The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Jun 11, 2018 at 12:59 AM Post #2,161 of 6,859
I got a mail from Joe and it looks like they are going to shed the cover delay and send out units
For folks who didn't like my tactic...no apologies
For the folks that did....your welcome.

Joe did not make a single excuse or anything to me. Looks like they are back on the track.
My videos contain bad language so please do not post them if that is the case. I removed links to my YT in my sig to prevent folks blindly walking into carpet f bombing.

It is a beauty, and it is going to make folks happy. I just wanted to see the dayu things start moving and they are.

Aloha
Aloha and Mahalo :wink:

Jun 11, 2018 at 1:29 AM Post #2,163 of 6,859
I got a mail from Joe and it looks like they are going to shed the cover delay and send out units

Joe did not make a single excuse or anything to me. Looks like they are back on the track.
My videos contain bad language so please do not post them if that is the case. I removed links to my YT in my sig to prevent folks blindly walking into carpet f bombing.

It is a beauty, and it is going to make folks happy. I just wanted to see the dayu things start moving and they are.

Aloha
You are the man! Looks like you your comments were invaluable in getting things moving in the right direction. Everyone here should really appreciate it. And your videos are awesome, so unadulterated and real. Keep up the good work!

Jun 11, 2018 at 1:34 AM Post #2,164 of 6,859

Aloha

Well you gotta do what you gotta do then right!

So all’s well that ends well & in the end as was expected we wait for the great little DAP that we backed in the 1st place!

So Thx for That!

:robot:Cheers...

Jun 11, 2018 at 2:14 AM Post #2,165 of 6,859
This.

Seriously folks, keep in mind that you never actually purchased anything at all. You invested in someone else's idea and, if they are successful you get the reward(s) associated with the dollar amount you pledged to back their effort.

This isn't a nightmare. This is a win for all backers, and, more or less, a smooth one for that matter

Well.. it is a nightmare to me, personally.
I paid a big pledge for receiving several R3s, but never got a confirmation if these are counting for several R3s or just for 1 and the rest of the money is just supportive. in emails ther was always "1" counted. also I paid for leather cases, not knowing if they were correctly added.
In addition there were some currency exchange issues, which should have been solved till the end of the campaign.
Although I asked several times for these topics, any comments, solutions, or confirmation that multiple R3s are counted and the exchange stuff is solved.. nothing came.

So yes.. paying a big load of money and not getting confirmed what was discussed before, although this confirmation was promised to come.. is a nightmare for me.. because lots of money could get "lost" and I have no idea whgat they do with my money.

to be honest, you should not arrogate to judge over peoples sight on things.. there is always a reason behind it, even if you do not understand it.
thanks

Jun 11, 2018 at 2:19 AM Post #2,166 of 6,859
I feel like R3 attracted quite a lot of people who simply don't understand how kickstarter works.
In short: you invest money at a chance of getting something cheaper and earlier than others but at the same time you risk that you will have to suffer through some early stage issues (project specs may change) or even (in extreme cases) not get anything despite the money invested. This is not the only way to get this product, everyone can just wait till it is available in normal channels and buy it there.

Yes, originally LDAC was included but as soon as it became an issue, they removed it from whole communication and it was early enough for people to back out if they were unhappy.
Tidal was never promised offline, they said they will do the best to include it and people just assumed they will. This is exactly the reason why they don't want to specify the 2 other services because it may not work out and people will be again crying about false advertising.

While Hiby was not perfect with the communication, I think they took effort to keep us updated in an honest way (instead of dissapearing for a month or two as many other KS projects tend to).

I supported 26 KS and Indiegogo Campaigns including R3. So yes, I know, and most others do too, how it works.
But I mostly (2 times not) had campaign starters who tried and informed the backers as soon as there were issues and replied to concerns or special caes that were not covered by the campaigns pledge ( like paying 10 x a pledge and receive 10x the rewards, which is not programmed in the pledges this way).

With HiBy there is another behavior, and this is the reason for complaints. at least for me.

That the device might be an early one, without many promised or estimted features, thats clearly the thing in KS. thats how it works.

Jun 11, 2018 at 2:23 AM Post #2,167 of 6,859

Aloha
Your Vid was heavily appreciated and on point :)

Jun 11, 2018 at 2:55 AM Post #2,168 of 6,859
It is far fetched to call this a nightmare. I have been hooked on the DAP thing and I am afraid I will have a collection of them in a few years, including future Hiby's, but I am done with Kickstarter and Indiegogo. There is so much frustration, and I can't help reading it all. This is nothing compared the Jolla tablet I was backing on

Again you seem to have taken that comment of mine out of context as Zachik did!

Well what’s a nightmare for some backers [that are not feeling the joy about their experience so far esp vis-à-vis communication etc. like Tanelorns response below!] might be considered a fairytale for others if you’re one of the lucky ones & all goes well as expected, depends on which backer you are, what # you have, if you’ve received an early shipping notification etc, it’s all in perspective I’d say!

Again I’m saying there are many people that might consider the entire process so far a nightmare, for myself again I just think they really dropped the ball with this issue of lack of proper communication for those that have become disenchanted & are feeling their hard earned $ was not being respected by ignoring them or not informing them earlier on that problems were brewing...

ymmv.

Just saying...

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2018 at 5:24 AM Post #2,169 of 6,859
Well.. it is a nightmare to me, personally.
I paid a big pledge for receiving several R3s, but never got a confirmation if these are counting for several R3s or just for 1 and the rest of the money is just supportive. in emails ther was always "1" counted. also I paid for leather cases, not knowing if they were correctly added.
In addition there were some currency exchange issues, which should have been solved till the end of the campaign.
Although I asked several times for these topics, any comments, solutions, or confirmation that multiple R3s are counted and the exchange stuff is solved.. nothing came.

So yes.. paying a big load of money and not getting confirmed what was discussed before, although this confirmation was promised to come.. is a nightmare for me.. because lots of money could get "lost" and I have no idea whgat they do with my money.

to be honest, you should not arrogate to judge over peoples sight on things.. there is always a reason behind it, even if you do not understand it.
thanks

Well let's put this nightmare to an end... pm sent.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 11, 2018 at 9:47 AM Post #2,171 of 6,859
I feel like R3 attracted quite a lot of people who simply don't understand how kickstarter works.
In short: you invest money at a chance of getting something cheaper and earlier than others but at the same time you risk that you will have to suffer through some early stage issues (project specs may change) or even (in extreme cases) not get anything despite the money invested. This is not the only way to get this product, everyone can just wait till it is available in normal channels and buy it there.

Yes, originally LDAC was included but as soon as it became an issue, they removed it from whole communication and it was early enough for people to back out if they were unhappy.
Tidal was never promised offline, they said they will do the best to include it and people just assumed they will. This is exactly the reason why they don't want to specify the 2 other services because it may not work out and people will be again crying about false advertising.

While Hiby was not perfect with the communication, I think they took effort to keep us updated in an honest way (instead of dissapearing for a month or two as many other KS projects tend to).

Why is kickstarter allowed to exist if they don't vet people who are coming to ask for money for a project ...so people donate money thats what it is a DONATION!! ...All the scammers and shysters on kickstarter is getting out of hand....hiby not included at least they are delivering the product ....But trinity audio you BS artists should never exist....Not ever going to use kickstarter again they take their cut and run!!

Jun 11, 2018 at 9:58 AM Post #2,172 of 6,859
Maybe I'm too late but. Just woke up.
Here it is:

Screenshot_20180611-145702.jpg

Jun 11, 2018 at 12:42 PM Post #2,174 of 6,859
To echo others who have backed many crowd funding projects and group buys (both forum and massdrop), this has been and will continue to be a very good campaign. Shortest turn around time for me personally, from "backing" to week of shipping. Thank you HiBy!

Jun 11, 2018 at 1:08 PM Post #2,175 of 6,859
very good decision. bravo HiBy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back