The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Feb 14, 2023 at 1:53 PM Post #6,571 of 6,859
Hi,
I'm using r3 pro saber 2022 for 2 weeks and i have a question. I don't know it's about r3 or whole hiby daps( hibyOS) but i can't find a way to operate shuffle now playing list.
Shuffle itself works fine but i want to scroll through already shuffled now playing list. Is there any way to use that way? My old player sony nw a55 has this.

TL;DR What i want is shuffled now playing list because i trust RNG GOD :D

Feb 20, 2023 at 9:03 AM Post #6,572 of 6,859
With firmware v2.0 for R3Pro the new switch is appeared: System Settings->Music database update mode->MQA decoder detection.
What does that switch stands for? Is it external USB DAC related?
v2.0.png

Feb 20, 2023 at 9:27 AM Post #6,573 of 6,859
With firmware v2.0 for R3Pro the new switch is appeared: System Settings->Music database update mode->MQA decoder detection.
What does that switch stands for? Is it external USB DAC related?
v2.0.png
"This new feature will automatically detect MQA music files when its turned on, on the expense of a slightly longer music scanning time." So, leave this feature OFF, if you don't have MQA files.

Feb 21, 2023 at 5:58 PM Post #6,574 of 6,859
Hi,
I'm using r3 pro saber 2022 for 2 weeks and i have a question. I don't know it's about r3 or whole hiby daps( hibyOS) but i can't find a way to operate shuffle now playing list.
Shuffle itself works fine but i want to scroll through already shuffled now playing list. Is there any way to use that way? My old player sony nw a55 has this.

TL;DR What i want is shuffled now playing list because i trust RNG GOD :D
Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

Feb 26, 2023 at 4:33 PM Post #6,577 of 6,859
Quick question.
Is your R3 as voracious as mine?

I recently replaced the memory card. And the new one I inserted works with the player, but it cannot be removed. I tried to push it in deeper to trigger the mechanism that releases it out, but now it's sitting deep and not moving at all. I can neither push it in nor take it out because there is no way to get it to come out.

Mar 7, 2023 at 8:15 AM Post #6,578 of 6,859
Quick question.
Is your R3 as voracious as mine?

I recently replaced the memory card. And the new one I inserted works with the player, but it cannot be removed. I tried to push it in deeper to trigger the mechanism that releases it out, but now it's sitting deep and not moving at all. I can neither push it in nor take it out because there is no way to get it to come out.
I had this issue with my iBasso DX150. Instead of trying to push it deeper or pull it out, I used a small flat head screwdriver and pushed the SD card up and down to jiggle it back into the push-out mechanism. Worked better than I thought, hope it works for the R3 as well.

Quick question from myself as well. Just got a R3 Pro Saber for a good price. Not too many 2.5mm players these days.
Is there any way to have long song titles or artist names scroll sideways on the now-playing screen? Seems like any long text just gets cut off and doesn't scroll to show the full text.

Mar 7, 2023 at 4:33 PM Post #6,579 of 6,859
I had this issue with my iBasso DX150. Instead of trying to push it deeper or pull it out, I used a small flat head screwdriver and pushed the SD card up and down to jiggle it back into the push-out mechanism. Worked better than I thought, hope it works for the R3 as well.
Thank you. I will try to do that. I hope it helps.

Apr 18, 2023 at 4:27 AM Post #6,580 of 6,859
Perhaps a stupid question, but one that has been in my mind for a while... do you think it consumes more battery in low gain or high gain for the same volume? By logic it should consume the same or am I wrong?

Apr 18, 2023 at 4:29 AM Post #6,581 of 6,859
Perhaps a stupid question, but one that has been in my mind for a while... do you think it consumes more battery in low gain or high gain for the same volume? By logic it should consume the same or am I wrong?
Same, it's the amount power drown out determining how fast it gets empty.

Used my unit for lots of burn in and the drain is the same low and high gain same volume.

Apr 19, 2023 at 2:22 AM Post #6,582 of 6,859
Do you know which R3 Pro Saber sounds better? The one to which the best IEMs on the planet are connected.
:wink:

jewel2.jpg

May 4, 2023 at 5:02 PM Post #6,583 of 6,859
Custom 3.4 Firmware

3.4 International ver. (from Kickstarter etc., aka "bar version");
3.4 Chinese ver. (from JD etc., aka "slash version". Rename the file to r3.upt before updating)

Note: to find out which version of player you have, on original FW you should open "About" page and see what sign (bar or slash) stays between free and whole memory in "Capacity" line.

1. corrected translation (Russian and English),
2. replaced the font with a new one by XVortex,
3. customized both themes (some pictures, icons, their locations, etc. were replaced), increased font size in some layouts, main screen of the second theme is based on Hexagon theme by Steven Van Geert,
4. repaired choosing color sliders in the second theme,
5. added ADB (Android Debug Bridge) to dock mode,
6. replaced the index page when connect R3 to PC via Wi-Fi (now always in English), changed sort order (folders go first, then files, in order of names: at the beginning the numbers, then Latin, then Russian) and new file formats were added: upt, txt, log, and t,
7. added an internet radio icon to the top bar and replaced the built-in chinese radio stations (40 stations now, if stations list hasn't changed after FW upgrade, you should restore player to factory settings from system menu),
others you can personally add to radio.txt file and then save it in the root of your SD card,
8. striped all binary files,
9. optimized all png files,
10. removed unnecessary files and folders that are not used,
11. extended database limit to 65000 tracks,
12. added automatically connecting function to known Wi-Fi networks,
13. added automatically start playback function after player is turning on (you should save key_settings.conf file in the root of SD card with "autoplay=1" line),
14. added reverse Next and Previous buttons function (you should also have key_settings.conf file in the root of SD card with "reverse=1" line).

Last update: 07.12.2019

Original 3.4 Firmware, if you have problem with OTA or custom FW.
Several custom themes for R3 and R3 Pro with examples (*.t files should be saved in /theme folder in the root of SD card). Tool for creating custom themes.
Can you make a custom latest 3.7 FW ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back