The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
Nov 17, 2014 at 7:45 AM Post #3,811 of 4,956
  Well, as I said - laid back. It's when you compare it to flatter stuff when the difference is more apparent. For instance, if you compare gr07 to something like Noble 4. Vc02 has a big dip in the upper mids/lower treble that makes it sound a bit hollow.But yeah, for the money gr07 is a very good performer. It falls short in direct comparison to higher-end competitors but it's not really fair to put it against more expensive stuff

Yes thats for sure,,i was more into sub 200$ category in this.Even here altone will probably sound better,even vc1000 in mids

Nov 17, 2014 at 7:56 AM Post #3,812 of 4,956

Yes thats for sure,,i was more into sub 200$ category in this.Even here altone will probably sound better,even vc1000 in mids

Well, as usual sound signature and presentation depend on personal preference and the type of music you listen to. What I consider very recessed can be totally fine for someone else. Even in the sub-$200 range what one considers great can be less impressive for someone else. The twfk-based iems for instance, I'm 100% sure there will be a lot of people who won't like vc1000, b2, r-50 etc. Some people might prefer the very smooth and natural sounding brainwavz R3 in comparison - it might not be as clear as some of the competitors but makes a lot of them sound artificial and recessed in comparison. But someone else might find the R3 boring and so on. So aside from technical abilities "sounds better" can be a very individual thing.

Nov 17, 2014 at 9:07 AM Post #3,813 of 4,956

Based on reviews after u got altone 200,,u should be aiming at 400-500$ iem for upgrade whether ba or dynamic.
Vsd3 shouldn't even come close and it would not.

I have yet to listen to a giant killer iem and i have had vc02,havi b3 and mh1.
None can even stand to gr07,forget about altone which is a step up further.

You say B3 Pro I is somehow inferior to GR07?

I also have the Havi. Really like them. And stopped using the FiiO E6 with them, just doubled the volume at source with no amp. I'm waiting for foam tips because the treble can be agressive with silicon's. And even worse with FiiO E6. Meelec single flange (medium) surprisingly tame a little the high frequencies in these. And also in Altone 200, which i'm using now for some time and didn't get much fatigated. But VSD3S get me less tired and are very confortable...

I'm not looking for an Altone substitute or upgrade. I already know it's Fidue A83 and they're not really a direct substitute in sound signature. But first was thinking about getting the VC1000 for fuller mids...And was wondering how a good dynamic might sound...The VSD3S is very interesting but i know they're not it. They have nice detail but sound a little muddy or veiled...Was thinking how GR07 Classic should be...

Liked this impression by joker comparing to mkI: "The GR07 Classic sounds a touch more full-bodied, with greater note thickness throughout. It is also smoother through the upper midrange and treble, again only just." By what i read from you, the mkII should have more forward mids comparing to Classic?

Nov 17, 2014 at 9:12 AM Post #3,814 of 4,956

You say B3 Pro I is somehow inferior to GR07?

I also have the Havi. I'm waiting for foam tips because the treble can be agressive with silicon's. Meelec single flange (medium) surprisingly tame a little the high frequencies in these. And also in Altone 200, which i'm using now for some time and didn't get much fatigated.

I'm not looking for an Altone substitute or upgrade. I already know it's Fidue A83 and they're not really a direct substitute in sound signature. But first was thinking about getting the VC1000 for fuller mids...And was wondering how a good dynamic might sound...The VSD3S is very interesting but i know they're not it. They have nice detail but sound a little muddy or veiled...Was thinking how GR07 Classic should be...

Liked this impression by joker comparing to mkI: "The GR07 Classic sounds a touch more full-bodied, with greater note thickness throughout. It is also smoother through the upper midrange and treble, again only just." By what i read from you, the mkII should have more forward mids comparing to Classic?

Yes it unquestionably is.................

More refined
Better quality bass(probably the best quality in 200$ apart from maybe be version)
Much better and black background,,,,(otherwise without direct comparison side by side even havi feel totally black)
More coherence in mids.Due to more wider soundstage havi feel a bit more disconnected to me.

Havi is easy on the ears with no treble peaks,no sibilance.It has much better isolation and fit for me.The soundstage is wider but not deeper than gr07.The biggest advantage is no sibilance so u can really push the volume up,,it may seem like no advantage but u cannot do this with gr07 due to sharp treble and sibilance and this is bothersome in some slow tracks.

As for mk2 vs classic,,,no one has directly compared them side by side.I was referring to email i got from lend me ur ears where they claimed that mk2 has more forward mids.

Nov 17, 2014 at 9:43 AM Post #3,816 of 4,956
  I was almost decided to buy GR07 Classic before. At that time i read that with about 200 hour of burn in, the sibilance and the sharp treble smooths a little on them...

Well, since gr07's release there have been a lot of claims about burn-in for hundreds of hours and miracles happening but honestly I remember that after 200 hours on my mk2 if there was any smoothing it was very very slight.

Nov 17, 2014 at 9:44 AM Post #3,817 of 4,956
  Well, since gr07's release there have been a lot of claims about burn-in for hundreds of hours and miracles happening but honestly I remember that after 200 hours on my mk2 if there was any smoothing it was very very slight.

0 burn in effect.
Whatever happens happens due to brain burn in.

I did not use mine for a month and sibilance was back 100%.

Nov 17, 2014 at 9:58 AM Post #3,818 of 4,956

0 burn in effect.

It was the same for me as well. Going back from a non VSonic IEM made me see how sharp that treble could be. 
  I was almost decided to buy GR07 Classic before. At that time i read that with about 200 hour of burn in, the sibilance and the sharp treble smooths a little on them...

The Classic and MK2 are the same general sound signature. Airlight says all four of his sound minutely different but hold the same general FR curve. I wouldn't get caught up over the MKII vs CE thing. There have been others that say they're exactly the same with only small differences. I think it's all unit variation rather than a different overall sound. In regard to the VSD3S vs GR07, lots of people have compared them in this thread, so just chack in the search feature. TL;DR, I find the only area the VSD3S wins at is more 3D presentation. Other than that the GR07 is the winner in every category. 

Nov 17, 2014 at 10:05 AM Post #3,819 of 4,956

It was the same for me as well. Going back from a non VSonic IEM made me see how sharp that treble could be. 

The Classic and MK2 are the same general sound signature. Airlight says all four of his sound minutely different but hold the same general FR curve. I wouldn't get caught up over the MKII vs CE thing. There have been others that say they're exactly the same with only small differences. I think it's all unit variation rather than a different overall sound. In regard to the VSD3S vs GR07, lots of people have compared them in this thread, so just chack in the search feature. TL;DR, I find the only area the VSD3S wins at is more 3D presentation. Other than that the GR07 is the winner in every category. 

I don't understand why people think an iem made by same company with a detachable cable(increasing the costs) and still costing 1/2 of the other made by same company would have any chance of being better than latter.It just is preposterous.

Its like hoping ie80>ie800.

Not gonna happen guys,,i really want it to but not gonna happen
biggrin.gif

Nov 17, 2014 at 10:14 AM Post #3,820 of 4,956

I don't understand why people think an iem made by same company with a detachable cable(increasing the costs) and still costing 1/2 of the other made by same company would have any chance of being better than latter.It just is preposterous.

Its like hoping ie80>ie800.

Not gonna happen guys,,i really want it to but not gonna happen
biggrin.gif

Technically, vsd3/s is like 1/5 of the original gr07 price. Even with the lowered price and CE being released that\s just lowering the price of a product that was providing quite the bang for the buck to begin with. Vsd3/s was never intended to replace gr07 or compete with it - that's vsd7's job if vsonic ever fixes its issue with the shortage of manpower and starts manufacturing the new products.

Nov 17, 2014 at 10:21 AM Post #3,821 of 4,956

0 burn in effect.

I heard them move a little but the sibilance was never gone for me. Probably because I listen to a lot of different stuff but I didn't see myself acclimating.

Nov 17, 2014 at 10:37 AM Post #3,822 of 4,956
The VSD3S must have less sharp treble and sibilance than the GR07 Classic...They sound non fatigating to me even listening for several hours. But i know that a little sibilance is there sometimes. They sound easy listening on this aspect for me...And for you? 

Nov 17, 2014 at 11:43 AM Post #3,823 of 4,956
Not all vsonic are sibilant,,,vc02 has pretty much low sibilance.

Nov 17, 2014 at 11:44 AM Post #3,824 of 4,956
  I heard them move a little but the sibilance was never gone for me. Probably because I listen to a lot of different stuff but I didn't see myself acclimating.

exactly,,,,for brain burn in u have to listen to same iem for extended durations without any contrasting iem

Nov 17, 2014 at 11:54 AM Post #3,825 of 4,956
exactly,,,,for brain burn in u have to listen to same iem for extended durations without any contrasting iem

I do that for a week when testing, and then after that they cycle into my daily rotation where I swap between 2-3 iems consistently through the day. The VSD3 is one I always enjoy getting back to. Those and the KZ Micro Ring are my favs ATM. Both are beautiful iems with spacious, enveloping soundstages with deep bass, energetic but non-fatiguing treble, and slightly recessed mids. Great for long listening sessions :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back