The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Sep 24, 2018 at 12:35 PM Post #4,472 of 6,859
A few of those need striking off the list as Hiby has started to sort them out.
If anybody has noticed any that have been please let me know.

I feel that Hiby is ready to take the horns of bull and ride it hard . Ye Hah.

What you reckon @fanoble

Yes, We will continue to upgrade to resolve issues and improve user experience.

Will the Error 4007 issue of Tidal ever be resolved?
@fanoble

Sorry, this problem is still being processed, the difficulty is we have not met this problem in our network and TIDAL has no more explanation.

@fanoble what about MQA in R3, is it only applicable for Tidal or local stored MQA files ?

Local stored first and TIDAL will be supported after they provide MQA stream.

Sep 24, 2018 at 1:55 PM Post #4,473 of 6,859
how's the r3 with md+ 3.5mm (either stock/aftermarket cable) for you? Have you also tried pairing md+ w/ other DAPs as well?

I am personally using the R3 with the MD+ using the 2.5mm cable. Stock for now, but looking to get an all-copper cable at some point in time in the future.

I think the two work very well together. The R3 has a commendable ability to extract detail - which I attribute to the ESS chip. The MD+ has a slightly laid back sound in the upper frequencies, hence why I think the two work together so well.

In all my experience, gear which is immediately "wow" tends to end up being too much of a good thing or fatiguing in the long run. Initially I felt the combo was "just ok", but with extended listening I have come to appreciate the ability of both components. It is immensely listenable, and the built-in EQ is perfect for tweaking here and there a little if it ever needs (e.g., a slight bass boost for Def Leppard albums which can be quite soft, or slight treble roll off for Sarah Brightman which tends to be recorded hot).

Sep 24, 2018 at 1:56 PM Post #4,474 of 6,859
Yes, We will continue to upgrade to resolve issues and improve user experience.
Sorry, this problem is still being processed, the difficulty is we have not met this problem in our network and TIDAL has no more explanation.

This is good news and hope it is resolved soon. Out of interest, what does that particular error (4007) mean in the HiBy OS?

Sep 24, 2018 at 2:51 PM Post #4,475 of 6,859
Has anyone else had an issue of the R3 not properly recognizing SD cards? It's a little frustrating. I just got it on Saturday, threw in a 200gb card that already had some music on it and it recognized everything fine. I hooked it up to my PC to add some more music and if failed. Since this happened when I look at the info screen it shows the capacity as 0.0GB of 0.1GB. I've formatted the card, quick and long, I've also factory reset the device several times and tried different SD cards. All the other cards report the same capacity.
huY5C66.jpg

Sep 24, 2018 at 3:17 PM Post #4,476 of 6,859
Hmmm, I decided it treat it like an Android device and held down power and volume up finding the firmware updater. I threw the current, already installed via OTA, firmware on the card and it went through the update motions again and now it shows 183gb free. I'm loading my music back on the SD card, hopefully I'm good.

*Update
It shows the correct size for the card but scanning still finds no music.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2018 at 7:17 PM Post #4,478 of 6,859

@fanoble I think somebody on this thread already suggested this but are the Tidal errors not related to regional restrictions when playing certain songs via Tidal because it’s not registering the correct device location? I can play a lot of Tidal tracks but often the ones that won’t play are less well-known tracks. The songs that don’t play on the R3 through Tidal play on my iPhone just fine. A Google search would suggest that the 4007 error code is due to an authorisation issue with Tidal which prevents the user playing certain songs.

Sep 24, 2018 at 10:35 PM Post #4,479 of 6,859
@fanoble I think somebody on this thread already suggested this but are the Tidal errors not related to regional restrictions when playing certain songs via Tidal because it’s not registering the correct device location? I can play a lot of Tidal tracks but often the ones that won’t play are less well-known tracks. The songs that don’t play on the R3 through Tidal play on my iPhone just fine. A Google search would suggest that the 4007 error code is due to an authorisation issue with Tidal which prevents the user playing certain songs.

Yes, can confirm the error only occurs when I search for music to play (mostly less well known artists)

Sep 25, 2018 at 8:42 AM Post #4,480 of 6,859
From Hiby on Facebook:

26a0.png
⚠️WARNING
203c.png
‼️

To those who already updated to firmware 1.14 on HiBy R3, PLEASE UPDATE THE FIRMWARE TO 1.15 ASAP.

The problem on firmware 1.14: micro SD card cannot be recognized in some certain situations. Once this problem appears, users can only manually update the firmware via micro SD card.

Therefore, here are two piece of advice:
1) For those who use firmware 1.14 normally so far, please get OTA update to 1.15 as soon as possible to avoid the problem.
2) For those who already got the problem, please download the files to manually update to 1.15.
Download link for 1.15: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtuiwfIBRYFEgbtRgPefTX_1QrNP0A

Sep 25, 2018 at 1:35 PM Post #4,484 of 6,859
From Hiby on Facebook:

26a0.png
⚠️WARNING
203c.png
‼️

To those who already updated to firmware 1.14 on HiBy R3, PLEASE UPDATE THE FIRMWARE TO 1.15 ASAP.

The problem on firmware 1.14: micro SD card cannot be recognized in some certain situations. Once this problem appears, users can only manually update the firmware via micro SD card.

Therefore, here are two piece of advice:
1) For those who use firmware 1.14 normally so far, please get OTA update to 1.15 as soon as possible to avoid the problem.
2) For those who already got the problem, please download the files to manually update to 1.15.
Download link for 1.15: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtuiwfIBRYFEgbtRgPefTX_1QrNP0A

Wow this is a bit of a panic update!!!!

Anybody noticed the the top drop and bottom drop is now back? Looks like a reboot of V1.3.

Hiby I think you need to take the pressure off your programmers and spend more time soak testing your software.

I understand your catering for three types of hardware now on this model but give your guys a breather.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back