The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
May 9, 2022 at 7:04 AM Post #6,496 of 6,859
my go to method to add music is

Plug micro sd into computer. Transfer new music, put microsd back into player. Everytime I do this it rescans the whole 256gb worth of music which is 10k files. even if I am only adding 1 folder. Is there anyway around this?

Turn player off, then insert card, then turn on again, and use folder browsing.

If you really want to scan then you can only scan entire library each time.

May 12, 2022 at 4:15 PM Post #6,498 of 6,859
I'm wondering if the R3 can take a spidf input using a coax cable.

I don't believe so. Of course it can input USB, AirPlay, Bluetooth and DLNA so maybe one of these will work for you. It will do SPDIF out but you need a special cable for the USB port.

May 16, 2022 at 1:37 PM Post #6,500 of 6,859
just received my Saber Pro today as a lighter and more compact alternative to my Kann Alpha.
I am surprised it cannot work as a USB Disk when connected to the computer, I wish I could transfer my files without removing the card every time :frowning2:

May 16, 2022 at 1:55 PM Post #6,501 of 6,859
just received my Saber Pro today as a lighter and more compact alternative to my Kann Alpha.
I am surprised it cannot work as a USB Disk when connected to the computer, I wish I could transfer my files without removing the card every time :frowning2:

Change USB Mode to "Storage".

May 21, 2022 at 11:25 AM Post #6,503 of 6,859
I am considering this as an alternative to the Chord Poly to stack with the Mojo 2. However I am a bit reluctant as I want to be able to stream Qobuz from the Hiby but am wary that it will cause RFI. Can this be avoided? I would prefer stacking the two units together in a case.

Jul 16, 2022 at 11:24 PM Post #6,504 of 6,859
I am considering this as an alternative to the Chord Poly to stack with the Mojo 2. However I am a bit reluctant as I want to be able to stream Qobuz from the Hiby but am wary that it will cause RFI. Can this be avoided? I would prefer stacking the two units together in a case.
I also aiming this R3 for my Mojo 2, due to pricey Poly in my country.
Most of the comment in Mojo section, they are using R3 series for the offline file from the sdcard.

Aug 5, 2022 at 2:23 AM Post #6,505 of 6,859
Hi,
I am looking for a small player that can provide a solid music experience, no streaming services support is needed, doesn't have to be crazy powerful (I plan to mostly use it with Final Audio E5000)

I just saw that R3Pro Saber is on promo for about 140 USD (in China).
Is there any other player that could do better than this one in this price range?

Aug 5, 2022 at 2:41 AM Post #6,506 of 6,859
Hi,
I am looking for a small player that can provide a solid music experience, no streaming services support is needed, doesn't have to be crazy powerful (I plan to mostly use it with Final Audio E5000)

I just saw that R3Pro Saber is on promo for about 140 USD (in China).
Is there any other player that could do better than this one in this price range?
Hidizs ap80 pro-x for about 40 USD more, maybe? I've not compared them myself though as I only have the R3Pro

Aug 5, 2022 at 9:29 AM Post #6,508 of 6,859
I was looking at it too because I can get one for about 120 USD so it could be a nice alternative…

The Hiby and Hidizs are very similar in features and software. The R3 Pro is a bit bigger and has a larger battery and somewhat more power (plus streaming if you use Tidal or Qobuz). I ended up with the R3 Pro myself. Choices, choices... :)

Aug 5, 2022 at 9:35 AM Post #6,509 of 6,859
The Hiby and Hidizs are very similar in features and software. The R3 Pro is a bit bigger and has a larger battery and somewhat more power (plus streaming if you use Tidal or Qobuz). I ended up with the R3 Pro myself. Choices, choices... :)

Note that the Hidizs does NOT have wifi capabilities, AFAIK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back