The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
Nov 17, 2014 at 3:47 PM Post #3,826 of 4,956
Anyone using crossfeed with these? I eq the mids up while bass and treble get bumped down a little :blush:

Nov 18, 2014 at 2:31 AM Post #3,829 of 4,956
Good news. Sounds like I might be getting a replacement pair of VSD3S with fixed cable soon to replace my pair with connector problems. When I receive them, I'll report back on fixed cable VSD3S if someone else hasn't already.

Great news! Best part is that they are using the silver replacement cable instead of the old stock cable, which should theoretically improve the sound quality some. 
beerchug.gif

Nov 18, 2014 at 2:44 PM Post #3,832 of 4,956
Personally, I find this decision to back down from detachable cables pretty disappointing. I would rather they fix the problem instead of skirt around it is it is a great feature and pretty unique to the price range.

No real point in the detachable cables since the only replacement cable available almost costs as much as the headphones themselves. 

Nov 18, 2014 at 4:18 PM Post #3,834 of 4,956
Personally, I find this decision to back down from detachable cables pretty disappointing. I would rather they fix the problem instead of skirt around it is it is a great feature and pretty unique to the price range.

That's exactly how they "fixed" the problem, not more RC
wink.gif
  Looks like a detachable cable was an added value for sub $100 IEMs like IM50/IM70 or SE215, but not VSD3x.

Nov 19, 2014 at 9:21 AM Post #3,836 of 4,956
  No real point in the detachable cables since the only replacement cable available almost costs as much as the headphones themselves. 

That's because they choose to price them that way. Why fix the problem when it can be avoided (fixed cables)? Laziness. If you are going to go through the effort to design them that way in the first place, market it, build up hype, then under deliver (which is not what I experienced with mine btw...they've been perfect so far *knock on wood*) stick by the decision and make it work. They are a very capable company, and could definitely do it. As I said before, disappointing.

Nov 19, 2014 at 2:52 PM Post #3,839 of 4,956
Finally received word from penonaudio and I will be receiving the new VSD3S non detachable version. Which explains why it took so long to receive an exchange; definitely going to order from penonaudio again !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back