The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Jun 10, 2018 at 10:01 AM Post #2,116 of 6,859
Hiby R3 REVIEW (of the company)

He says at the end he'll let other places talk about sound quality, and there already have been reviews of the sound from other sites.

I like Bad Guy he has done some great reviews. I watched him mainly for his view on how things sound as he uses his collection on music to do so. My style of music.

I'm a bit concerned for him as he is going off tangent and venting. I understand as I have a habit of speaking my mind :) but it does become a neg.

I hope he takes note as he has a good feel for what he does and selfishly I want to hear more about the gear from him.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2018 at 10:42 AM Post #2,118 of 6,859
Is it too late to get a refund for the product? Mine still hasn't shipped so i'm still thinking i could possibly get a refund/cancel my order. Since there was no paypal option to pay, how could one go about doing a chargeback?
I don't think you can - not once it's funded. That's the joy of Kickstarter. Once the project funds it's between you and the company. I wanted to cancel my order too, but found out way too late that offline Tidal would never be supported.

I'm almost one of the last backers, and have my tracking number - my R3 will be here in a few days. It's possible that HiBy are prioritizing those that paid more for their pledge. There have been many cases of Kickstarter projects delivering retail sales items before those to early funders - just a question of the company optimizing their cashflow.

I was curious about that earlier post of the R3 being sold for around €100. Why would a distributor intentionally take a loss to harm HiBy? Seems extremely unlikely. I wonder if that distributor just knows something about the R3 that we yet don't...?

I hate to be negative, but I own the M0 and it's awesome - I really can't fault it. And since the R3 won't offline any streaming service, it's most likely going to just serve out its days as a dedicated dust-gathering object in one of my drawers. If anybody is still feeling sad about having missed out on this Kickstarter project, pm me. I'll have a brand new R3 for sale next week...

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2018 at 10:47 AM Post #2,119 of 6,859
I don't think you can - not once it's funded. That's the joy of Kickstarter. Once the project funds it's between you and the company. I wanted to cancel my order too, but found out way too late that offline Tidal would never be supported.

I'm almost one of the last backers, and have my tracking number - my R3 will be here in a few days. It's possible that HiBy are prioritizing those that paid more for their pledge. There have been many cases of Kickstarter projects delivering retail sales items before those to early funders - just a question of the company optimizing their cashflow.

I was curious about that earlier post of the R3 being sold for around €100. Why would a distributor intentionally take a loss to harm HiBy? Seems extremely unlikely. I wonder if that distributor just knows something about the R3 that we yet don't...?

I hate to be negative, but I own the M0 and it's awesome - I really can't fault it. And since the R3 won't offline any streaming service, it's most likely going to just serve out it's days as a dedicated dust-gathering object in one of my drawers. If anybody is still feeling sad about having missed out on this Kickstarter project, pm me. I'll have a brand new R3 for sale next week...

Same here. It was Tidal offline that caught me. Now I don't see the benefit over Cayin, Shanling and Fiio in the same price range.

Jun 10, 2018 at 10:58 AM Post #2,121 of 6,859
seems they dont answer on fb either if its not good news. What got me was ldac to use with my 1000x, it is 3 weeks since it was in "final approval stages"

And seems they have forgotten about MQA..no word on that.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2018 at 11:29 AM Post #2,122 of 6,859
One thing to keep in mind for those high up on the backing chain that are complaining about not getting a shipping tracking # even tho others lower down the rung have had then notified & shipped.!

Last month or whenever Hiby sent out the questionnaire for shipping details it was highly suggested that ‘You ALL [Me Included even tho I’m 3/4 down the chain] respond ASAP & get your shipping info etc ASAP.!
As those that are tardy/even tho you are higher up the backing order, if you respond late you will be shipped late & those that respond early even tho a lower backing # will be shipped before hand.!
As that makes sense & is perfectly logical.!

So if you are a very early backer but did not respond to Hiby’s shipping questionaire asap then don’t be surprised if people lower than you on the backing order #’s are shipped before you!

Just saying even tho I’m 3/4 of the way down the shipping ladder, so I’m fine with that!

Ymmv...
Ugh. Please. Backed one minute after the campaign opened. Replied to shipping survey within 3 minutes.

Facts: R6 campaign was managed beautifully for early backers. R3 campaign (many times larger in volume) has been something of a CharlieFox in comparison.

Jun 10, 2018 at 12:33 PM Post #2,124 of 6,859
I got stung by the trinity fiasco, so I know where you are coming from. Would be nice to know What is going on though!

Jun 10, 2018 at 1:44 PM Post #2,125 of 6,859
Mates, if you have complaints hiby won't recognize that here..
Post your complaints and rate hiby on their Facebook page. There it hurts them and they reply within a few days.
Make sure not to send a message but a review of hiby. Otherwise they won't reply.

If they receive enough negative reviews they might change sth.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom/

If I went all the way to HBB's YouTube to comment, do you think you really need to do that?

I am wondering how the service and support will be..
Found some Things in the reviews :

"Don't buy the R6 or R3 players! My unit is detective on arrival and they stick you with an $80 shipping bill to China in order to get it fixed. Then Hiby support stop responding to my messages. The specs are nice and the online reviews are good (paid for?) but the service is lacking big time and the units are flawed from the original promise. I am disputing my payment since I haven't received a reply in weeks."

That does not reflect the current situation with this customer.

Attachments

• upload_2018-6-11_1-43-31.png
    upload_2018-6-11_1-43-31.png
    17.6 KB · Views: 0
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 10, 2018 at 1:50 PM Post #2,126 of 6,859
If I went all the way to HBB's YouTube to comment, do you think you really need to do that?

That does not reflect the current situation with this customer.
@Joe Bloggs , I will ask you these 2 questions only and I would request you to honestly answer them asap, because my cancellation will depend on it:
(i) Will Tidal Offline ever arrive on hiby r3?
(I) Will ldac certification arrive?

I have no more questions. Please be honest and answer it as soon as possible. Thank you.

Jun 10, 2018 at 2:13 PM Post #2,127 of 6,859
So... it's time to come out and clear the air a bit...

1. The big news is, we will indeed ship the R3's regardless of whether or not you ordered one of the leather cases being delayed. We will ship the leather cases separately as they become available.
2. TIDAL is of course available on the R3's--the 4-diamond logo at the top of the main screen in HBB's R3 video reviews is the button for entering TIDAL mode. It's true that TIDAL offline will not be available as of now: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...other-to-the-r6.872288/page-111#post-14255976
3. Complaints that the order fulfilment (what there has been of that, outside of those who ordered the leather cases (which doesn't matter now, see point 1) has not been going in numerical order can be explained by the fact that... order fulfilment has not been going in numerical order :frowning2: It turns out that our shipping director had taken it upon herself to improve speed and efficiency of the packaging / shipping assembly line... by grouping backers into several groups according to the type of accessories they ordered and working on one group before the next. This shall also be rectified starting tomorrow.
4. The problem with the astonishingly cheap R3 outlet has been explained elsewhere. https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...other-to-the-r6.872288/page-136#post-14289394
5. Many of the R3 features people are bemoaning the lack of right now are actually already running in-house (but excuse me if I can't mentione exactly which ones)--but licensing and certification is a real problem that has to be taken care of. HBB mentioned that LDAC is running on several FiiO products, as though that meant LDAC no longer requires licensing? I don't see the logic there. Does FiiO not license the technology they use? They sure did last I knew--I worked on licensing a few for them myself when I was with them!

Best regards,
Joe

Last edited:
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Jun 10, 2018 at 2:15 PM Post #2,128 of 6,859
Hello Soham,

1. Tidal cannot be offlined by any other than the android tidal app (and the PC tidal app), until tidal changes their plans.
We were going to be the first non android player to support tidal offline; if and when this becomes a possibility, expect the r3 to still be among the first to support this.

2. Sorry, I can't answer this question directly in public right now. (if only because of NDA)

Best regards,
Joe

Last edited:

Jun 10, 2018 at 2:19 PM Post #2,129 of 6,859
Hi all, i am not a kickstarter backer but i would very much like to buy this DAP because i have sold my Cayin N3 due to some incompatibilities.
My question is if this Hiby R3 will connect via bluetooth with Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 Over Ear Wireless headphones because Cayin N3 wasn't capable to, hence the reason to sell it.
Until today i have discovered only 2 devices not compatible via bluetooth with Sennheiser wireless headphones: Cayin N3 and Cowon Plenue R.
Anyone can answer to my question please? Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back