The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
Nov 16, 2014 at 9:12 PM Post #3,797 of 4,956
I searched but didn't find much. Anyone with a GR07 Classic and the VSD3S? How much different from each other are they?

From ljokerl's brief review (Maybe you've already seen this)

The GR07 Classic is to the VSD3S what the VSD3S is to the VSD1S. Both provide that quintessential VSonic signature but the GR07 boasts a clearer, more neutral sound with tighter bass. Bass quantity lags behind the VSD3S, but the GR07 Classic has less midbass and simply more refined lows overall. The midrange of the VSD3S is a little muddier and more muffled, whereas the GR07 sounds more natural.

http://theheadphonelist.com/brief-impressions-vsonic-vsd3s-ostry-kc06-havi-b3-pro/

Nov 17, 2014 at 6:39 AM Post #3,799 of 4,956
  Thanks. But I was looking for another opinion than joker's.

Is the GR07 Classic really worth the upgrade for someone who already has the VSD3S?

I have the BE, it is better than the VSD3S at most things, but slightly worse in a couple of things such as comfort, soundstage, and mid range (the Classic may be better). Is it worth the upgrade? It depends what that improvement is worth to you. YMMV 

Nov 17, 2014 at 6:42 AM Post #3,800 of 4,956
I have the BE, it is better than the VSD3S at most things, but slightly worse in a couple of things such as comfort, soundstage, and mid range (the Classic may be better). Is it worth the upgrade? It depends what that improvement is worth to you. YMMV 

Huh? The mids of the VSD3(S) is recessed. I haven't heard the GR07, but I'm pretty sure it's partially known for its good performance in the mids.

Nov 17, 2014 at 6:44 AM Post #3,801 of 4,956
  Thanks. But I was looking for another opinion than joker's.

Is the GR07 Classic really worth the upgrade for someone who already has the VSD3S?

It should be simply because it costs half and made by same company.
Other thing being all reviews point to this.I cannot confirm as i have only mk2.

And ce is different from mk2,mind u

Nov 17, 2014 at 6:46 AM Post #3,802 of 4,956
Huh? The mids of the VSD3(S) is recessed. I haven't heard the GR07, but I'm pretty sure it's partially known for its good performance in the mids.

Sorry I was talking about the GR07BE with its slightly recessed mids, I found the VSD3S mids to be more forward and have a better texture than the BE, apart from that and soundstage, the BE outperforms the VSD3S in every other way

Nov 17, 2014 at 6:48 AM Post #3,803 of 4,956

It should be simply because it costs half and made by same company.
Other thing being all reviews point to this.I cannot confirm as i have only mk2.

And ce is different from mk2,mind u

Is it a different sound?

Nov 17, 2014 at 7:02 AM Post #3,805 of 4,956
  Is it a different sound?

yes i got an email from lmue as i want a replacement for my mk2 and they told me that ce has less forward mids.
I posted exact correspondence in gr07 thread yesterday.

This clears up the suspense,,the tuning is different.

Nov 17, 2014 at 7:04 AM Post #3,806 of 4,956
  Actually, i have the T-PEOS Altone 200. I was looking for a good dynamic driver. The BA can sound a little metalic. But with the propper tips that is reduced.

Check this out: http://theheadphonelist.com/brief-impressions-vsonic-gr07-classic-plus-warning/

Based on reviews after u got altone 200,,u should be aiming at 400-500$ iem for upgrade whether ba or dynamic.
Vsd3 shouldn't even come close and it would not.

I have yet to listen to a giant killer iem and i have had vc02,havi b3 and mh1.
None can even stand to gr07,forget about altone which is a step up further.

Nov 17, 2014 at 7:13 AM Post #3,807 of 4,956

Yeah, both vsd3s and gr07 have laid back mids. It generally depends\on what are you used to and what are you comparing to as if you're coming from quite recessed mids then they might feel more forward to you. 

Nov 17, 2014 at 7:20 AM Post #3,808 of 4,956
  Yeah, both vsd3s and gr07 have laid back mids. It generally depends\on what are you used to and what are you comparing to as if you're coming from quite recessed mids then they might feel more forward to you. 

I think mk2 is pretty competitive vs what other stuff i have.If vc02 is considered neutral then gr07 certainly does not have recessed mids.So it depends on reference really.
But one thing is certain,,the performance of gr07 as a whole is very good if u get proper fit(which i never got after trying 30-40 tips).........and of course if u can tolerate annoying sibilance
wink.gif

Nov 17, 2014 at 7:39 AM Post #3,809 of 4,956
i've just got my hands on VSD3S. i don't understand, there's not any single difference between VSD3 & S. i wasn't expecting much difference of course but expecting a small difference at least. frequency balance is the same (moderate amplification on 125-250-500hz), soundstage is the same, frequency seperation & positioning is the same, max bass capacity is the same, treble clarity is the same... vocal presentation is the same, vocals a little small sounding and treble does not involve much with vocals, just like the VSD3. everything is same so if there's really a difference between this two, it must be really really unsignificant but i'll prefer the S version from now on.

i did switched from havi to vsd3s. i immediately noticed treble is not clear enough, havi's seperation is clearly superior. havi's highs involving more with the vocals and of course mid layering is superior in the havi. so vsd's advantages are, the deep bass, the strong bass (drums etc.) and the absence of amplification need. i don't see any advantage in vocals or treble. mids are still sounding dull in the havi but it is superior overall imho. i'm eager to compare vsd3s with amplificated havi :)

Nov 17, 2014 at 7:40 AM Post #3,810 of 4,956

I think mk2 is pretty competitive vs what other stuff i have.If vc02 is considered neutral then gr07 certainly does not have recessed mids.So it depends on reference really.
But one thing is certain,,the performance of gr07 as a whole is very good if u get proper fit(which i never got after trying 30-40 tips).........and of course if u can tolerate annoying sibilance
wink.gif

Well, as I said - laid back. It's when you compare it to flatter stuff when the difference is more apparent. For instance, if you compare gr07 to something like Noble 4. Vc02 has a big dip in the upper mids/lower treble that makes it sound a bit hollow.But yeah, for the money gr07 is a very good performer. It falls short in direct comparison to higher-end competitors but it's not really fair to put it against more expensive stuff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back