The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Apr 17, 2018 at 4:37 PM Post #1,021 of 6,872
Apr 17, 2018 at 4:38 PM Post #1,022 of 6,872
I vote the next stretch goal will be an R6, who's with me :) ha ha
300$ goal an r6? Easy made champ! (ahaha joking, it would be too randomly out of their pockets goal)

Apr 17, 2018 at 4:42 PM Post #1,023 of 6,872
Apr 17, 2018 at 5:55 PM Post #1,027 of 6,872
And yet... yes, there are women on head-fi :)
If you love music and you are on headfi, you are one of us! So we're still safe, cheers!

Apr 18, 2018 at 1:07 AM Post #1,029 of 6,872
Can someone briefly explain what the advantage is for a "USB-C to Coaxial", vs an "OTG USB-C to USB Micro" (or appropriate USB Type for the DAC) for the MOJO or other DAC's ? I'd always thought that either way you were inputting the same digital signal to the DAC ? My DAC does not have coaxial input; only USB.
Dunno about sonic differences but there are a two practical advantages, mainly with iFi dacs, the first one is that the usb-c to mini coaxial is a right angled cable so it sticks out far less than USB OTG cable iFi dacs use. The second advantage is that coaxial does not carry power so there is no risk that the dac will start recharding itself off the dap's battery. Not an issue with the Mojo but a real concern with iDSD BL.

Apr 18, 2018 at 9:32 AM Post #1,031 of 6,872
Backer #1530 here. I went for the R3 with earphone. Now the waiting game begins. :)

I also asked for Spotify support in a comment.

Apr 19, 2018 at 12:35 AM Post #1,032 of 6,872
So I'm really interested in backing the R3. Sounds like one of the best, feature-rich DAPs out there.

Two questions:
- If I wanted to use this into another bigger headphone amp, the 'line-out' goes through the internal amp of the R3. How much of an actual impact to the sound quality will that be (if any?). I know the preferred route for line-out is to bypass the amp but will it make much of a difference?

- Given the new stretch goals (plastic case, clear case, *potential* carrying case), what point is there in getting the leather case? I was original going to back that one a while back, but given the new stretch goals, it doesn't seem like much of a point going with the leather case now. Is there? Are there any pics of the leather case? I can't find any.

Thanks

Apr 19, 2018 at 12:44 AM Post #1,033 of 6,872
So I'm really interested in backing the R3. Sounds like one of the best, feature-rich DAPs out there.

Two questions:
- If I wanted to use this into another bigger headphone amp, the 'line-out' goes through the internal amp of the R3. How much of an actual impact to the sound quality will that be (if any?). I know the preferred route for line-out is to bypass the amp but will it make much of a difference?

- Given the new stretch goals (plastic case, clear case, *potential* carrying case), what point is there in getting the leather case? I was original going to back that one a while back, but given the new stretch goals, it doesn't seem like much of a point going with the leather case now. Is there? Are there any pics of the leather case? I can't find any.

Thanks
Let's not forget about the exciting next stretch goal.
HibyShirt.jpg

Apr 19, 2018 at 12:58 AM Post #1,034 of 6,872

Two questions:

Thanks
To be honest nobody can answer how much of a difference an amp will do. It depends on so many variables. If your main use will be using R3 as a transport only, you can find many portable amps out there and stack them together. As alone it will be sufficient to feed any IEMs out there in general as long as they are not way too inefficient or higher than 100 ohms. We should not forget the purpose of R3, it is a DAP which is a highly portable one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back