec 11, 2012 at 2:27 AM Post #786 of 9,165
Quote:
Using a seperate amp takes it's main issue out of the equation.
bigsmile_face.gif
it also makes it an inconvenient, fat 2 piece brick. fw update still won't change it's stand alone output impedance.
mad.gif
 Nice to know it's that good as transport.
Yes You are right For 2 Pcs audio gear is invonvenient.
For Me i try many Way to get maximum Sound Quality
biggrin.gif

Do you know which firmware the DX100 had??? 1.2.3 or 1.2.7

Dec 11, 2012 at 5:05 AM Post #789 of 9,165
Quote:
Yesterday 3 Of us done The audition between Ak 100 vs dx 100....

Glad I read this because I was just about to buy a DX100.   Now... I don't know anymore what I should buy !  
biggrin.gif

I have few questions:

- In set-up A ( AK100>Amp), what connection are you using ?  Does the AK100 has e REAL "line out"

- Does the AK100 support ALAC files ? 

- How convenient is the interface of the AK100 ?   Is it east to navigate through 1000 music files spread in dozen of playlists... or is it a pain ? 

- You mention that the AK100 is behind the DX100 when driving a LCD headphone direct.  But, should it be OK with a much more efficient headphone like the Audio Technica ATH-W3000ANV that I have ? 

And regarding "play lists", I have 2 specifics questions: 

- I have today 3000 music files well organized under iTune in several play lists, with some file being present in several playlists. This has been a lot of work...   So; is there a way to transfer my iTune library, WITH THE COMPLETE SOPHISTICATED "PLAYLIST STRUCTURE",  to the DX100.  This will save me 100's hours of selection work.

- As I said, under iTune, the same music files can be present in several different playlist ( slow music,  best off, 80's....).   If I do the same with the DX100, will the file be present only once on the  mass storage or several times ?  In other world, if a 20 Mo music file is present in 3 different playlists, will it take 20 Mo or 60 Mo (3 times) of the precious limited storage space ?

many thanks in advance for your estimated advices

Bertrand

Dec 11, 2012 at 7:08 AM Post #790 of 9,165
Quote:

Haven't been following the thread and don't know if these graphs from the German HiFi forum have already been posted.

Anyway, here we go...

AK100 + Shure SE425 (22 ohms)

AK100 + UE Triple.Fi 10 (32 ohms)

In comparison: iBasso DX100 + UE Triple.Fi 10

This is why I am just going to have  to go with the DX100. I am looking for a standalone, not to carry around a backpack full of gear. 

Dec 11, 2012 at 8:43 AM Post #791 of 9,165
Quote:
Glad I read this because I was just about to buy a DX100.   Now... I don't know anymore what I should buy !  
biggrin.gif

I have few questions:

- In set-up A ( AK100>Amp), what connection are you using ?  Does the AK100 has e REAL "line out"

- Does the AK100 support ALAC files ? 

- How convenient is the interface of the AK100 ?   Is it east to navigate through 1000 music files spread in dozen of playlists... or is it a pain ? 

- You mention that the AK100 is behind the DX100 when driving a LCD headphone direct.  But, should it be OK with a much more efficient headphone like the Audio Technica ATH-W3000ANV that I have ? 

And regarding "play lists", I have 2 specifics questions: 

- I have today 3000 music files well organized under iTune in several play lists, with some file being present in several playlists. This has been a lot of work...   So; is there a way to transfer my iTune library, WITH THE COMPLETE SOPHISTICATED "PLAYLIST STRUCTURE",  to the DX100.  This will save me 100's hours of selection work.

- As I said, under iTune, the same music files can be present in several different playlist ( slow music,  best off, 80's....).   If I do the same with the DX100, will the file be present only once on the  mass storage or several times ?  In other world, if a 20 Mo music file is present in 3 different playlists, will it take 20 Mo or 60 Mo (3 times) of the precious limited storage space ?

many thanks in advance for your estimated advices

Bertrand

Nope the AK100 doesn't have a Line out. Nor does it play ALAC. Also there are conflicting comments regarding the player as a another owner of the DX100 finds the DX100 clearly superior still. Also the DX100 is more powerful so better suited to both IEMs with its low output impedance and power hungry cans. The DX100 loses out on UI and portability. That's about it.

Dec 11, 2012 at 11:39 AM Post #792 of 9,165
Hi Bertrand 

Please see Ak 100 Specification from their website :

[td=colspan:6]  

[size=small]Audio Performance

[/td] [td] [size=small] 
[/td] [/size] [td=colspan:6] [size=small]Frequency Response [/td] [td] [size=small]10Hz to 20kHz +/-0.02dB (24bit 48kHz, No Load)[/size][/td] [/size] [td=colspan:6] [size=small]Signal to Noise Ratio [/td] [td] [size=small]110dB (1kHz 0dB, 24bit 48kHz, No Load)[/size][/td] [/size] [td=colspan:6] [size=small]Crosstalk  [/td] [td] [size=small]-120dB (1kHz 0dB, 24bit 48kHz, No Load)[/size][/td] [/size] [td=colspan:6] [size=small]THD+N  [/td] [td] [size=small]0.0009% (1kHz 0dB, 24bit 48kHz, No Load)[/size][/td] [/size] [td=colspan:6] [size=small]IMD SMPTE [/td] [td] [size=small]0.003% (24bit 48kHz, No Load)[/size][/td] [/size] [td=colspan:6] [size=small]  [/td] [td] [size=small] [/size][/td] [/size] [td=colspan:6] [size=small]Clock Source  [/td] [td] [size=small] [/size][/td] [/size] [td=colspan:6] [size=small]Clock Jitter [/td] [td] [size=small]90 ps[/size][/td] [/size] [td=colspan:6] [size=small]  [/td] [td] [size=small] [/size][/td] [/size] [td=colspan:6] [size=small]Battery  [/td] [td] [size=small] [/size][/td] [/size] [td=colspan:6] [size=small]Capacity [/td] [td] [size=small]2,000 mAh 3.7V Li-Polymer Battery[/size][/td] [/size] [td=colspan:6] [size=small]Continuous Playback Time [/td] [td] [size=small]Up to 16 hours (Standard - MUSIC: FLAC, 16bit, 44kHz, Volume 37, EQ Off, LCD Off)[/size][/td] [/size] [td=colspan:6] [size=small]Charge Time [/td] [td] [size=small]About 5 hours[/size][/td] [/size] [td=colspan:6] [size=small]  [/td] [td] [size=small] [/size][/td] [/size] [td=colspan:6] [size=small]Memory [/td] [td] [size=small] [/size][/td] [/size] [td=colspan:6] [size=small]Built-in Memory [/td] [td] [size=small]32 GB [NAND][/size][/td] [/size] [td=colspan:6] [size=small]External Memory  [/td] [td] [size=small]Micro SD (Max 32GB) x 2 [/size][/td] [/size]
[/size]  
Ak 100 has less power than dx 100 , to drive LCD 2 rev 2

About the Playlist , i can not answer now , because i just got one day

With the latest firmware SQ is very good to my fit ear 334

i think for your Ath anz 3000 , if you buy Ak 100 you need additional amp , like my set up A

Dec 11, 2012 at 1:25 PM Post #793 of 9,165
Quote:
Hi Bertrand 

Please see Ak 100 Specification from their website :

[td=colspan:6]  

[size=small]Audio Performance

[/td] [td] [size=small] 
[/td] [/size] [td=colspan:6] [size=small]Frequency Response [/td] [td] [size=small]10Hz to 20kHz +/-0.02dB (24bit 48kHz, No Load)[/size][/td] [/size] [td=colspan:6] [size=small]Signal to Noise Ratio [/td] [td] [size=small]110dB (1kHz 0dB, 24bit 48kHz, No Load)[/size][/td] [/size] [td=colspan:6] [size=small]Crosstalk  [/td] [td] [size=small]-120dB (1kHz 0dB, 24bit 48kHz, No Load)[/size][/td] [/size] [td=colspan:6] [size=small]THD+N  [/td] [td] [size=small]0.0009% (1kHz 0dB, 24bit 48kHz, No Load)[/size][/td] [/size] [td=colspan:6] [size=small]IMD SMPTE [/td] [td] [size=small]0.003% (24bit 48kHz, No Load)[/size][/td] [/size] [td=colspan:6] [size=small]  [/td] [td] [size=small] [/size][/td] [/size] [td=colspan:6] [size=small]Clock Source  [/td] [td] [size=small] [/size][/td] [/size] [td=colspan:6] [size=small]Clock Jitter [/td] [td] [size=small]90 ps[/size][/td] [/size] [td=colspan:6] [size=small]  [/td] [td] [size=small] [/size][/td] [/size] [td=colspan:6] [size=small]Battery  [/td] [td] [size=small] [/size][/td] [/size] [td=colspan:6] [size=small]Capacity [/td] [td] [size=small]2,000 mAh 3.7V Li-Polymer Battery[/size][/td] [/size] [td=colspan:6] [size=small]Continuous Playback Time [/td] [td] [size=small]Up to 16 hours (Standard - MUSIC: FLAC, 16bit, 44kHz, Volume 37, EQ Off, LCD Off)[/size][/td] [/size] [td=colspan:6] [size=small]Charge Time [/td] [td] [size=small]About 5 hours[/size][/td] [/size] [td=colspan:6] [size=small]  [/td] [td] [size=small] [/size][/td] [/size] [td=colspan:6] [size=small]Memory [/td] [td] [size=small] [/size][/td] [/size] [td=colspan:6] [size=small]Built-in Memory [/td] [td] [size=small]32 GB [NAND][/size][/td] [/size] [td=colspan:6] [size=small]External Memory  [/td] [td] [size=small]Micro SD (Max 32GB) x 2 [/size][/td] [/size]
[/size]  
Ak 100 has less power than dx 100 , to drive LCD 2 rev 2

About the Playlist , i can not answer now , because i just got one day

With the latest firmware SQ is very good to my fit ear 334

i think for your Ath anz 3000 , if you buy Ak 100 you need additional amp , like my set up A

Thanks for the infos.

So now I just need someone to  answer to my 2 "play list" questions.:)

Dec 11, 2012 at 2:54 PM Post #795 of 9,165
Quote:

Nope the AK100 doesn't have a Line out. Nor does it play ALAC. Also there are conflicting comments regarding the player as a another owner of the DX100 finds the DX100 clearly superior still. Also the DX100 is more powerful so better suited to both IEMs with its low output impedance and power hungry cans. The DX100 loses out on UI and portability. That's about it.

According to both the iRiver web site, and the jack visible in pictures, there is a line out. Is it not a true line out, or something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back