The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Jun 12, 2018 at 7:42 PM Post #2,206 of 6,862
:darthsmile::open_hands:
I think it is due to few backers might have cancelled the order ..

Ok, you may be right & more than a few if they were actually able to do so to get $ back...

Anyhow I’m mid 1200’s & from @JoeB indicted the Grey which I backer is shorted so seems like my wait will be longer than expected even to didn’t order cable or case

Good thing I’ve got good backup to get me thru the dry spell until the R3 rains in here!

I’ll just crack open another of my fave :open_hands::beer:’Craft Beer’ & listen to some of my favourite :robot::man_dancing:tunes’!

V Man :point_right:This is directed at you if you’re still conspiring w the Black:japanese_ogre:Wych on the ‘ Crime Of The Century ’!

Jun 12, 2018 at 9:20 PM Post #2,207 of 6,862
I think it is due to few backers might have cancelled the order ..

There are more numbers generated if instead of changing a pledge, you cancel the pledge entirely then join again. So most cancellations are from when the KS campaign is still live, not after.

My number increased from 12XX now to 1605 for the final pledge, black unit with leather case :) Hoping to receive tracking info soon...

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2018 at 9:29 PM Post #2,208 of 6,862
Honestly I am not liking what Hiby is doing with the PR and shipping and handling of the R3. i was under the impression that 50% of orders were going to be shipped within this week. And i see no one mentioning they got a shipping notification.

Jun 12, 2018 at 9:34 PM Post #2,210 of 6,862
Honestly I am not liking what Hiby is doing with the PR and shipping and handling of the R3. i was under the impression that 50% of orders were going to be shipped within this week. And i see no one mentioning they got a shipping notification.
It takes some time for shipping company to generate the tracking number.
People should really take a chill pill on this forum...

Jun 12, 2018 at 9:35 PM Post #2,211 of 6,862

I figure they are going to take a few days to shuffle the deck and rearrange their shipping lines with the new shipping strategy. Plus the shipping director is probably recovering from her injuries after getting thrown under the bus like that.

Lets hope by the end of the week there are lots of shipping notices sent out. Backer #97 here grey unit/ black leather case.

Jun 12, 2018 at 9:36 PM Post #2,212 of 6,862
It takes some time for shipping company to generate the tracking number.
People should really take a chill pill on this forum...
I agree we should chill a bit. But i am still not liking the way Hiby goes about its business.

Jun 12, 2018 at 9:38 PM Post #2,213 of 6,862
I figure they are going to take a few days to shuffle the deck and rearrange their shipping lines with the new shipping strategy. Plus the shipping director is probably recovering from her injuries after getting thrown under the bus like that.

Lets hope by the end of the week there are lots of shipping notices sent out. Backer #97 here grey unit/ black leather case.

Yes I’d hazard a guess your correct with that state!
Let’s hope!!!

Jun 12, 2018 at 9:59 PM Post #2,214 of 6,862

Barring any unforeseen info about what’s going on behind the scenes I’m with you on this, even if they areare shuffling the deck the cards should’ve been dealt by now & we ALL SHOUL’VE HAD A FULL HAND OF ACES!!!

It’s still mystifying how after a seemingly successful for the most part w the R6 how they could do a complete 180 & bitch this up so badly?!!

I could really understand if this was their rodeo, but it’s like everybody went on holidays &!it was all left to temp/replacement workers from hell took over!!!

It just doesn’t make any sense, unless there were problems during manufacturing that we didn’t know about etc & used the leather cases to cover that possibility etc.

Doubt we’ll ever know, it’s almost incomprehensible tho that this could’ve/should’ve occured given previous successful & satisfactory conclusion to the R6 campaign.

Mind boggling that!

Anyhow as I’ve previously said a self inflicted pr nightmare which is counterproductive to their stated mission!

Again I’m fairly far down the list w awaiting my grey R3 so as expected I continue to wait, but I’m pretty sure if this occured w a large well run company [& likely it wouldn’t ] but if it did the Entire Hiby Staff would be terminated with cause from top to bottom so as this would never occur again!

So we wait...

Jun 12, 2018 at 10:39 PM Post #2,216 of 6,862
i got my notice last week and it was updated (delayed)
but I'm not in such a rush like most here seem to be
I wonder how many backers are just trying to get it so they can quickly ebay it at a marked up price which explains why it being available elsewhere in china is causing such a commotion
being a longtime kickstarter backer (or fool) of almost 40 projects, I see nothing wrong with what has transpired so far

seems like most here complaining never backed a kickstarter or mass drop before and I recommend that you should stay away from such, "too good to be true" offers in the future and just buy it at full retail when it becomes finally available like what's happenning with the the Shanling M0.
Hopefully now Hiby can start putting out product like Shanling or any of the other chifi DAPs Benjie, Aptek, ZiShan, F-Audio, QNGEE that went straight to retail without the need for a kickstarter jumpstart.

I have never backed a kickstarter project since the site began that wasn't late some from a year to two years depending on the difficulty of the technology, manufacturing and distribution.
Its basically a gofundme program without truly acknowledging it.

That's why I thought Mass Drop being a different model was better, but in the end it was just the same

Hiby should just allow people to cancel if they aren't happy with the wait and give them their money back.
I'm sure if the device is a successful blowout over the counter at full retail Hiby shouldn't have any problem refunding the discounted amount or getting people to buy the product at full retail like all the other products out there including the R6.

Also all these free product professional reviewers should also review the company, its size, its financial status and its manufacturing, distribution and support infrastructure and network just like the sharks doon CNBC. The cool shiny object stuff should only be 50%-75% of a review. Leaving the company behind the product out is the ignoring the most important piece of the puzzle.

I hope things turn around for those anxious for I'm sure Hiby is busting their behinds trying to recover from a decision they thought made sense.at the time.

Jun 12, 2018 at 10:42 PM Post #2,217 of 6,862
Kind of wondering why did Hiby not stick with Indiegogo for the R3? Seems like the Indiegogo had much less hiccups than Kickstarter.

Someone correct if I’m wrong here as I don’t know sure But, I don’t think KS was the problem from what’s been mentioned here from all sides from the get go.
Once the KS campaign closed Hiby then collected the$ from KS & then the Big Problems occured after Hiby sent out the shipping info questionaire with not everybody responding asap & then the issue with the cable ordering & cases after the fact.
Then the qc issue arose numerous times with the cases & whoe knows maybe even production delays with the R3 that might’ve been masked a leather qc manufacturing issues.
Then came the Hiby girl who promoted herself to mega genius shipper of all time & really screwed things up with the various options & deterring some lower backers should be shipped 1st.
Then came the ‘Continuing Story Of Bungalow Bill’ Pt 3, 4 or is it 5 now?

Starting yesterday the slate was supposed to have cleaned & alls well that ends well & as Freddy Kruger’s find if saying ‘THE NIGHTMARE CONTINUES’ @ Hiby!!!

So I’m not really sure KS Was the issue, it is was & is Hiby self imploding with ineptness & not coming clean from the get go as HBB has amuses to in his excellent best F bombing Deadpool impression/rant pretty much summed it all up!

Anyhow again we wait as spring passes into summer into fall & the snow flies...

Sorry some artistic license possed me there for a mad second!

Like the reality of it all.!

ymmv

I’ve got lots of my fave craft:beer:beer & awesome:)music to carry me thru the deep dark cold winter snow waiting for Santa to drop my R3 down the chimney.
Milk & cookies are ready Santa, come & get em...
:robot:

Jun 12, 2018 at 11:01 PM Post #2,218 of 6,862
i got my notice last week and it was updated (delayed)
but I'm not in such a rush like most here seem to be
I wonder how many backers are just trying to get it so they can quickly ebay it at a marked up price which explains why it being available elsewhere in china is causing such a commotion
being a longtime kickstarter backer (or fool) of almost 40 projects, I see nothing wrong with what has transpired so far

seems like most here complaining never backed a kickstarter or mass drop before and I recommend that you should stay away from such, "too good to be true" offers in the future and just buy it at full retail when it becomes finally available like what's happenning with the the Shanling M0.
Hopefully now Hiby can start putting out product like Shanling or any of the other chifi DAPs Benjie, Aptek, ZiShan, F-Audio, QNGEE that went straight to retail without the need for a kickstarter jumpstart.

I have never backed a kickstarter project since the site began that wasn't late some from a year to two years depending on the difficulty of the technology, manufacturing and distribution.
Its basically a gofundme program without truly acknowledging it.

That's why I thought Mass Drop being a different model was better, but in the end it was just the same

Hiby should just allow people to cancel if they aren't happy with the wait and give them their money back.
I'm sure if the device is a successful blowout over the counter at full retail Hiby shouldn't have any problem refunding the discounted amount or getting people to buy the product at full retail like all the other products out there including the R6.

Also all these free product professional reviewers should also review the company, its size, its financial status and its manufacturing, distribution and support infrastructure and network just like the sharks doon CNBC. The cool shiny object stuff should only be 50%-75% of a review. Leaving the company behind the product out is the ignoring the most important piece of the puzzle.

I hope things turn around for those anxious for I'm sure Hiby is busting their behinds trying to recover from a decision they thought made sense.at the time.

Since you’ve brought up MD, I was reading a few weeks back on there from a number of people that became disenchanted there as with the exception of certain products that they’ve actually done well with going to the manufacturers to get a better product for a better price, prime example the Focal Elex which I’m considering getting to replace my Elear.
Point is a number of people long time reg MD buyers have found out the hard way a large number of MD so called great deals are not so great after all esp after the fact a large number of those same products were found on Amazon much cheaper with much better return policy much cheaper shipping as MD soaks you for shipping on nominal priced items & esp if your a Prime holder & 100% better overall experience in every way.
So at least from what I was reading I don’t think using MD is necessarily the best example.

Again this has become a self created out of control PR Nightmare for Hiby that many likely won’t forget or forgive for their next campaign & bad pr on the Net goes a long long way to have a huge impact on future hopes...

Jun 12, 2018 at 11:40 PM Post #2,219 of 6,862
Since you’ve brought up MD, I was reading a few weeks back on there from a number of people that became disenchanted there as with the exception of certain products that they’ve actually done well with going to the manufacturers to get a better product for a better price, prime example the Focal Elex which I’m considering getting to replace my Elear.
Point is a number of people long time reg MD buyers have found out the hard way a large number of MD so called great deals are not so great after all esp after the fact a large number of those same products were found on Amazon much cheaper with much better return policy much cheaper shipping as MD soaks you for shipping on nominal priced items & esp if your a Prime holder & 100% better overall experience in every way.
So at least from what I was reading I don’t think using MD is necessarily the best example.

Again this has become a self created out of control PR Nightmare for Hiby that many likely won’t forget or forgive for their next campaign & bad pr on the Net goes a long long way to have a huge impact on future hopes...

That's why I don't read the comment sections of either a kickstarter project or mass drop I back.
I usually make my donation and get surprised when something finally shows up
if you do enough over time its christmas surprises all year long
On Mass Drop I try and go for tried and true standards like the Sennheiser 6XX and the HifiMan 4XX they have been out for a while so its mostly reissue drops.
Took a chance on the Xduoo XD05 and HeadAmp Pico Slim and Topping NX1S which seems to have been okay choices

HBB created allot of the craze for the R6 and R3 since he does have a large following and I don't think he ever said they are bad devices but he's one of the few to address the vendor side of the equation which most don't like he claims. Him stepping up only builds his follower base.

Its a learning experience for all

The proof of the pudding will be when everyone finally gets their device and sees what they have waited for.
Just like those that backed the R6 which was still shipping as the R3 was rolling out.
some will be happy and some will still complain and feel jipped

Users who are viewing this thread

Back